Episode 73.5 — Minisode 73.5

35 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

It was tough to find a scary movie that would top last year’s Sleepaway Camp but then we stumbled upon the holy grail that is Halloween III: Season of the Witch! We also are treated to a dramatic reading of an extra’s experience on the set of the Lindsay Lohan film “I Know Who Killed Me” by our very own June Diane Raphael. Plus, we get to the bottom of who was in that gorilla suit in Congo as Paul reads some Corrections & Omissions and answers your Siegfried & Roy questions. Don’t forget to send the new movie title submissions to hdtgmfilmtitles@gmail.com! Make sure to watch Ass Backwards now on VOD & iTunes and use your face to watch Hell Baby right now on Amazon!

#2 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Rut roh sean!

#3 Wien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Locationaustin, tx

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Wow, a film I voted on is being done... I feel so empowered!!

..Wait, "Season of the Witch"? Is Nic Cage in this one, too?
THIS CONCLAVE IS OVER!!!!!!

#4 Cameronm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Wooo finally, poor intern Katie was getting bombarded about this on twitter.

#5 wyldride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Season of the Witch wouldn't have seemed so weird if they'd stuck by their original plan to make an anthology series of movies. But once they changed their mind and brought Michael back for a second movie, they should've just stuck with that new plan. If they'd just released it separately, at least this movie would be judged on its content alone, and not the disappointment of it not featuring Michael.

https://soundcloud.c...-mean-to-pixley

#6 jarrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationMelonville

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good this is on amc a lot so I don't have to go out of my way to see Halloween III: Season of the Witch, AMC canada has it on Tue 10/22, for us cheap canada's.

#7 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

AWWWW SHIT, IT'S HAPPENING!

Somebody better be on standby to fan off Sean as he faints.

#8 jarrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationMelonville

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

strange this episode of the mini cast hasn't aired on itunes RSS feed yet..

#9 IsaiahER

Pronounced "Isaiah-E-R'"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I would love to watch this in canon, but since it literally has nothing to do with the previous in any way, there is no point.

#10 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm just so damn happy

Posted Image

#11 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostIsaiahER, on 16 October 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

I would love to watch this in canon, but since it literally has nothing to do with the previous in any way, there is no point.

Canon doesn't even exist in the same universe as this movie.

#12 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostBruce Reid Robinson II, on 16 October 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Canon doesn't even exist in the same universe as this movie.

IIRC, the original Halloween is a movie in the universe of Halloween 3 (there's a commercial for it in the movie), so this is like some kind of crazy alternate universe.

#13 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Also Paul is right as I am not, in fact, a geologist.

#14 John Doe Baker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

Halloween III, I literally can't wait.

#15 Ryan Sz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postseanotron, on 16 October 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

IIRC, the original Halloween is a movie in the universe of Halloween 3 (there's a commercial for it in the movie), so this is like some kind of crazy alternate universe.

Weren't they showing it on almost every TV as much as they were showing that bonkers mask commercial?

#16 brandenhaize

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Six more days till the podcast, the podcast, the podcast. Six more days till the podcast... and I'll probably still have this damn song stuck in my head.
Paul Scheer: "Branden, guess what? You're the first Correction and Ommission to get BOOTED!" (Minisode 79.5)

#17 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Postjarrycanada, on 16 October 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Good this is on amc a lot so I don't have to go out of my way to see Halloween III: Season of the Witch, AMC canada has it on Tue 10/22, for us cheap canada's.

Cool, I was hoping it would be on AMC since they air a ton of horror movies in October. Given the level of gore on The Walking Dead, I hope they don't edit it too heavily.

#18 IsaiahER

Pronounced "Isaiah-E-R'"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

I do have to say, June's dramatic reading of the I Know Who Killed Me extra's email was amazing.

#19 JeremyPhillips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

No! This is the good Halloween sequel! Great idea, great direction, great acting and great script by Nigel Kneale, a TV pioneer who wrote the first original drama series and came up with reality television in a script about what a terrible thing it would be. He did take his name off H3 because the gore, though.

It also has the best ever line of dialogue to cover a plot hole. It's utterly shameless, and also the work of a genius.

H2 is far worse than this, H4-6 are just boring, H20 with JLC back is okay and Halloween Resurrection is awful. The remake and its sequel are just crazy.

#20 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostJeremyPhillips, on 16 October 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

No! This is the good Halloween sequel! Great idea, great direction, great acting and great script by Nigel Kneale, a TV pioneer who wrote the first original drama series and came up with reality television in a script about what a terrible thing it would be. He did take his name off H3 because the gore, though.

It also has the best ever line of dialogue to cover a plot hole. It's utterly shameless, and also the work of a genius.

H2 is far worse than this, H4-6 are just boring, H20 with JLC back is okay and Halloween Resurrection is awful. The remake and its sequel are just crazy.

I agree that it's great in a super bonkers way - I mean, how it could it not be with androids, magic pieces of Stonehenge and exploding Halloween masks? - but I have to give some side eye to the idea that this movie contains 'great acting'.