🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 73.5 — Minisode 73.5

It was tough to find a scary movie that would top last year’s Sleepaway Camp but then we stumbled upon the holy grail that is Halloween III: Season of the Witch! We also are treated to a dramatic reading of an extra’s experience on the set of the Lindsay Lohan film “I Know Who Killed Me” by our very own June Diane Raphael. Plus, we get to the bottom of who was in that gorilla suit in Congo as Paul reads some Corrections & Omissions and answers your Siegfried & Roy questions. Don’t forget to send the new movie title submissions to hdtgmfilmtitles@gmail.com! Make sure to watch Ass Backwards now on VOD & iTunes and use your face to watch Hell Baby right now on Amazon!

Wow, a film I voted on is being done... I feel so empowered!!

..Wait, "Season of the Witch"? Is Nic Cage in this one, too?

Season of the Witch wouldn't have seemed so weird if they'd stuck by their original plan to make an anthology series of movies. But once they changed their mind and brought Michael back for a second movie, they should've just stuck with that new plan. If they'd just released it separately, at least this movie would be judged on its content alone, and not the disappointment of it not featuring Michael.

• Like 1

Good this is on amc a lot so I don't have to go out of my way to see Halloween III: Season of the Witch, AMC canada has it on Tue 10/22, for us cheap canada's.

AWWWW SHIT, IT'S HAPPENING!

Somebody better be on standby to fan off Sean as he faints.

• Like 3

I would love to watch this in canon, but since it literally has nothing to do with the previous in any way, there is no point.

Canon doesn't even exist in the same universe as this movie.

• Like 2

Canon doesn't even exist in the same universe as this movie.

IIRC, the original Halloween is a movie in the universe of Halloween 3 (there's a commercial for it in the movie), so this is like some kind of crazy alternate universe.

• Like 1

IIRC, the original Halloween is a movie in the universe of Halloween 3 (there's a commercial for it in the movie), so this is like some kind of crazy alternate universe.

Weren't they showing it on almost every TV as much as they were showing that bonkers mask commercial?

Six more days till the podcast, the podcast, the podcast. Six more days till the podcast... and I'll probably still have this damn song stuck in my head.

Good this is on amc a lot so I don't have to go out of my way to see Halloween III: Season of the Witch, AMC canada has it on Tue 10/22, for us cheap canada's.

Cool, I was hoping it would be on AMC since they air a ton of horror movies in October. Given the level of gore on The Walking Dead, I hope they don't edit it too heavily.

No! This is the good Halloween sequel! Great idea, great direction, great acting and great script by Nigel Kneale, a TV pioneer who wrote the first original drama series and came up with reality television in a script about what a terrible thing it would be. He did take his name off H3 because the gore, though.

It also has the best ever line of dialogue to cover a plot hole. It's utterly shameless, and also the work of a genius.

H2 is far worse than this, H4-6 are just boring, H20 with JLC back is okay and Halloween Resurrection is awful. The remake and its sequel are just crazy.

• Like 1

No! This is the good Halloween sequel! Great idea, great direction, great acting and great script by Nigel Kneale, a TV pioneer who wrote the first original drama series and came up with reality television in a script about what a terrible thing it would be. He did take his name off H3 because the gore, though.

It also has the best ever line of dialogue to cover a plot hole. It's utterly shameless, and also the work of a genius.

H2 is far worse than this, H4-6 are just boring, H20 with JLC back is okay and Halloween Resurrection is awful. The remake and its sequel are just crazy.

I agree that it's great in a super bonkers way - I mean, how it could it not be with androids, magic pieces of Stonehenge and exploding Halloween masks? - but I have to give some side eye to the idea that this movie contains 'great acting'.

Also, I accept no responsibility for that damn Silver Shamrock song earworming its way into your head.

Season of the Witch, eh? Fine, fine - that's a great choice. But you won't be able to avoid Killer Klowns from Outer Space forever, Paul! :)

Man, Netflix really screwed this 'cast over when they dropped those, like, 3k titles a few months ago. Stupid Netflix. Moving towards original programming and dropping a ton of the stuff people actually like. No more STARZ content. No more South Park? No more James Bond movies? All the other Viacom shows? Movies from MGM, Universal and Warner Bros.? And, worst of all, no more cheesy movies that end up on How Did This Get Made? It's been a long time since I heard of Netflix actually making deals FOR a huge chunk of movies/TV shows... I really should just cancel my subscription soon.

June, bravo *applause*. That dramatic reading was awesome!

Can't wait for next week!

I love Halloween 3, and the Michael movies are largely terrible. The first one is really good, Halloween Resurrection is so bad it's funny (I love me some Busta Rhymes), and the rest are just kinda boring. Blah. Give me the Witch, Jack O'Lantern, and Skull masks anyday!

Also, great job on the dramatic reading, June.

I love Halloween 3, and the Michael movies are largely terrible. The first one is really good, Halloween Resurrection is so bad it's funny (I love me some Busta Rhymes), and the rest are just kinda boring. Blah. Give me the Witch, Jack O'Lantern, and Skull masks anyday!

Also, great job on the dramatic reading, June.

See, this is why I think it's a great choice, though. Especially over the other sequels. They're mostly boring retreads of the first movie. And Resurrection is just low-hanging fruit. This movie is so OTT insane that it should give the crew a lot to chew on.

Though I do predict June will describe many of the events in this film as 'so upsetting'.

• Like 1

Halloween 3: season of the witch is the greatest Halloween movie EVER. I wrote a 2000 word essay on it for a film history/appreciation class I took at University last year.