๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Entrapment (1999)

Movie built around a single shot of Zeta-jones booty evading lasers.

ย 

Need I mention that Sean Connery is her love interest in this movie. (though I suppose her marrying Michael Douglas made this pairing a bit more realistic.)

the biggest deception of entrapment is making the world think catherine zeta jones has an ass

• Like 2

More like Encrapment amirite?

• Like 2

Man, what a listless movie. It feels like nobody involved in it really cared about it, not the writers or the directors or actors. The best thing about this movie by far is that it ends with a Seal song (however, it's a so-so Seal song).

ย 

Also, I like that the amount that they steal is $8,000,000,001.67. It's simultaneously a very even and specific number, like why not say "8 Billion" and then do something like $7,958,391,122.55 if you're not going to make it exactly 8 billion.

Wow. I didn't realize until now that Connery completely gave up on making decent movies as early as 1990. Not a single good one after that, and the final five are just depressing.

Contrary to what the ridiculous soundbite "You're the man now dog!" would lead you to believe, Finding Forrester is a good film.

Contrary to what the ridiculous soundbite "You're the man now dog!" would lead you to believe, Finding Forrester is a good film.

I remember it becoming a running gag on some late night show or another, like they'd re-cut the trailer so that EVERY shot of Connery was him saying doing the "You're the man now, dog!" line, and then they'd run it into the ground. I still use it to this day...

Back in 1997 I had to endure this movie TWICE on both connecting flights back from my european vacation :S I hope to hear about Entrapment on an episode of HTDGM at some point in the future

• Like 1

I had a similar experience except from returning from Iceland in '98 except that I got to choose between Batman & Robin and Speed 2. I watched about 5 minutes of Batman & Robin until Clooney air surfed down from the batwing into the sky light of a wareshouse and said to Mr. Freeze "Hi Freeze, I'm Batman" and immediately switched over to Speed 2 and watched the rest of it.

I would never have watched Daredevil if not for a flight from Phoenix to London.

ย 

Airplane movies are a special kind of hell.

In May 1998, I flew to Saudi Arabia, and the movies we got were "Tomorrow Never Dies", "Flubber", "For Richer, For Poorer", and "Wag the Dog". Not the worst mix, but when I came home three months later, I was hoping for some stuff from the Spring that I might have missed, but instead, we got "As Good As It Gets" (which I love) followed by "For Richer, For Poorer", "Flubber", and "Tomorrow Never Dies". *sigh*

This is very much a guilty pleasure for me. I live in Singapore and for family vacations, we would often drive up to Kuala Lumpur, so seeing the Petronas Twin Towers in a Hollywood movie was something of a small thrill.

Sign in to follow this