Episode 127 — Luck

16 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,536 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Attention to all of our listeners who keep getting injured, we are positive that your luck is about to change for the better! Today we’re joined by writer/author Lara Schoenhals to share her journey on how she became the author of “White Girl Problems” with a stroke of luck. Avoid getting redneck crazy and instead listen to this episode!

#2 SeanCookSeanCook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Is it just me, or is Kyle making way more sense than everyone else in this episode?

#3 happyamosfun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationPortland, Or

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Lil Quilts!

#4 memichelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

“…her [the white girl in the book] voice came really naturally to me.” Really? I never would have guessed. My favorite parts were when the guys (AND GAL!) were talking over this chick. I can’t decide whether it is a compliment to those not included or incredibly racist to limit the represented position of privilege and trivial “problems” to only white girls.

But I have to agree that Kyle definitely had the best view of luck and made a lot of sense.

Lastly, poor, poor, Aaron.

#5 German

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

annoying guest. i know, free podcast.

#6 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Posthappyamosfun, on 22 October 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Nice! Everyone should zap straight 2 that site.

#7 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

i love kyle's accents and davids distaste for that terrible song.. i also really love aunt tig..

#8 The Beloved Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

"Luck is probability taken personally."
—Stephen Caver

#9 NotBettyWhite

Man In Hot Dog Suit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Brilliant episode! I was hoping there'd be a show regarding luck or superstition.

I am right with you David, that "Redneck Crazy" song is absolutely awful. I wish when I was mad, I could throw really light, empty beer cans at a shadow.

Love you guys!

#10 NotBettyWhite

Man In Hot Dog Suit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

Oh! What luck that I just listened to the "Happy Birthday Dan!" episode. And "Happy Birthday Dan!" originated on Episode 79 "Elections" around 1:12:00.

#11 GoofyMaleTwerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I feel bad that Kyle is taking everyone's hatred for Kurt Metzger personally. The reason I felt compelled to say something about that episode was because even though this show is FULL of misinformation, it's always with the intention to learn more about the subject or to be funny. Metzger was just being an unfunny doucebag. Kyle keeps comparing him to Archie Bunker. You weren't supposed to like Archie Bunker. He was an idiot that said stupid things. And usually, the things he said came back to him in a way that showed that his beliefs were unfounded. I think "shock humor" can be funny as well, but there has to be a point. Kyle, I think you're awesome. You interviewed the "comedian" that sits next to you in the writer's room. I'm not mad at you that it didn't go well.

p.s. the reason I didn't skip the episode was because YOU were on it. I was willing to endure some B.S. to keep hearing my sweetie's solo episode. Let's just never mention it again.....alright?

#12 GoofyMaleTwerk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Oh, and yelling at Aaron is the best thing ever.

#13 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Wow, Lake Bell should've been on to do the Vocal Fry episode right after this one. The guest was really hard to listen to. Luckily the hatch crew saved it.
Top Ten Punkys on the board

#14 Isaac Kozell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:33 AM

Lara Schoenhals is my new favorite Lauren Lapkus character. Looking forward to following her on her journey.
Tweeting on the regular @IsaacKozell and Tumbling occasionally right here.

#15 elephantgravy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostIsaac Kozell, on 25 October 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

Lara Schoenhals is my new favorite Lauren Lapkus character. Looking forward to following her on her journey.

"I feel different. I think I ... cummed?" - Todd.0

#16 stepituppa2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Love you guys. I know it's free content. This guest's vocal fry was unbearably annoying. Thankfully you all talked over her a lot. Very necessary.

#17 deafvox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'd love to.