🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 127 — Luck

Attention to all of our listeners who keep getting injured, we are positive that your luck is about to change for the better! Today we’re joined by writer/author Lara Schoenhals to share her journey on how she became the author of “White Girl Problems” with a stroke of luck. Avoid getting redneck crazy and instead listen to this episode!

• Like 1

“…her [the white girl in the book] voice came really naturally to me.” Really? I never would have guessed. My favorite parts were when the guys (AND GAL!) were talking over this chick. I can’t decide whether it is a compliment to those not included or incredibly racist to limit the represented position of privilege and trivial “problems” to only white girls.

But I have to agree that Kyle definitely had the best view of luck and made a lot of sense.

Lastly, poor, poor, Aaron.

i love kyle's accents and davids distaste for that terrible song.. i also really love aunt tig..

Brilliant episode! I was hoping there'd be a show regarding luck or superstition.

I am right with you David, that "Redneck Crazy" song is absolutely awful. I wish when I was mad, I could throw really light, empty beer cans at a shadow.

Love you guys!

Oh! What luck that I just listened to the "Happy Birthday Dan!" episode. And "Happy Birthday Dan!" originated on Episode 79 "Elections" around 1:12:00.

I feel bad that Kyle is taking everyone's hatred for Kurt Metzger personally. The reason I felt compelled to say something about that episode was because even though this show is FULL of misinformation, it's always with the intention to learn more about the subject or to be funny. Metzger was just being an unfunny doucebag. Kyle keeps comparing him to Archie Bunker. You weren't supposed to like Archie Bunker. He was an idiot that said stupid things. And usually, the things he said came back to him in a way that showed that his beliefs were unfounded. I think "shock humor" can be funny as well, but there has to be a point. Kyle, I think you're awesome. You interviewed the "comedian" that sits next to you in the writer's room. I'm not mad at you that it didn't go well.

p.s. the reason I didn't skip the episode was because YOU were on it. I was willing to endure some B.S. to keep hearing my sweetie's solo episode. Let's just never mention it again.....alright?

• Like 4

Oh, and yelling at Aaron is the best thing ever.

• Like 1

Wow, Lake Bell should've been on to do the Vocal Fry episode right after this one. The guest was really hard to listen to. Luckily the hatch crew saved it.

• Like 4

Lara Schoenhals is my new favorite Lauren Lapkus character. Looking forward to following her on her journey.

• Like 1

Lara Schoenhals is my new favorite Lauren Lapkus character. Looking forward to following her on her journey.

"I feel different. I think I ... cummed?" - Todd.0

• Like 1

Love you guys. I know it's free content. This guest's vocal fry was unbearably annoying. Thankfully you all talked over her a lot. Very necessary.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this