🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 3 — Donald Glover, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes discuss the well deserved buzz around Scarlett Johnson’s performance in the Spike Jonze’s “Her.” Then, DONALD GLOVER of Mystery Boys, Communion, and The Do Do List stops by to make a really big announcement and give some tips on how to recover from a tanking improv scene.

I think Sean was hinting he is a member of Daft Punk. Maybe we'll get a sclusi soon!

I hope so because I've been meaning to ask those two robot-doofuses something: Up all night to get what?! You can't just say "some" and hope everyone will know what you mean. I've listened the whole song through twice and they never say and nobody will tell me.

Was this the longest a guest has been on? Normally it's 2 parts Hayes and Sean on their own and then the guest rucks up in the 3rd act. I think he just showed up early and everyone felt bad for him sitting there in the lobby reading magazines. He was a good guest though, kept the scoop troop well fed. Who knew he was the Childlike Gambino all along?

• Like 1

just. be. truth.

words to live by from dong lover.

Hello, me again. I forgot to say that I really liked when Mr. Glover said "...reality shows" and Sean snorted in derision. It was a fun little easter-egg for all us old-timers from back in the RSS days, who know that actually Hayes+Sean like reality shows and think they're good.

Also, about the some super-fans are rating the show 1 on Itunes as a turbo-goof: it's fun and I totally get on all the levels, but also sad because I know how that effects the metrics which determine which p'casts Itune's will recommend. Since I want all my friends to listen to it but am too shy to tell them to, I decided to brave reviewing a podcast (yours) for the first time. Unfortunately, I forgot my AppleID login, then it turns out I'd forgotten my AppleID, and the email I'd used to register my AppleID. After I'd eventually gotten it all straightened out, I was so flustered that I rated the Handbook 1 because you're #1.

• Like 2

Guys I'm sorry but I have a couple complaints about today's show.

1.Too Scary

2.Too Long

I mean I know you guys just want to make us happy but I just can't listen for 40 minutes of nonstop scares and chills. I think you guys should cut it down to about 5 minutes or so.

• Like 4

This episode was a Number One Star episode times Five! As usual, thanks for saying my name on the show, Sean! And thanks for keeping my name out of your mouth, Hayes.

Still, part of me wonders how much moreincredible Childlike Giambi would have been on Gelmania (since their names share a G-to-G connection)...

• Like 1

You guys should host a hollywood handbook film festival of user submissions on the fb page. Some of the dudes on this forum are funny as hell and i'll bet they put something pretty solid together (i'm pointing at you, greggy). It might also serve as a good talking point for each week's guest. They could pitch different ideas or suggestions to the diy listeners at home--maybe even outline their own criteria for acceptable submissions...

Just cravin' more audience participation after I copped 5 minutes on this weeks popcorn gallery, thass all.

Great show.

You guys should host a hollywood handbook film festival of user submissions on the fb page. Some of the dudes on this forum are funny as hell and i'll bet they put something pretty solid together (i'm pointing at you, greggy).

Showshowbro, I think this is a great idea. A couple of years ago I did a short film based on the hit thriller 'black swan', called 'regular colored swan'. This sounds like the perfect forum to let some like minded bros watch eachothers work. Lets do it.

Also I haven't even listened to this episode yet, is it awesome?

do you guys like hallowen

I find it a little bit too scary. How about you, Mr. Davenportishead? Are you and Mr. Clementines going to some super exclusive (l33t) ha110w33n parties?

• Like 1

do you guys like hallowen

No. Too Scary. Actually though, don't like Halloween.

Also, Halloween isn't very big here in Seattle because everyone's super religious and uptight about that stuff.

• Like 2

reggy

i appreciate you saying my name in your post but as a scientolojist i am not supposed to appear on camera as it lets my thetons oput

good episode you 2, i liked that guy on it

• Like 1

Halloween is an alright time for me. Finally, I'm allowed to get dressed up as sexy as I want to be and then all the big bags of candy are on sale the day afterwards

• Like 1

Halloween is an alright time for me. Finally, I'm allowed to get dressed up as sexy as I want to be and then all the big bags of candy are on sale the day afterwards

That's some Hollywood insider shit right there.

• Like 2

We all know Halloween or Halloweird which is what I like to call it, is too scary. I personally never liked it though even as a child since I'm overweight and out of shape and even to get candy never wanted to walk the hilly roads of my neighborhood. I do kinda like dressing up though, but I'm not a sexy girl so no one cares :(

• Like 1

I do kinda like dressing up though, but I'm not a sexy girl so no one cares :(

This statement was a downer and it breaks my heart to hear you express those kinds of thoughts. Cheer up you gloomy Gus! Sometimes the best costumes are the ones that only you and a small group of friends really understand.

Can I suggest you try going as "Jeopardy Contest #3" this year?

HayesDavenport.jpg

• Like 2

As if I could pull that off! I wish I could find that episode somewhere, I bet Hayes could beat Kip Johnings at it.

Hey Hollywood Handbookers,

I'm thinking about changing my forum name. Naturally, this leads to an important metafictional postmodern question. Having already built up a brand around this name, will my new name still be spoken on the show?

• Like 1

I think you'll be ok as long as you have the same picture or make a signature saying who you are, and you'll be fine.

Side note, I kinda wanna do a joke but I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way. I was gonna write a fan fiction for Hayes and Sean but I don't want anyone to think its serious.

• Like 1

Sometimes, even jokes can make everyone uncomfortable.

Every time someone says this a terrorist gets its wings and a baby bald eagle dies.

• Like 2