🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 170.5 — Sklarbro County 75

Some much needed lady energy is in the building as fellow podcaster Alison Rosen (Alison Rosen Is Your New Best Friend, The Adam Carolla Show) makes her way to the County! Alison tells us about how she became co-host of The Adam Carolla Show, her wish to give birth to a puppy, and the one time Penn Jillette had blood coming out of his ear. Things get weird as Daniel Van Kirk brings us the crazy stories once again which include a 47 year old man by the name of Garry Matthews who would like to live as “Boomer The Dog,” a stripper who won’t keep her clothes on, and a German student who attacked the Hell’s Angels with a puppy. Later, Steven Seagal stops by the studio to make Chris Brown an offer. Make sure to check out Daniel Van Kirk’s NFL column over at cover32.com! Don’t forget to get your tickets for the Sklar Bros visits to St. Louis, MO on Friday, November 8th and their one-hour special tapings at the Majestic Theatre in Madison, WI. Also, the LIVE from LA Podfest 2013 episode of Sklarbro Country with special guests Phil Hendrie, Dennis Rodman, and Mark Wahlberg is now available in the Earwolf store!

Instead of "Highway to Heaven" with a dog, "Here's Boomer" sounded like "The Littlest Hobo" to me. I looked up the trailer on YouTube, and it was in English, so I think they were watching some German export version. Also, it had this comment, from three years ago: "I cannot watch this anymore without thinking of some creepy man/woman covering itself in shredded toilet paper and making barking noises in public." So is this an old story?

Thank you for having Alison Rosen on the County. Not only is she one of the best and most charming ladies ever on any podcast, she's smart, witty and can totally hang with the boys with a good riff. I've been a Carolla fan since he started his pirate ship 4 years ago and Alison is a huge part of that success.

Please have her on the Country in a future episode.

So, is it "County" or "Country"?

I think I know the answer...

Looking forward to this episode. Alison Rosen is good people. Exceeded expectations in filling Teresa Strasser's shoes at the Adam Carolla Show.

With both the Boomer the Dog story and the Hell's Angels student in Germany suffering from depression, I wonder how many of these County stories actually stem from, you know, legitimate mental illness? I mean, if Boomer the Dog is a schizophrenic or is suffering from delusions that require medication that he cannot afford, does it stop being funny and become just sad?

Sign in to follow this