🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 48 — Priest of Judas

Brian is back and this time he means business. Creeping out of the shadows is Damien Wormwood Darkomen, a mysterious being from Melevania. Will he help our heroes in their quest to finally capture the old necromancer? Or does he have other intentions? Tune in to find out! Also, a new friend drops by!

Well, now the world has the expirence of someone bringing a random buddy to a D&D game. It worked out about how it always does. I appreciate the effort though, Blaine and Ken...come back soon.

• Like 3

Dave Anthony rules so hard. Very funny person to bring in as a special guest.

Dave Anthony: "You didn't decide to do a man character?"

Sarah: "I generally play women"

Davey Anthony: "Do they die a lot?"

Still got a good way to go. Should be an awesome episode.

• Like 2

I dread when a new person comes into a game, especially those who haven't played before. On the one hand it's nice that someone is taking an interest,on the other I just want to play the fricken game already! Anyway for a first timer fill-in he was pretty good with a "let's get this done" attitude.

Putting on the robe was funny, but "Need before Greed", dude.

And as far as stoners go, the stoners were the ones that played D&D in my school. It was one of the reasons why I wasn't able to play, I wasn't a stoner.

as someone who has never played before (but totally wants to and am still trying to find a game in my area), i'm disappointed to hear that typical "dread" of a new player coming from an experienced player. but all of that being said, I thought DA was awesome, and pretty inspiring to someone who hasn't played before!

sark had a good point in that anyone who is familiar with playing video games should also be familiar with the basic structure of D&D. i could see that.

for a podcast, and for the pace of the game, the amount of players on NP is probably ideal. there's not much room to add more people, i get it. but i would totally enjoy having him coming back with his own character!

Getting to hear a little bit of Sir Richard's backstory was awesome, although now I really want to know whether his... less than scrupulous past is reflected in his stats at all besides that one thing that came up today.

• Like 2

I'm torn between being somewhat delighted at how reckless Dave is playing Bart and being worried that he's going to get them killed. It was a fun listen either way.

Bringing in the new guy was funny and it felt like every time I attempt to get people to listen to Nerd Poker.

"So they were abducted and then they went to a water world and then a cloud city with gasbags and now they are in a death tower on a planet made of skulls" yeah, sounds legitimate to me.

At first I also was apprehensive at the idea of someone new invading the basement, but I think Anthony turned out fine - he didn't try to do too much, just let things happen and interjected now and then. He was fun.

Nice little reveal on Sir Richard, btw. It's the kind of detail that really fleshes out a character (or in this case, it also de-fleshed him slightly).

Please can we have a full list of all of Gerry's character's deaths? 't Is Hallowe'en, after all..

• Like 3

I'm torn between being somewhat delighted at how reckless Dave is playing Bart and being worried that he's going to get them killed. It was a fun listen either way.

I think it was nice to see Bart be more agressive. Dude is a Dragonborn for cripes sake, he should be more bold. I played a Dragonborn Pally and while not as large or strong as a Giant, they can really hold their own.

• Like 1

Nice little reveal on Sir Richard, btw. It's the kind of detail that really fleshes out a character (or in this case, it also de-fleshed him slightly).

what strikes me as funny about this is that if you remember back to sir Richard's introduction (which was also one of the best moments of the show), he offers to explain his missing hand but none of the rest of the group care. I think brian spoke for the rest of the group when he straight up declined to hear the backstory of his missing hand. and here we are, some 25 episodes later, and we're just now discovering why he is missing a hand... WE discovered it. the listeners. the crew in the game still don't know, and probably don't care..!

• Like 3

Yayy Dave ! I've been slipping on my Nerd Poker episodes but I'm a big fan of his so I've got to jump ahead a little bit.

Dave Anthony was great. I feel like there is an in here for him to get hooked on D&D!

its always rough having a new guy show up is sometimes irritating, but always fun if they are serious about gaming.

What know we of Bart's stand-in handler?

Is he psycho? A drunkard? A gambler?

Yes, the weak he defends,

But if this show were Friends,

I'm pretty sure he would be Chandler.

• Like 1

This was the BEST episode in a longass time. Listening to the group try to explain the game & plot was fucking hilarious and Dave killed it. Awesome!

• Like 1

So at the end of this episode, Brian said there was a storewide sale and the D20 shirts were 25% off, and you could use the code "STARGOYLE" to get another 25% off. By my math, that makes shirts $10 (plus shipping) (or a still-great $12.25 if the second 25% is off the discounted price of $15) so I got all excited and checked (a couple times now), and they're still listed at $20 (I didn't try the coupon). I know $20's really not so much to ask, but don't tease me like that. : )

I guess what I'm saying, is can someone confirm if there's a price drop coming, because I'll be bummed if I break down and buy one with just the coupon then they go on sale, too.

Love the show, keep it up, don't change a thing.

Also, I've just noticed something… as we all know, they record two episodes at a time. When Sark puts a cliffhanger at the end of a session (the second show of the night) Brian whines like a baby, but if one falls at the midpoint of a session (end of the first episode of the night), Brian's the first one to shout "let's wrap it" because he loves the idea of a cliffhanger for the audience, so long as he doesn't have to wait, ha.

• Like 4

Also, I've just noticed something… as we all know, they record two episodes at a time. When Sark puts a cliffhanger at the end of a session (the second show of the night) Brian whines like a baby, but if one falls at the midpoint of a session (end of the first episode of the night), Brian's the first one to shout "let's wrap it" because he loves the idea of a cliffhanger for the audience, so long as he doesn't have to wait, ha.

A Brilliant point my friend.

I have not noticed that before, but now that you mention it..

HAHAHAHA I hadn't even thought about this.

sark had a good point in that anyone who is familiar with playing video games should also be familiar with the basic structure of D&D. i could see that.

As videogamers are introduced to D&D they are usually surprised at how many pen & paper mechanics have been assimilated by their digital cousins! Playing Final Fantasy you can practically hear the dice rolling, and even with first person RPG's like Skyrim, it feels like you're playing classic adventure modules. I still love these games, but their roots are firmly in tabletop gaming. :)

That son of a bitch.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this