🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 61 — Well, you're a Germ

Los Angeles Punk rock legend Don Bolles joins Jake to talk about some insane LA Punk rock history from The Screamers to The Weirdos. They’ll get into the origin of Don’s name, how Don moved from Arizona to audition for The Germs, living at the Canterbury apartments with Black Randy, The Source Family, the death of Peter Ivers, and why Don was arrested with a bottle of Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap. If you want to learn more about Darby Crash and the Germs, grab yourself a copy of Lexicon Devil: The Fast Times and Short Life of Darby Crash and the Germs. As always, check out all the videos over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles!

I like the direction the show is going, it seems like its heading is doing more music/Hollywood interviews spliced with some found footage and such. It kinda reminds me of that old show "This Is Your Life" because of the clips and shit. Anyway, I'm into it. Thanks Jake!

I got mugged outside the Canterbury apartments (or in the proximity of...) years ago. I was coming out of Michelli's one night after meeting some friends, walking to where I parked and some dude walked up to me, pulled out a pistol and said 'gimme your wallet' Just gave him the wallet and he took off.

So Don Bolles' tales are pretty much true. Great episode, Jake.... solid.

Jake, are you a fan of the Eyeliners? They're from Albuquerque, I believe. I saw them on the 7th stage at a Warped Tour about 10 years ago in Barrie, Ont. They seem like they'd be right up your alley.

Sign in to follow this