Episode 253 — Fieri Fight

91 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Titans of comedy Tim Heidecker and a newly Twitter verified Jon Daly are back on today's Comedy Bang! Bang! Unfortunately their friendship quickly hits the danger zone when they have conflicting opinions on Guy Fieri. Will the #230PST bros be able to overcome the bump in the road that is their friendship? You’ll have to tune in to find out!

#2 ellieanglin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

Oooooh boy!!!! 3 fave buddies casting it up!!!!

#3 slothborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

Ooh, Scott is thanking the forum.

#4 Foltaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

I genuinely can't remember an episode this year which hasn't been great and now there's one with my favourite guest. I want to host a glitzy awards night and give all the prizes to Earwolf.

#5 johnnyhaggis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

WHAT????? Bill Cosby Bukowski is secretly JON DALY??? What the fuck????

That doesn't make any sense - what's going on people???

Or wait, it's a comedy show, they're just kidding - right? ):

#6 thevoblex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

don jaly is in godfather 4

#7 Geordie McGrath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:07 AM

God dammit I love Jon Daly and Tim Heidecker...

Also, maybe it's just me, but for me, I've absolutely loved the last three episodes we've had (including this one), particularly the Halloween episode.

Everyone has been on the absolute ball, sure Suicide house would have been good too, but what we got was incredible!

#8 Foltaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Five minutes in, I'm already crying with laughter. 'At-eam'.

#9 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:17 AM

Yesssssssssssss!!!!!!

#10 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

Audible Tic-Tac-Toe games coming to Earwolf hopefully?

#11 Chaz_Steadyfist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:43 AM

Damn one takedown after another. Scott takes down the forums! Jon Daly takes down Guy Fieri! Best pair of takedowns since the last episode of mash.

#12 AJ Valliant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

View Postslothborn, on 04 November 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

Ooh, Scott is thanking the forum.

[media][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSy5mEcmgwU&feature=player_embedded#[/media]![/media]

While I do greatly enjoy and appreciate this podcast Scott did seem a tad sensitive to a two episode blip of negative reaction in a otherwise huge sea of glowing praise for the podcast. Sometimes, free or not, people will dislike artistic output and express that dislike. That's the nature of public art: would he prefer blind uncritical praise disconnected from the end product?

Again, I love the podcast and have supported the live shows, but as long as the critique is respectfully articulated I don't think something being free makes it immune to comment....nor do I think that kind of uncritical feedback is helpful or gratifying to the artist involved.

#13 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

This has made my week instantly and infinitely better plus a bonus too fuck thanks sooo much!

#14 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

It's awesome when the only times the forums are recongized is for their negativity.
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#15 Bruce Reid Robinson II

Over-educated and under-employed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationChecking out the beavs in Corvallis

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostRobotsPajamas, on 04 November 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

It's awesome when the only times the forums are recongized is for their negativity.

That's not really true. The catchphrases come from the forum every week. Also, shows like Nerd Poker, Whooch, and HDTGM interact with their forums. I4H and Fogelnest Files have forum user videos....

Earwolf has a good forum. #nonet

#16 Picklefucker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostAJ Valliant, on 04 November 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

While I do greatly enjoy and appreciate this podcast Scott did seem a tad sensitive to a two episode blip of negative reaction in a otherwise huge sea of glowing praise for the podcast. Sometimes, free or not, people will dislike artistic output and express that dislike. That's the nature of public art: would he prefer blind uncritical praise disconnected from the end product?

Again, I love the podcast and have supported the live shows, but as long as the critique is respectfully articulated I don't think something being free makes it immune to comment....nor do I think that kind of uncritical feedback is helpful or gratifying to the artist involved.

Criticism is fine, but the people who think Scott owes them "better" episodes of a free podcast aren't exactly being fair. Saying "This episode sucked because I hate Pete Holmes," or "This should have been a Suicide House episode" isn't constructive. Also, I don't see why "uncritical praise" has to be blind. Yes, I'm sure Scott would prefer positive reactions, but why would that be "disconnected from the end product"?

#17 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostPicklefucker, on 04 November 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

Criticism is fine, but the people who think Scott owes them "better" episodes of a free podcast aren't exactly being fair. Saying "This episode sucked because I hate Pete Holmes," or "This should have been a Suicide House episode" isn't constructive. Also, I don't see why "uncritical praise" has to be blind. Yes, I'm sure Scott would prefer positive reactions, but why would that be "disconnected from the end product"?

Exactly. There WAS some legitimate criticism in the threads for those episodes, but IMO the majority of the negative comments were not actually constructive. There was a lot of whining about the shows not being exactly what each listener wanted.

I also think the larger amount of negative feedback overall this year is due to the show becoming more high profile. CBB is reaching much bigger audience due to the TV show. Look at any other show, band, movie. A rise in popularity also leads to a rise in internet complaining about said show/band/movie.

#18 DubipR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

Perfect way to start my Monday morning here at work!

Thanks Earwolf...

#19 MrWompler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationIn a shed in Castaic

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

I was watching last weeks CBBTV ep this morning, which had a last episode of M*A*S*H reference, so when they started talking about M*A*S*H on the podcast I lost it
tumble over here || tweet over there

#20 Cameronm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

As someone who enjoyed the Halloween Episode (wasn't crazy about Petes) I loved Scotts intro about the forums. I thought it was hilarious.