🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 253 — Fieri Fight

Not to brag but I could tell it was just a joke before they even said so

excited-adventure-time.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a genius in our midst!

• Like 2

Holy shit, Tim's Frosty the Snowman at the end.

Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a genius in our midst!

I was joking (I thought it was real)

haha, I hadn't followed the forums for the last few episodes, so I had no idea that Scott was being sarcastic or that people had been giving negative feedback - I thought he was being sincere and having a heartfelt moment and giving love to the forum!

My favourite is when people give angry comments on pirate bay - like "come on people step it up, the quality of this illegal screener is totally unaceptable!"

Ugh TIm Heidecker. I guess I'm the only one, but I don't get him. His whole schtick is that he's not into things? How's that funny on an improv show? "No, but...I'm boring" is his style of comedy. Can't go wrong with one of the Daly's though.

I'll listen to it, but watch yourself counselor!

• Like 1

I don't know why people would post anything but positive comments. If you don't like a particular episode don't click on the topic. I say the lack of positive comments is good enough instead of any criticism. It's crazy people shit on other peoples hard work on their own website.

The Halloween ep was perhaps my episode of the year. And the general consensus is that this is the best year for CBB ever. The only reason there was even a small amount of dissent is because

A. Pete Holmes is divisive

B. Bret Gelman wasn't in the Halloween ep.

But even with that, everyone loved Gabrus and the Halloween ep went down a treat!

That's it, really. CBB is perhaps my favorite piece of entertainment in the world. It saddens me that Scott would be so bummed by the reaction to two episodes when the entire year has clearly been an absolute smash. We love Scott and all that he does. And on top of having a consistently brilliant podcast he's had the best TV Comedy of the year.

• Like 1

I don't know why people would post anything but positive comments. If you don't like a particular episode don't click on the topic. I say the lack of positive comments is good enough instead of any criticism. It's crazy people shit on other peoples hard work on their own website.

I think it is perfectly acceptable to not like a specific episode. I just think it needs to be done in a constructive way. Like "I wasn't crazy about this episode for reasons A, B and C" and not "This show was stupid, I hate so and so!" or "This wasn't exactly the same as last year so I hate it!"

People who surround themselves by yes men who only approve of what they do usually don't last long. It is important to take critique and wonder what your true fans really think.

Guys, Scott doesn't want your constructive criticism. He's gone on record about it multiple times in the past. Go listen to the first segment of Ep. 37 with Todd Glass, where they really get into this topic. He says that the reason he puts this show out for free every single week is so that he can do whatever he wants.

"Whatever he wants" may not always intersect with what we, the fans, might want, and that's fine. What I think makes this show so special is its willingness to experiment, and its refusal to rest on its laurels. Even when the experiments aren't smashing successes (though they often are), they are never less than entertaining.

Just enjoy the ride, everyone.

• Like 1

As much as I like comedy analysis, there's really not much "constructive criticism" you can give to an improvised podcast. I'm not saying people shouldn't ever do it, but what can anyone really offer? It's improv, there's a chance it's going to fail occasionally. If there's a character or guest you don't like, well not to worry because they might not be on again for a while, if ever. It's not a scripted show where you can talk about pacing issues or character motivations being unbelievable.

• Like 1

Listen guys, I know that it's meta that we're giving criticism about a podcast that sarcastically complimented our criticism and was actually in and of itself an entire meta episode about meta constructive criticism of podcasts and comedy and comedy podcasts but I don't want this to be a forum where we just talk about the criticism of the episode and the criticism of the criticism of the episode and not the episode itself you know?

• Like 4

After 250 episodes I'm sure scott knows if the show went well. I just think if a topic has 50 replies compared to one with 10 replies, assuming we're posting positive comments, everybody will know if the episode was well liked. It usually boils down to the guest so don't insult the guest with "constructive criticism", yeah I know they probably won't see it.

No grammar police, I swear to drunk I'm not god

• Like 2

Everybody, let's stop squabbling about the forums, and focus on what's important: Guy Fieri sucks. I wouldn't piss on him if his hair was on fire. Whenever i see him, I start thinking that his hair might actually be on fire. It really does look like it's on fire sometimes. But I'm not gonna be fooled by Guy Fieri's attempts to get me to piss on him, because you just KNOW he's into that kind of thing. I wouldn't even piss on him if he was on my LAWN and his hair was on fire!!

(I think Guy Fieri is on my lawn right now. I'm peeking out my window, and I'm pretty sure that's him. Can somebody please tell Guy Fieri to get off my lawn? I'm scared of him).

I HAVE A BEEF WHERE WAS THE FUCKING TIC TAC TOE OUTRO?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1

Here's some constructive criticism - Scott should give me a chance to recover from laughing at "shocking disc jockey" before he makes me start laughing at "cheesed off".

• Like 2

Everybody, let's stop squabbling about the forums, and focus on what's important: Guy Fieri sucks.

One time, he pooped in a hallway. (allegedly)

• Like 6

Uh, a little too many goofs this episode. Scott and his guests just needs to take a more reverent approach towards comedy, in my opinion.

Scott and his guests just needs to take a more reverent approach towards comedy, in my opinion.

a more reverent approach towards comedy

This shit is hilarious.

• Like 1

loved this episode. so glad tim and jon were able to hatch things out. after tim disappeared from #230PST, i started to think things were on the rocks between these two pals.

there was an utter lack of wasabi peas being crunched in my ears this episode. does that count as a critique?

Guys, Scott doesn't want your constructive criticism. He's gone on record about it multiple times in the past. Go listen to the first segment of Ep. 37 with Todd Glass, where they really get into this topic. He says that the reason he puts this show out for free every single week is so that he can do whatever he wants.

"Whatever he wants" may not always intersect with what we, the fans, might want, and that's fine. What I think makes this show so special is its willingness to experiment, and its refusal to rest on its laurels. Even when the experiments aren't smashing successes (though they often are), they are never less than entertaining.

Just enjoy the ride, everyone.

Gonna try to give my potentially unwanted two cents without getting off on a rant.

A major appeal of this show is that its creators and guests have artistic integrity. However, it is unfair to possess integrity, put out what you want to put out, and then complain or refuse to acknowledge whatever response comes from your work. Work which is completely liberated and probably liberating as well.

If the response from the forum, or any form of social media, was unwanted, then it would be ignored completely. It's not. It's clear that the folks at Earwolf love and appreciate positive response.

Nobody can please everyone all the time. Maybe it's best to follow the adage of not saying anything at all unless you have something nice to say; but I enjoy being able to like and dislike Earwolf's shows in equal measure, and not feel inhibited.

From the opposite perspective, of marketing, which can not always afford complete artistic freedom, all feedback is useful.

• Like 2