🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
egoplant

"... and scene"

Do you guys prefer the "and scene" or the sudden cut to music at the end of a scene? For some reason it always sounds very awkward when it's a sudden cut to music, but maybe that's just because I started watching them on youtube first which are unedited. Maybe I'm the only one though.

I think for audio I like the cut to music. My mind is already going crazy trying to visualize the scene, so I like it to not break the 4th wall. But for video I like the direction.

My heart wants to like "and scene" but my mind tells me that the fast cut to music, and then a fast cut to them talking about the next thing is just more effective. Much like the battles over potato chips and personal relationships, my heart loses again!

My favorite scene is with Zach Woods, Charlie Sanders, and Colton Dunn, which ends with Matt as a policeman following Dunn into the woods and a bear demanding that Dunn be arrested ("Ima fuck you with this pole!"). In it, the music is introduced and slowly rises DURING the scene until it hits the end, at which point the vocals peak. The way it times out is just perfect.

A big reason of why I love it (besides the fact that the scene is just fall-over hilarious) is because of the use of the building music underneat the dialogue. It happens rarely, but I really like when they do that; partly because the timing and usage of the songs are great, but also because it kind of prepares me that an awesome closing line or joke is coming up.

• Like 3

My favorite scene is with Zach Woods, Charlie Sanders, and Colton Dunn, which ends with Matt as a policeman following Dunn into the woods and a bear demanding that Dunn be arrested ("Ima fuck you with this pole!"). In it, the music is introduced and slowly rises DURING the scene until it hits the end, at which point the vocals peak. The way it times out is just perfect.

A big reason of why I love it (besides the fact that the scene is just fall-over hilarious) is because of the use of the building music underneat the dialogue. It happens rarely, but I really like when they do that; partly because the timing and usage of the songs are great, but also because it kind of prepares me that an awesome closing line or joke is coming up.

For sure. The music fade-in is the best of both worlds.

Sign in to follow this