🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 49 — Battle Bot

Last time we met with our adventurers they were trapped on a ship which was slowly tumbling toward the sun after finding the old necromancer’s bed chambers. To make matters worse, they accidentally activated a giant clockwork guard as they scoured the room. Will Dave Anthony be able to help them defeat this bot? You’ll have to tune in to find out! Plus, the gang goes down memory lane as they talk about their Halo LAN party days!

score one for us Night shift workers.

Plus since i work at LAX the internet updated me first since im closest....

Is there no mp3 download option anymore or am i blind?

There are a few, actually! On the episode page, http://www.earwolf.c...ode/battle-bot/ you can find them (circled below):

npscreenie.jpg

Also from the homepage, you can click the "down-facing arrow" underneath the show logo to download.

Ahh I don't see those, must be a browser issue

f9b2OGs.jpg

(Edit) my mistake you have to click the text that says Battle Bot and then it brings up the "Hear the episode" page with the download links.

A good point though, why no download button on that show page too? I will add one today!

That's democracy in action, I think.

• Like 7

Man, I really would like if Dave A. joined the group. He's great.

Also, Brian's new character is amazing. Great role playing, love how he's trying to keep what he's doing secret. That would be sure to drive mistrust between the party even when he's doing "good" things with his prayers.

Re Deadpool: If you're a fan of the show, pick it up. It's great stuff.

• Like 2

Also, Brian's new character is amazing. Great role playing, love how he's trying to keep what he's doing secret. That would be sure to drive mistrust between the party even when he's doing "good" things with his prayers.

I want to just "quietly" walk out of the room the way Brian does when I'm at work.

Excellent episode! Again, Dave Anthony brings some serious comedy. Whoever's out doing something, Dave should come in and play said character. The 'wearing the cape and nothing else, while strutting around and giving you the wink' bit.... I so lost my shit at work.

And LA Nerd Poker Listeners, if you don't know, Brian and Gerry will be doing a signing for the re-release of The Last Christmas down at The Comic Bug (my LCS) on December 4th. Check out www.thecomicbug.com or their Facebook page for information.

-R

• Like 1

Knowing Dave from so many episodes of Walking The Room, he probably would never agree to actually become a regular on the group, but they could certainly use a rogue in their party, and I think he was having fun. He must've been a little curious to agree to Brian's invite in the first place. Plus, with DA and Blaine in on the same game, there would be a lot of funny going in that room.

• Like 2

If this ended just after Halo/Mexicutioner story I still would have walked away a happy man. These guys are absolutely my theroretical friends.

• Like 6

Really loved the Halo stories, I do miss those 'shit we used to do' segments. I also miss the jingle.

• Like 1

Not sure Sark or the cast actually read this forum and it's been ten years since I last played a caster in 2nd ed. but I'm almost sure that the casting time in the player HB is in round segments (in second a round is broken into 10 segments for casting) unless it specifically says a # of rounds.

Since the eps. are pre-recorded and for all I know this band of merry fools has flown right into the middle of the sun and are re-rolling new chars. but if anyone see this from the cast have Sark or Brian please check this out in the 2nd ed. players handbook but I'm almost positive that a casting time of 5 means you start casting at your initiative and then 5 initiative slots later that round the spell goes off. It lets casters get interrupted if hit during that portion of the round they are casting but it is not 5 rounds to cast a cure light wounds, that I can almost guarantee. Damien is getting cheated out of his bad ass spelliness!

• Like 3

everything in this post. the latest Deadpool story arc & art are awesome.

Not sure Sark or the cast actually read this forum and it's been ten years since I last played a caster in 2nd ed. but I'm almost sure that the casting time in the player HB is in round segments (in second a round is broken into 10 segments for casting) unless it specifically says a # of rounds.

Since the eps. are pre-recorded and for all I know this band of merry fools has flown right into the middle of the sun and are re-rolling new chars. but if anyone see this from the cast have Sark or Brian please check this out in the 2nd ed. players handbook but I'm almost positive that a casting time of 5 means you start casting at your initiative and then 5 initiative slots later that round the spell goes off. It lets casters get interrupted if hit during that portion of the round they are casting but it is not 5 rounds to cast a cure light wounds, that I can almost guarantee. Damien is getting cheated out of his bad ass spelliness!

As a Wizard myself, i cannot believe i overlooked this..

Good catch man

everything in this post. the latest Deadpool story arc & art are awesome.

First, another awesome episode. Glad you got two sessions out of the guest, Dave. I also agree... When I finished Deadpool #18 I thought, man they just ratcheted this up a notch! I can't wait to read the end of this arc. I hope they're doing another retro book in between! If anything, NerdPoker fans, check those out. They are fun. Marvel Now Deadpool #7 and #13.

A robot might make the pulse quicken

But not flee the room, terror-stricken.

Our priest seemed so surly,

Yet his screams are quite girly--

What, is Judas the God of the Chicken?

If you haven't listened to Walking the Room #174 where Brian cohosts with Dave Anthony, do yourself a favor and do. They're great together.

• Like 1

This was a very fun episode. October is a very busy month so I finally got to listen to 4 to 5 hours of bp&f. I miss the flashbacks but maybe it's too much of a hassle to set one up every hour of playing. This episodes start helped make up for the waiting/hoping.

I was pretty concerned when Brian got to taste his toes with the help of landing on some railing. But Damien really brings a different but fun new aspect. Dave was messing with Brian's kool-aid, it was fun but I hope Brian gets role-playing in full gear again. I would like to see him live long enough to get familiar with spells.