🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
UltimateOutsider

Scientology book mentioned in a Fogelnest Files episode?

A few weeks ago I remember listening to a Fogelnest Files episode where one of the clips was some cheesy network TV special with a lot of celebrities on it. I'm thinking it was from the 70s, but could have been the 80s?

The guest at the time was actually familiar with the special because he said it had been orchestrated by the Church of Scientology, and there were Scientology plants mixed in with the celebrities to help spread the word.

The guest mentioned the whole thing was described in a book about The Church, but considering that I cannot remember the name of the guest, the episode, or the specific clip, I have no idea which book he was talking about.

Does any of this ring a bell? (Amazon wishlist time.)

The big Scientology book everyone has been talking about this year is called "Going Clear." It's supposed to be great. Also, think you're talking about the Robert Evans "Get High On Yourself" TV special.

The big Scientology book everyone has been talking about this year is called "Going Clear." It's supposed to be great. Also, think you're talking about the Robert Evans "Get High On Yourself" TV special.

Double thanks. That was the clip I was thinking of, and you gave me enough info to piece together that the specific book I was looking for is Janet Reitman's Inside Scientology (the special is mentioned in this article about the author). But Going Clear sounds fascinating as well. Wishlisted.