🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 6 — Paul Rust, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes reveal the real next gen power players of the biz by going through their list of 15 Under 15 Hollywood Up and Comers. Then they educate listeners on what role each 10 Percentary brings to the table during 10 Percentary Elementary. Finally, PAUL RUST does us a solid by dropping by to reminisce about his famous flash mobs, tells us how he stays connected to the world outside of his funny glasses, performs some of his KTLA 5 10 Second Movie Reviews, speaks on working with Quentin Tarankillam on Inglourious Bees, and shares an embarrassing Hollywood moment while answering hard hitting questions from the Popcorn Gallery.

• Like 1

IMG_2137.jpg

This picture had to be extremely large because it had to fit all the fucking professionalism Hayes literally brings to the table.

Sounds like I got a B from Paul, which is nice because I don't need an A. A's are for over A-chievers.

• Like 6

Using the word "epic" making it onto the 15 Under 15 list = EPIC WIN

Being as good a podcast as Gelmania = EPIC OK

Paul Rust = EPIC FAILURE AT A FAIL, THUS AN EPIC WIN

• Like 7

You guys, could you imagine a Hollywood Handbook Jr. starring Grace Davenport and Cranston Clements (the best of the Clem Crew)?? I'm imagining the show now and it's a whole mess of fun.

• Like 5

Is there anyone cooler or more successful in Hollywood than Hayes and Sean? Ahh that was a rhetorical question we all know there isn't. Another great episode, but remember all those years ago when we barely got to hot status on the forums, those were some crazy times.

• Like 3

Richly deserved kudos to you both for conducting an interview with Paul Rust that didn't just hit all the obvious questions about It's Forty, I Love This Man, and The Object Of My Affection.

Further kudos to you for stopping the show when it started to get a little too blue, even though it meant you didn't get to my question about if dogs have clits.

Keep up the good work

• Like 2

That story about Dame Helen Mirren got me rock hard.

I think I'm going to pop in my copy of the Whoopi Goldberg vehicle 'Eddie' after listening to this.

• Like 1

i'm in New York City this week guys. If I can make it here, I'm doing a great job. its cold today though.

• Like 1

i'm in New York City this week guys. If I can make it here, I'm doing a great job. its cold today though.

Yeah, then you can move to LA, where the real artists and musicians and cultural elite live. I mean if they don't live in LA, then they're pretty much shit and worthy of nothing but contempt.

...At least that's what Antonio Villaraigosa told me. Or was it his mistress? Maybe it was former Mayor of Newark, Senator Cory Booker. I swear it was some former mayor of a city that isn't Seattle, because none of them would know anything about culture or art because there isn't any here, so please don't move here. Oh, now I remember, it was was former mayor of Portland, Sam Adams. He says LA is great and that you should move there, especially if you want to be famous or live with other "chilled out bros" and such. Living in Seattle or Portland is a lot of work. You wouldn't like it. It rains a lot here. Trust me. Especially if you're from California. It's especially bad if you're from California. You'd be better off moving to Austin or Tucson or Denver. I hear Denver is nice. Move there. But Seattle sucks. Don't move here. It's terrible. It rains. Don't do it.

...Oh, but please come here and visit us. It's nice for several days in the summer. Alaska is nearby, you should stop by on the way. And spend money. As much as you can. But then leave. Yes. You wouldn't want to stay. It's terrible if you stay. Believe me. No good if you stay. Wonderful to visit. Lots of opportunities to spend money. Please spend your money. But don't stay. Go home. It's sunny there. You'll miss it. But remember that Seattle wants your money and that you can come here and spend it whenever you like. Please do that. We love your money. It pays for our culturally deprived roads and transit and museums and schools and universities and research institutes and hospitals and symphony orchestras and organic food stores and craft breweries and national parks and airports and art galleries and live music venues and theatres and performing arts centers. All of which lack culture. Because there isn't any here. But if you spend as much money as possible. We might someday be able to get some. But only if you come here, spend, then leave immediately. So please do that.

XOXO Seattle Chamber of Commerce

• Like 3

How old are Sean and Hayes? Have they been in Hollywood for as long as there was a Hollywood? Are they immortal? They were established enough to give Lou Reed advice before he formed The Velvet Underground, and they alluded to the fact that they've been aged out of the 35 under 35 a long time ago. I'm just wondering if they have any Fatty Arbuckle stories to share.

• Like 1

Sean and Hayes are ageless. They have always been and will always be. They simply are. They refuse to be measured by your short anthropocentric scale of time.

• Like 1

Alright, so, elephant in the room. Paul Rust was very funny this week but I think most of us Handbookers will want to discuss how past guest Adam Pally's character on The Mimby Project was killed off in the final act.

Apparently he was using his lady doctor talents to steal and sell leftover lady parts? They didn't say specifically which ones, and admittedly I'm not really up-to-date on which lady parts are which nowadays, but the tone suggested it was really bad. Mimby was able to wrestle the bag of evidence away from him but in the scuffle he fell onto the electrified subway tracks.

A good episode with a lot of good story in it. Still, cliffhanger ONCE AGAIN cause we don't know who Mimby is going to date next!

Hey guys. Thanks for addressing my question during this weeks popcorn gallery. I wish I could say nothing but good things about the show this week but I think we as fans need to address some of the language used at the end of the show.

First, am I going to use your advice about twitter.com? Yes.

Is it already working for me? Yes. I'm already making stacks on stacks and for this I and my family (and my kids orthodontist :P) thank you.

However I think you needs to understand that when us fans send in questions to the popcorn gallery it's a huge deal for us. I had my entire family over last night to sit around and listen just in case you guys were going to help me in my career in entertainment...and then as we are sitting in the afterglow of your advice that's when Pault Rush and Sean starting talking so terribly nasty.

Hayes, thank you for keeping your composure and ending the show.

Now I am positive an apology will be coming this Tuesday but unfortunately none of them are going to hear it as they all now refuse to listen to the show. So my question is this, could you guys (for the fans) make it a point of stopping by TMZ, Hollywood Edition or The Today and publicly apologize? Hayes I know you are hella busy with your own projects so maybe Sean could do us a solid and clean up this mess.

Also, how do I make my dramas have more actions without going too far?

Thank you guys

• Like 4

Lots to get through today, so let's begin.

I loved hearing about your children. I feel like your personal lives are too often left personal and I don't like that at all. Hayes said his daughter is named Grace. Isn't that Sean's girlfriend's name? Is Sean dating Hayes' daughter? Just thought I'd sift through the litter box for a hefty scoop, just in case.

Oh, I almost forgot to say "What up? What up?" What up? What up?

Every show you guys make fun of is a show that I like. It makes me feel bad and also a little angry with you.

That Simpsons Sing the Blues album is one of my favorite things. It reminds me of going to Disneyland as a child. Sean is an angel sent from heaven for singing "Now you can't go to the boat show" with such enthusiasm.

Paul Rust's movie reviews are how I became a fan of his. Can you guess which review it was that reeled (lol) me in? It was his review of Reading Rainbow: "Reading Rainbow isn't a movie, it's a television show". Brilliant. On a similar note, I first became a fan of Doug Benson when I saw him on Last Comic Standing and was sure he was the voice of Norbit on The Angry Beavers.

I had a dream involving these message boards the other night. There was a new ballsy commenter and that didn't sit well with me.

Who's the next guest? Lemme at him.

• Like 5

Great ep. of the cast. Ol' Paul Rust was a good guest, nice to get a fresh perspective from the young hollywood type. Big fan of his writing on Arrest This Development, so this was a real treat. I didn't LOVE the direction that Sean and Paul started to take it in towards the end. I listen to this podcast for insider secrets from two of the games most prolific stars, not to listen to some smutty trash...leave that to Variety. The Hollywood Reporter would be ashamed. Thankfully Hayes righted the ship and ended it before it got too out of hand. Looks like all that language Quentin Tarankillam used got to Paul's head....

Bought the pro version this week though, looking to get some really quality stuff I can share with the whole fam

Dear Valerie Bryant,

Save it for your therapist.

Love,

Chanson

PS - personal attacks are the only way I know to demonstrate camaraderie and affection.

• Like 1

SCOOP TROOP ALERT!

The day has finally arrived!! Brett Gelman will be stopping by the studio to talk about how to make huge podcast waves. Bus Stop the Mystery Executive will be filling in for Sean and Andy Daly will be filling in for Hayes, as they try to get to the bottom of what's up with dog clits.

• Like 3

Dear Valerie Bryant,

Save it for your therapist.

Love,

Chanson

PS - personal attacks are the only way I know to demonstrate camaraderie and affection.

I hate to see my two favorite people on this board fighting!!! Stop it you guys. Also Chanson watch out cause VB's totally real and not made up at all boyfriend will kick your ass!

Love you two! Also love you Chanson and VB.

• Like 3

Don't worry, I was just negging her. I just feel that women are getting too full of themselves what with them getting the vote and all. Next they'll want to be senators and scientists and gynecologists. What will pervy men do when their ob/gyn job went to some lady doctor? What other option is there besides being the neighborhood flasher? It's madness.

...for the record, I love Valerie Bryant and her "totally real totally not made up" boyfriend tons. You know, in a platonic way. Like how Plato would have. You know? Yeah. Like that.

PS - Also, some of you guys on this forum need Jesus. Just saying. Dog Clits... psh...

But seriously though, Jesus would want you to tell me if dogs have clits. So someone get on that.