🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 50 — Through The Airlock

The whole gang is back just in time to reunite with Blackie Green on the skiff they rode in on but they must hurry before their ship crash lands on the nearest star in space. Will they survive so that Sir Richard can punch Blackie Green for abandoning them? Tune in to find out!

37:06...thanks Bart! I literally had JUST sent Amarth's figure the day he died. Speaking of I have a couple possible new minis in the works for Brian.

• Like 5

Glad to hear Blaine again. Reminds me, while I am trying to learn Photoshop I thought I'd make some ads from Blaine's "Brought to you by..." segments. Here's Axe Bodyspray

Ax_Bodyspray1.jpg?t=1384357775

• Like 5

I almost forgot all about the lovable water elemental friend. I blame the adorable Stargoyle! 50 weeks of Nerd Poker! Congrats guys. I can't believe I've been listening to this for so long now. Helps make the mid-week blues so much easier to deal with! :-) Guess I should finish the episode now.

• Like 2

The gang is all together! Wooo!

Favorite quote from today's ep:

Sark: "Are you crowning?"

Brian: "Gross"

• Like 2

Ha Gross... very nice.\

were off that damn flying stone peinis.....

I was wondering if anyone would remeber the books and maps... alas ....((((spoiler))))

no.

37:06...thanks Bart! I literally had JUST sent Amarth's figure the day he died. Speaking of I have a couple possible new minis in the works for Brian.

So you did the minis they are talking about? Do you know where the photos are posted? ...unless they haven't posted them yet.

So you did the minis they are talking about? Do you know where the photos are posted? ...unless they haven't posted them yet.

i believe there's a picture in the character drawings thread

Yup, found your picture in there. Awesome job infocorn! I loved your added notes that they read. \m/

http://goawayskips.t...class-photo-for

Thank you thank you. Cel phone flashes do a terrible job at showing brushstrokes and such. The gang's picture are in this episode's page (here) as well.

I have a plan in place for Brian's replacement model too. I scared a coworker today laughing aloud at how I have the thing planned because I am a barely functioning model-making psycho.

EDIT Changed the link to this show's page.

Favorite quote from today's ep:

Sark: "Are you crowning?"

Brian: "Gross"

I quite enjoyed Brian/Damian casting Withering Sarcasm and then glowering: "... good luck..."

i think an Endure elments spell would of been helpfull..... plus it poses the question, would endure emelents, which protects you from all natural weather effects, hot/cold/rain/snow...... could it be seen as also to protect from pressure deferentals? beit high or low? It will protect from altitude sickness from being in the mountains..... Soo... Other Mages thougts?

• Like 1

Good Episode Guys - Glad you all made it.

Congratulations on reaching 50 Episodes too!

Brian - No one has really mentioned it but nice work on the RP for Daemon. I know you mentioned you're stepping outside your comfort zone for this character so I'm sure the RP is weird and maybe challenging but the sarcasm when you were wishing them "Good Luck" was freakin GREAT! My favorite part of the episode actually.

Playing different races/classes/personalities than you are used to is a good way to be a better player IMO.

I was smiling to myself - for Sarks sake on this episode: Sark has obviously proven in the past that he's not afraid to TPK a party if great care isn't taken to account for every potential thing to go wrong! The way you guys REALLY considered your escape was at times hard to listen to, but I totally appreciate and understand why you had to plan so much. Congratulations on constructing a solid plan - and having it work out.

Here's to hoping you can go another 50+ episodes (assuming Sark has that much campaign fleshed out).

Bad Wizard: Regarding your endure elements question: If I were GMing, I like to reward people for using spells creatively, especially non-combat/non-buff spells so I'd totally give them some sort of damage reduction/benefit if they used Endure Elements to counteract the effects of a vacuum.

• Like 4

All right, I'm sorry but I have to do this, and I realize I'm turning myself into Mr Complainy-pants...

Both ships have airlocks that have to be opened and closed manually, from just inside the outer door? Who would EVER design an airlock system that way? How did anyone ever get on or off this ship in the past? Did they have to sacrifice a person and give the whole crew terrible bloody orifices every time a ship "docked?"

I'm not sure how the operation they were attempting with Blackee differed in any way from the operation that would be used EVERY time a ship wanted to dock with this tower o power ship.

It's not like they were using a part of the ship for something other than its intended purpose, they were trying to dock a ship AT AN AIRLOCK designed for exactly that, using the exact ship that would typically dock at such a location.

Granted, it all made for fun gameplay and gave some great roleplaying and action sequences, but having that thought in the back of my mind kept taking me out of the story over and over again.

Please tell me I missed something obvious, like the remote opener was broken or something.

Other than that, great episode! Despite not knowing why it should have been necessary, I loved the plan they came up with and they way it unfolded.

• Like 1

All right, I'm sorry but I have to do this, and I realize I'm turning myself into Mr Complainy-pants...

Both ships have airlocks that have to be opened and closed manually, from just inside the outer door? Who would EVER design an airlock system that way? How did anyone ever get on or off this ship in the past? Did they have to sacrifice a person and give the whole crew terrible bloody orifices every time a ship "docked?"

I'm not sure how the operation they were attempting with Blackee differed in any way from the operation that would be used EVERY time a ship wanted to dock with this tower o power ship.

It's not like they were using a part of the ship for something other than its intended purpose, they were trying to dock a ship AT AN AIRLOCK designed for exactly that, using the exact ship that would typically dock at such a location.

Granted, it all made for fun gameplay and gave some great roleplaying and action sequences, but having that thought in the back of my mind kept taking me out of the story over and over again.

Please tell me I missed something obvious, like the remote opener was broken or something.

Other than that, great episode! Despite not knowing why it should have been necessary, I loved the plan they came up with and they way it unfolded.

the airlock is clearly just for the old dudes escape ship, never designed to be a docked by another ship, and what gave you the idea that their skiff is the exact ship that gets docked there? Sark said the airlock was invisible from the outside anyway, so its pretty obviously not for any random ship to dock into. why the hell would he let any ship dock ona airlock that leads to the bridge of his main ship and his fucking weird napoleon bedroom?

• Like 3

Brian - No one has really mentioned it but nice work on the RP for Daemon. I know you mentioned you're stepping outside your comfort zone for this character so I'm sure the RP is weird and maybe challenging but the sarcasm when you were wishing them "Good Luck" was freakin GREAT! My favorite part of the episode actually.

I made a note of this moment too. It's not easy to roleplay outside your comfort zone - you have to learn all the new rules, and put yourself in the mindset of a totally different kind of character. There were many laugh-out-loud moments in this episode, but this was the smile-and-nod moment.

Really let down by this episode. Sure there were some fun moments (which is why I listen) but as far as the gameplay... c'mon if you were just going to hand it to them why waste an entire episode while they uselessly planned out a strategy. Sark basically explained to "Blackie" exactly what the group was doing. Pretty lame. Could have saved 50mins and just said "Ok everyone you line up the ships and make the jump, what next?". Seemed pretty clear there was not even a possibility of failure here. Sark must be scared after the "keep rolling til you fall" episode.

Brian - No one has really mentioned it but nice work on the RP for Daemon.

??? This was mentioned by lots of people after his 1st appearance.

Is someone FORCING you to listen to this podcast? Are you trapped somewhere and need assistance? Two NEGATIVE posts for 'YES', One NEGATIVE post for 'NO'...

I could probably tell the whole story of the group from episode 1 in about five minutes if I didn't want to include any tension, emotion or description. There's more to storytelling than merely reciting events.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this