Episode 154 — Glory Hole Jack-O-Lantern

39 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,383 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

You’ll be snorting in no time as special guest co-host Emily Gordon of The Indoor Kids and lovable comedy person Ron Funches join Howard on this week’s live VPN edition of WHO CHARTED! They’ll talk Ninch Nails, Prince, and chef rapper Action Bronson while counting down Billboard’s Top 5 Digital Songs Chart. Later they chat about space sex and recall Howard’s summah affair during the Highest Grossing Video Game Adaptations Movie Chart. Plus, Howard shares his final thoughts on Halloween, and Ron & Emily describe the world of Animal Crossing to Howard as they answer some listener questions!

#2 Shariq Torres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!

That was a good ass freestyle!

#3 Platypus Eggs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

I love that Emily was the guest host. It reminds me that I'm waiting for an old-school Battle of the Network Stars special between Earwolf and Nerdist. Make it happen!

#4 Shariq Torres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:56 AM

My favorite line from this ep:

"What's Steam? Is that like The Silk Road?"

#5 Jackson1326657838

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

Saw this on VPN. Great episode

#6 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

Holy shit. Ron Funches does look like Willie Mack.

#7 wolfhaley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

I like Emily but she talks a bit too much IMO. I feel like I didn't get to hear enough Ron/Howard.

#8 It'sJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

Ron laughing at the new DBS album title was the absolute best.

#9 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I love that Funches got turned on when Howard said Lorde looked like Sara Gilbert.

#10 MLoPDX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Oh damn Howard made the know-it-all dork in me come out while listening to this episode, specifically when they were talking about Pokemon. The franchise began as a pair of GameBoy games three years before it was a trading card game - Howard claimed Pokemon started out as a card game. I, too, booked it home from school to watch the cartoons, though. No shame in that, they were really good cartoons.

Ron claiming that there were not that many barbers who were able to cut his hair in Salem, Oregon was the least surprising thing I've heard all week.

#11 The Narnold

Skrimps

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Fact no one needed to know, I lost my virginity to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails aka "I Wanna Fuck You Like an Animal" it wasn't planned it came on the radio.
Twitch.tv/Narnoldpt

#12 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostNot The Narnold, on 13 November 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Fact no one needed to know, I lost my virginity to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails aka "I Wanna Fuck You Like an Animal" it wasn't planned it came on the radio.

Is this your way of telling us you lost your virginity to a radio?

#13 DubipR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Favorite Kremerism of this episode:

"Kanye's the new Prince of Persia".... gold

Great episode with Emily Gordon as guest host. Having Ron Funches on any podcast makes me smile. He's so jovial and loveable.

#14 Shariq Torres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostDubipR, on 13 November 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Favorite Kremerism of this episode:

"Kanye's the new Prince of Persia".... gold

Great episode with Emily Gordon as guest host. Having Ron Funches on any podcast makes me smile. He's so jovial and loveable.

Emily Gordon is the best, and if you don't listen to the Indoor Kids, you're doing yourself a disservice. Her tumblr page is pretty good as well with funny stuff, political stuff, self-help type of stuff...there's something for everyone.

#15 CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD

coward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I always think Ron Funches is Biz Markie if he grew his hair out so what I'm saying is that I am a racist
I don't have any electronics and food is hard to come by

#16 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostShariq Torres, on 13 November 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Emily Gordon is the best, and if you don't listen to the Indoor Kids, you're doing yourself a disservice. Her tumblr page is pretty good as well with funny stuff, political stuff, self-help type of stuff...there's something for everyone.

Is it kind of like Whooch and Go Bayside where the subject matter is in a way incidental to funny people just being funny or is it more for people that are really into games?

#17 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postwolfhaley, on 13 November 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

I like Emily but she talks a bit too much IMO. I feel like I didn't get to hear enough Ron/Howard.

If you need more all of Arrested Development is on Netflix.
Top Ten Punkys on the board

#18 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

View Postseanotron, on 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Is it kind of like Whooch and Go Bayside where the subject matter is in a way incidental to funny people just being funny or is it more for people that are really into games?

Indoor Kids started out being primarily about video games but these days it's more of a pop culture gab fest with the angle of two very funny people who are married and play Halo together. Depending on the guest it can be more serious or not, but I would say being a gamer (current or former) will definitely help your enjoyment of the podcast. Give it a shot, Ron Funches was on an early episode -- it's evolved a lot since then; I would say the recent one with Kevin Pereira and Brea Grant (G4/Nerdist) is a good example of what the show is like these days.

Ron Funches was on @Midnight last week with the Sklar brothers and it was delightful. That show is quickly becoming one of the funnier things on the teevees.

#19 Joe Lerini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Aw yeah! Hadn't heard of Ron Funches prior to his I4H appearance, but I was instantly on board with his brand of humor/personality. Dude is great!

Also, I'd like to thank Emily Gordon for bringing her breasts to the Earwolf Studio. Because someone has to.

#20 Michael Bay of Pigs

Formerly Bill Russell Crowe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationBroward Country, Florida

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

Was I the only one bothered by Emily V. Gordon's made up stories of sex in outer space? I don't know about you guys, but when my Kulap is temporarily replaced, I like her replacement not to be spilling pseudo-intellectual propaganda nonsense. Oh, you read a fiction book about mars and you're spreading it to my earwolves as fact? I do not like it. NO, we haven't had sex in space. There have been hoax documents released, and fiction books documenting what it could be like... but please... don't spread it as fact and confuse Michael Motorcycle.
^cool post