🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 154 — Glory Hole Jack-O-Lantern

You’ll be snorting in no time as special guest co-host Emily Gordon of The Indoor Kids and lovable comedy person Ron Funches join Howard on this week’s live VPN edition of WHO CHARTED! They’ll talk Ninch Nails, Prince, and chef rapper Action Bronson while counting down Billboard’s Top 5 Digital Songs Chart. Later they chat about space sex and recall Howard’s summah affair during the Highest Grossing Video Game Adaptations Movie Chart. Plus, Howard shares his final thoughts on Halloween, and Ron & Emily describe the world of Animal Crossing to Howard as they answer some listener questions!

I love that Emily was the guest host. It reminds me that I'm waiting for an old-school Battle of the Network Stars special between Earwolf and Nerdist. Make it happen!

• Like 2

Ron laughing at the new DBS album title was the absolute best.

• Like 3

I love that Funches got turned on when Howard said Lorde looked like Sara Gilbert.

• Like 2

Oh damn Howard made the know-it-all dork in me come out while listening to this episode, specifically when they were talking about Pokemon. The franchise began as a pair of GameBoy games three years before it was a trading card game - Howard claimed Pokemon started out as a card game. I, too, booked it home from school to watch the cartoons, though. No shame in that, they were really good cartoons.

Ron claiming that there were not that many barbers who were able to cut his hair in Salem, Oregon was the least surprising thing I've heard all week.

Fact no one needed to know, I lost my virginity to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails aka "I Wanna Fuck You Like an Animal" it wasn't planned it came on the radio.

Fact no one needed to know, I lost my virginity to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails aka "I Wanna Fuck You Like an Animal" it wasn't planned it came on the radio.

Is this your way of telling us you lost your virginity to a radio?

• Like 6

Favorite Kremerism of this episode:

"Kanye's the new Prince of Persia".... gold

Great episode with Emily Gordon as guest host. Having Ron Funches on any podcast makes me smile. He's so jovial and loveable.

• Like 2

Favorite Kremerism of this episode:

"Kanye's the new Prince of Persia".... gold

Great episode with Emily Gordon as guest host. Having Ron Funches on any podcast makes me smile. He's so jovial and loveable.

Emily Gordon is the best, and if you don't listen to the Indoor Kids, you're doing yourself a disservice. Her tumblr page is pretty good as well with funny stuff, political stuff, self-help type of stuff...there's something for everyone.

I always think Ron Funches is Biz Markie if he grew his hair out so what I'm saying is that I am a racist

• Like 1

Emily Gordon is the best, and if you don't listen to the Indoor Kids, you're doing yourself a disservice. Her tumblr page is pretty good as well with funny stuff, political stuff, self-help type of stuff...there's something for everyone.

Is it kind of like Whooch and Go Bayside where the subject matter is in a way incidental to funny people just being funny or is it more for people that are really into games?

I like Emily but she talks a bit too much IMO. I feel like I didn't get to hear enough Ron/Howard.

If you need more all of Arrested Development is on Netflix.

• Like 7

Is it kind of like Whooch and Go Bayside where the subject matter is in a way incidental to funny people just being funny or is it more for people that are really into games?

Indoor Kids started out being primarily about video games but these days it's more of a pop culture gab fest with the angle of two very funny people who are married and play Halo together. Depending on the guest it can be more serious or not, but I would say being a gamer (current or former) will definitely help your enjoyment of the podcast. Give it a shot, Ron Funches was on an early episode -- it's evolved a lot since then; I would say the recent one with Kevin Pereira and Brea Grant (G4/Nerdist) is a good example of what the show is like these days.

Ron Funches was on @Midnight last week with the Sklar brothers and it was delightful. That show is quickly becoming one of the funnier things on the teevees.

• Like 1

Aw yeah! Hadn't heard of Ron Funches prior to his I4H appearance, but I was instantly on board with his brand of humor/personality. Dude is great!

Also, I'd like to thank Emily Gordon for bringing her breasts to the Earwolf Studio. Because someone has to.

• Like 3

Was I the only one bothered by Emily V. Gordon's made up stories of sex in outer space? I don't know about you guys, but when my Kulap is temporarily replaced, I like her replacement not to be spilling pseudo-intellectual propaganda nonsense. Oh, you read a fiction book about mars and you're spreading it to my earwolves as fact? I do not like it. NO, we haven't had sex in space. There have been hoax documents released, and fiction books documenting what it could be like... but please... don't spread it as fact and confuse Michael Motorcycle.

I read the part of Packing for Mars that's available on Amazon for free. The book isn't fiction. I think Emily was just remembering it in a fictionalized way. The passage in question is about how sex would have to be performed in space, not how it actually has been accomplised. The comparison was made to what earless seals have to do to procreate whilst suspended in water. For the curious, the male uses his mouth to grip the head / back of the female to prevent separation.

I just think about the trouble Howard was going through knowing parts of the internet had passed him by, then having that bombshell dropped on him felt cruel and malicious, knowing it wasn't true.

Has anyone suggested in the forum for Eric Wareheim to be on as guest? They mentioned the Bubble Butt video and realized he has done a lot of music videos. That would be awesome if he could come on and talk about his musical past.

Indoor Kids started out being primarily about video games but these days it's more of a pop culture gab fest with the angle of two very funny people who are married and play Halo together. Depending on the guest it can be more serious or not, but I would say being a gamer (current or former) will definitely help your enjoyment of the podcast. Give it a shot, Ron Funches was on an early episode -- it's evolved a lot since then; I would say the recent one with Kevin Pereira and Brea Grant (G4/Nerdist) is a good example of what the show is like these days.

Ron Funches was on @Midnight last week with the Sklar brothers and it was delightful. That show is quickly becoming one of the funnier things on the teevees.

Yeah, these last few eps (with Kevin Pereira and Danny "lil Pete" Tamberrelli have been more about pop culture type of stuff. But the two eps before then were Tom Bissell and Dave Furchaci (sp?) who talked about writing for video games and the stupid shit that the fans of video games do, like threaten to rape Anita Sarkesian(sp?) when she says there is sexism in video games. There are a few eps where they will get someone who has made a video game and they talk to them about the process or someone who has lots of knowledge about the history of certain video game companies.

Was I the only one bothered by Emily V. Gordon's made up stories of sex in outer space?

Probably.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this