Episode 154.5 — 11/15/13 TWO CHARTED 93

12 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

It looks like Howard is getting HAMMERED on this week’s TWO CHARTED! Dirt Cup gives Howard some tips on how to survive Jazz and Howard makes a proposition to get rid of Daylight saving time as he counts down his Wieek That Was. Then, Kulu Plus Vilaysack takes us through her weekend in Minnesota complete with live shows, food, and family. Plus, we get an update on the Who Charted? Christmas bundle!

#2 pepperjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

"I'm gonna pee."

#3 DubipR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

What's wrong with Jazz?
Howard of all people should appreciate jazz big time for his love rap and hip-hop.

My favorite Kremerisms:
1. "I doctor my frozen pizza. I dry hump it and toss it in the oven".... Poor Wie Wie not having gas, but that gutbusting great.
2. "Same On Same"- brilliant
3. "I'm getting FUCKING HAMMERED!"- I'm dying every time Howard went off.
4. Howard signing 'Refugee' to his dong when talking to Beans about his preference of MTFB.
5. Kremer's constant fuckbotching of the English language and his rant of Daylight Savings Time.

#4 bardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationsocal

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostDubipR, on 15 November 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

3. "I'm getting FUCKING HAMMERED!"- I'm dying every time Howard went off.

So great!

Is Rocky invited to Dragon Manor, but no Kulap? Did I miss something?

#5 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Loved Howard worrying about sponsors fleeing from all the swearing, all the while talking about how happy he is to be rid of Hulu Plus.

#6 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:18 PM

View Postseanotron, on 15 November 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Loved Howard worrying about sponsors fleeing from all the swearing, all the while talking about how happy he is to be rid of Hulu Plus.

This is like three straight weeks of him talking shit about Hulu Plus. To be fair, Hulu Plus is a garbage service -- I can watch I Love Lucy on the laptop but not on the tv, with the added bonus of commercials that I'm paying for. The only enjoyment I got out of it was the fact that the "This program is sponsored by..." voice was Lee from The Walking Dead game (which is so much better than the tv show).

#7 Todd Mason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Gil Scott-Heron...one of the founders of rap as we know it...(track 1)...and steeped in jazz tradition (everything, not least track 3):
http://youtu.be/9pZSQ3NOXbQ

(We'll leave out the Last Poets, for now...)

#8 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostDubipR, on 15 November 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

What's wrong with Jazz?
Howard of all people should appreciate jazz big time for his love rap and hip-hop.

I'm with this. Not all jazz is good, but when it is good I think it's some of the best. Old school hip-hop did a lot for bringing jazz and funk to a new generation via sampling/looping phrases. You would think Howie could at least appreciate it even if he doesn't like it, then again it's funny to hear him ask dirt cup how to deal with jazz.
Me IRL

"My name is Bruce. I fuck with viruses. I pull potatahs from the earth with my bare man hands. My beanie and five o clock shadow make me look like a longshoreman. And I can chill harder than a motherfucker."

#9 Poika

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

I don't think I've ever heard Howard curse so much. He must be getting fucking hammered!

#10 YoYo Mayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

I used to ask myself similar questions about jazz, the way that Howard was in the beginning of this podcast. "Why are these guys playing random notes all bee-bop-a-loo." After you listen to too much jazz, you will probably begin to acquire a knack for enjoying it. It's not random zibby-doo-das, the way you might think.

#11 blockofice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Howard's exasperation made for some great laughs. Mark this one down in the "Hardship Creates Great Art" column.

#12 Michael Bay of Pigs

Formerly Bill Russell Crowe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBroward Country, Florida

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

I googled "Tears On My Shaft" and got some interesting results involving genitalia scarring.
^cool post

#13 Bucho

Women sense my power

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationThe Future, aka Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

This was one of the greatest episodes of either Whooch or Tooch. Whatever How was on, keep him on it.

Keep him hammered.
"When I'm in the mood for the best movie reviews I watch Bucho's Road Reviews." - God