🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JenniferCadena

Big Top Pee Wee (1988)

I grew up watching Pee Wee and always enjoyed Pee Wee's Big Adventure BUT this movie was pretty bad and horrendous to watch. All I have to say is HOT DOG TREE.

Yeah, this was pretty bad. Also weirdly adult, as I recall.

Yeah, Pee Wee super pervs out on his girlfriend during that picnic in the beginning. I think the problem isn't so much that this is a terrible movie, but that its luster is shadowed so much by the first Pee Wee movie. Tim Burton was just beginning his fantastic streak of wonderful films and his presence is very much missing from Big Top Pee Wee. It's like the director and writers threw in a bunch of Pee Wee Herman tropes without much though behind them -- talking animals, wacky prop comedy, zany characters, and fuck it, a circus.

I really do like that talking dog, though; the voice actor is hilarious. Probably the best part about the movie.

I haven't seen the new Broadway show, I'm kind of afraid to watch it because the reviews are pretty middling.

Watched this recently and its still just as fantastic as I remembered. Theres so much wrong with this movie, but all of it adds up to something pretty special.

Sign in to follow this