Episode 7 — Ellie Kemper, Our Close Friend

54 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,557 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Sean and Hayes throw back the curtains on the industry by playing a game of Gmail Roulette and prepare listeners for any type of Hollywood meeting during Let’s Do Lunching. Then, ELLIE KEMPER graciously lends us her time as she recalls old Hollywood Game Nights, chooses her favorite sitcom pitches while playing a game of Ellie-Vator Pitch, tells us if it’s nice to be given clothes to act in, and shares how she’s preparing for her upcoming portrayal of Lady Gaga.

#2 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

July Diaz, you tease.

#3 Common Sence

The voice of raisin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Thank you. I will be listening to this today.

edit: Or tomorrow maybe, I got a lot on, but I'll get to it.

#4 OcterDoctoFrankenPus

Gelmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationJC Penney, Pennsylvania

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Ellie Kemper? There's a chance that I might have had her mistaken with Ellen Kleghorn, which means there's more of a chance that my Popcorn Gallery question was a bit off the mark. So sorry!

#5 The Narnold

Skrimps

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

Now that I'm the new engineer does that mean I get to work on other shows too? Like Gelmania for instance.
Twitch.tv/Narnoldpt

#6 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

Is it a good idea to use a different celebrity's name (not Hayes or Sean) to make a reservation? I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of this. Does it ever get easier?

#7 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

Sean Clements, exercising his 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. All I have to say about it is lookin' good bro. No homo.

#8 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

PS - Secret about Zeppelins (Scoop Troop get out your notebooks): full of hydrogen. Thanks Obama.

#9 Erika Thompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

I hate to pull back the curtain like this, but Ellie Kemper did NOT improvise that song.

Posted Image

#10 OcterDoctoFrankenPus

Gelmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostNot The Narnold, on 19 November 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Now that I'm the new engineer does that mean I get to work on other shows too? Like Gelmania for instance.

This sounds kinda cynical but they probably won't let you work on Gelmania. They know if they let you on such a transcendent podcast then you won't want to come back down to earth. Then they're back to looking for a new engineer

#11 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, she did that to me too, Erika... Such a fraud. She didn't even know that I post constantly. Like, what the fuck? I wanted to be like "bitch, that's my thing. Just read the damn forums." They didn't teach you to read forums at Princeton, Ellie Kemper?

PS - I think it's safe to say that you are alt. You don't have to just think of yourself as alt. You've successfully transformed into it by now I think.

#12 Common Sence

The voice of raisin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

I brought several of my best tourney-tested Magic decks to Sean and Hayes's Hollywood Game Night and boy was my face red when I discovered that they were all set up for Yu-Gi-Oh. I suppose that's why it's a risky move to invite a normal to something like that.

#13 OcterDoctoFrankenPus

Gelmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

Not to pull some white knight bullshit, but I really can't stand fake alt girls

#14 AndyKneis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

I liked Ellie and I liked this episode because sometimes I make songs too.

#15 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostAndyKneis, on 19 November 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

I liked Ellie and I liked this episode because sometimes I make songs too.

Do you deal (card pun) in alt vibe songs? They don't really have good vibes or bad vibes. Just...different, you know? Anyway, thanks for pulling back the curtain Erika, someone has to keep sean and hayes honest so all the fame and fortune doesn't go to their heads. I do feel like ellie could have done better with chanson's song since she has all that fancy book learnin tho.

#scoopinerrydayyall

#16 AndyKneis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostBruce Reid Robinson II, on 19 November 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Do you deal (card pun) in alt vibe songs? They don't really have good vibes or bad vibes. Just...different, you know? Anyway, thanks for pulling back the curtain Erika, someone has to keep sean and hayes honest so all the fame and fortune doesn't go to their heads. I do feel like ellie could have done better with chanson's song since she has all that fancy book learnin tho.

#scoopinerrydayyall

Yes thank you for asking, I am the alt scene's top vibraphone player.

#17 Clem Dawg

Reality Show Show Host

• Host
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

are you guys eatin turkey for thaknsgiving?

#18 to-BOO keith sweat

blake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Locationdayton

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostBruce Reid Robinson II, on 19 November 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Do you deal (card pun) in alt vibe songs? They don't really have good vibes or bad vibes. Just...different, you know?

Andy... Vibes? Andy... Andrew. Andy. Vibes? Vibes, Andy?

Speaking of Vibes, I came into some money recently (just had to stay in my great uncles "haunted" mansion for a night after he died. nice) and finally sprang for the Pro Version. Apparently this time of year they do this "42 Days of Pro Version" thing where you get something new in the mail every day for 42 days. First thing I got the other day was a VHS copy of Vibes signed by none other than Mrs. Sydney Laughtner herself (who I'm told is the world's number 1 Cyndi Lauper impersonator.) So sick. Anyways, I can't recommend the pro version enough. If the next 41 prizes are ANYWHERE as close to as good as this, it's well, well worth the 45 grand that it costs.

#19 to-BOO keith sweat

blake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Locationdayton

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostClem Dawg, on 19 November 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

are you guys eatin turkey for thaknsgiving?

I know we're all trying to get real PC these days and saying "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas" or whatever, but please don't take the "tanks but no" out of tanksgiving. Don't forget the reason for the season.

#20 Asteck

haha nice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Location@SadPizzaParty

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostToby Keith Sweat, on 19 November 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

I know we're all trying to get real PC these days

Mac guy m'self. The only turkey in my house this thanksgiving will be yours truly. I may be in the minority here, but around this time of year I tend to become a real gobbler... of sweets!

A little fun. Stay safe and god bless everyone.