🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 51 — Star Chart

After Sir Richard gives Blackie a piece of his mind, the gang figures out what their next destination will be by using the star chart. Will they travel back to the Gas planet where a clone of Mildred awaits or will they finally visit Glinishmore? Tune in to find out!

I'm going to alter my drivers license to appear from Glinishmore. This was the best episode in a long time, maybe ever. I think what makes this show so great is the how much they obviously enjoy each others company and playing together. Of any podcast I listen to I think I have the most affection for this one.

• Like 8

Great episode!

I love a good arctic D&D campaign. It's one of the few areas that most people aren't ready for when they play; not enough rations or clothing..this is going to be nice! Some people might lose some toes during their trek towards civilization.

-R

• Like 2

Posehn just made me feel fucking old when he said, "made specially for kids like you", in regards to the Dice Bag! This was during the earwolf store commercial. My 33 year old dice bag may be hanging a little lower, but I still purchased a Nerd Poker one. :-)

• Like 1

Hoping that when the get to civilization that it's the Planet of the Apes version of Glinishmore.

Also great DMing on the broken ship. He set the damage up so they couldn't constantly fly it around on the planet. One ultra powerful tool/weapon nullfied. Brings it a bit more down to the basics.

You know, with this group (especially Brian's current character) this would make a great, funny comic book.

• Like 2

This show just never stops getting better. To think of where they started up to where they are now, its been quite a journey. I love the amount of RP thats taking place since Brian's new character showed up too. I think Brian's new character is going to really hate it in the cold region. Isn't he still in a loin cloth?

I hope we visit Melavainia soon!

• Like 1

Great episode!

I was so worried during the landing sequence considering Sark has stated on numerous times how he can go full George RR Martin at any given time.

Also, the paladin bitch slap is my new favorite thing.

• Like 1

The Primeval world sounded like a cool option but I kind of think they should have gone back to the Gas Planet. Having Mildred Mirror Battle herself would have been fucking cool!

• Like 1

The Primeval world sounded like a cool option but I kind of think they should have gone back to the Gas Planet. Having Mildred Mirror Battle herself would have been fucking cool!

I've been waiting and hoping for a mirror match too! That said, I'm also curious to find out if all Glenishmorons are as sure of themselves as Sir Richard.

• Like 3

I've been waiting and hoping for a mirror match too! That said, I'm also curious to find out if all Glenishmorons are as sure of themselves as Sir Richard.

I certainly hope that all of Glenishmore were as determined to defend their homeland as Sir Richard. (thieving background or not)

• Like 1

I have the feeling that the Glenishmorons are going to be complete jerks.

• Like 1

Great episode, and Brian is clearly finding his footing RPing Damien, who seems on track to becoming everyone's favorite character.

• Like 1

Best episode in a while guys!

Damien is effing hilarious.

Sark - I loved the way you handled the "landing". Very cool. I do like 2E ability checks. Simple and clean.

I like how they seem to be trapped here for a while.

Was the old man bluffing or are huge swaths of Glenishmore in ruins now?

I'm anxious to learn who the Glenishmorians are and what they are like.

Maybe Glenishmore is a fertile ground for a new Sect of Judas worshippers Damien.... Gotta keep Judas happy!

Great episode, and Brian is clearly finding his footing RPing Damien, who seems on track to becoming everyone's favorite character.

Much like Sir Richard coming into the mix, I'm really digging this new character. You wouldn't happen to have something that I can wear in black? ...and a scrunchie for my hair.

• Like 3

Yeah this was a good one for sure. Agreed Brian is killing it RPing, after listening to him talk about ex characters I didn't think he was too big on it but the Damian / Sir Richard thing is awesome. Found it a little funny they were worried if they went to one of these planets they would be stuck there, and not that they would now have an entire planet to adventure on. ADVENTURE!

• Like 1

What an awesome episode!

What do you guys think is up with the ship moving on its own at the end of the episode while they were sleeping? Do you think they just slid on ice or the icy ground is moving under them? Or is something more mysterious going on?

I love the star chart and the ship's ability to jump from place to place. It reminds me of Mass Effect. It's such a great device to allow the characters to explore so many diverse worlds. Hopefully they can get more crystals and repair the ship so we get to experience more cool worlds.

I have a feeling that they have a trek ahead of them somewhat like the movie The Grey and if/when they make it to Glenishmore, all the people in Glenishmore will be like zombies, controlled by the old man, maybe with the exception of a few helpful underground NPCs.

Also, it cracks me up that Bart is wearing the purple robes that should probably be Damien's. Bart just put the robe on over his armor and nobody said anything. It seemed to me like the robe was perfect for Brian's nearly naked new character. I find it so funny imagining Brian's sulking character in a loin cloth in the freezing cold standing next to Bart who has dragon skin, armor, and this wizard cloak which does him no good at all lol

• Like 1

Also, it cracks me up that Bart is wearing the purple robes that should probably be Damien's. Bart just put the robe on over his armor and nobody said anything. It seemed to me like the robe was perfect for Brian's nearly naked new character. I find it so funny imagining Brian's sulking character in a loin cloth in the freezing cold standing next to Bart who has dragon skin, armor, and this wizard cloak which does him no good at all lol

Yeah, they should look into this. I think they probably forgot about the robes. That's why when it happened it was funny, but I busted out the old MMORPG gem, "Need before greed." That cloak proably should go to a magic user.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the point was that Blackee had bailed and Damian had wandered off so Bartho is just giving them both the middle finger by taking it.

• Like 2

I want to see the party find some awesome priest robes/armor and Damian refuse to wear it because it isn't black haha.

• Like 1

Yeah, they should look into this. I think they probably forgot about the robes. That's why when it happened it was funny, but I busted out the old MMORPG gem, "Need before greed." That cloak proably should go to a magic user.

I'm pretty sure the point was that Blackee had bailed and Damian had wandered off so Bartho is just giving them both the middle finger by taking it.

I want to see the party find some awesome priest robes/armor and Damian refuse to wear it because it isn't black haha.

haha exactly...Damien just wandered off to find his clothes when the group was in a pretty dire situation so he deserved to be fucked with and not just handed the robes. But now it's just the image of them standing out in the freezing cold and Damien having nothing while the others are somewhat well equipped that cracks me up. It kind of reminds me of Three Amigos when everyone is dying of thirst and Chevy Chase's character is pouring water all over his face and the ground.

But now I want to see Damien get some sweet robes and a magical staff so he can become a super powerful dark lord and go off.

• Like 2

They also have Amarath's magical form fitting Sparklett armor that they could give to Damien. I think Sir Richard is just carrying it.