🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 12 — Millennial Panic!

Executive Editor Jason Pargin (aka David Wong) joins Cracked Editor-in-Chief Jack O'Brien for a discussion about millennials: why older generations seem to simultaneously fear and hate them, why a generation of people who don't want to be employed might help our economy, and why millennials may actually be better adapted for a jobless future than everybody else.

This podcast makes me think of the war-economy of the novel 1984. They had to create the illusion of an endless war to keep people working and producing, but there was no need for that production and the government would destroy the surplus (much like how we throw out half of our food).

This topic is something that should be expanded on. It sounds very anti-capitalistic, but I would love to only have to work 3 days of the week. Even if that meant that I got paid less. I rather have more time than money and I wish that there were more options to live that life other than being a hipster.

I really hope Jack and Jason will keep doing these deeper discussions of social, economic and political phenomena; they're not as laugh-out-loud funny as the pop culture topics but they are still damned fascinating.

There were a lot of interesting points brought up and it's really given me food for thought. I just wish they got different points of view from different experts - perhaps futurologists or scientists or economists, not just an editor of a listicle website.

I was a bit wary of this podcast when it came out but it's really grown into something interesting and is a great addition to the Earwolf network.

Sign in to follow this