🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 76.5 — Minisode 76.5

It’s time to give thanks to a movie that doesn’t get its due for being a bad movie. Prepare for Bruce Willis’ little known attempt to make a franchise character as a wisecracking safe cracker who only wants to get a cappuccino. Paul also goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Fair Game and recommends rope burn treatments while answering your Qs. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite HDTGM T-shirt design over at facebook.com/HDTGM! Also, be sure to get tickets for Paul’s Christmas Spectacular and a LIVE Holiday edition of How Did This Get Made? at Largo in Los Angeles on December 12th & 13th!

Oh GOD. I own the Hudson Hawk NES game. It is one of the worst games I've ever played.

• Like 2

I loved this movie as a kid and never quite got the flack it got. But it has been a long time, so it is probably much, much worse (please let me be wrong).

Not to nitpick, but there's certainly a difference between "little known" and "little seen". For instance, not a lot of people intentionally watched "Battlefield Earth" or "Cutthroat Island", but EVERYONE knows what they are when you're discussing how you don't want your movie to perform. "Hudson Hawk", while a monumental dud, is certainly well known, but it wasn't a career killer for it's star, and it didn't sink a studio or anything, so maybe it just isn't talked about in the same league as more catastrophic flops.

• Like 1

The montage of them timing the heist with "Swinging on a star".... one of my favorite memories of this movie.

Ahahahaha, Paul getting into the Linux discussion is wonderful. Bruce and Shariq, you're officially nerds.

Never seen Hudson Hawk, but I don't need much of an excuse to watch vintage Andie MacDowell.

• Like 4

...and so the Andie-Keanu loop closes...

??

??

Keanu Reeves and Andie MacDowell are both actors from the Having-A-Stroke method of acting. This is a close cousin of the Impersonating-A-Person-With-Downs method of acting and are sometimes confused by if an actor is a adherent to one, they usually are very familiar with the other.

If you listen to the Devil's Advocate ep, Jason and the guest talk this school, which apparently was very famous in NY when they both living there.

I remember going to the theater to see Drop Dead Fred, but my mom decided it was too stupid, so we switched at the last minute, and saw Hudson Hawk instead. Yeesh.

I have friends who contend Hudson Hawk isn't an awful festering pile of doo-doo. In fact, one of them - a college-educated adult with a job and everything - says its his favorite film ever.To be fair, he also thought Roadhouse was "pretty good", so I've learned to not pay much attention to their opinions on movies.

i know a couple college educated adults who claim to be libertarians so basically the world is shit

• Like 3

Ok, I've gotta be honest; during the credit sequence that takes place in Renaissance Italy and Leonardo da Vinci is show walking through that archway, all cloaked in shadow and dust, my first thought was "starring,,, Jason Mantzoukas!"

Not on Twitter, you guys, but in Hudson Hawk.

• Like 1

I have always been puzzled at Andie McDowell's movie career. How it happened, why it happened, who let it happen, etc.

• Like 1

Keanu Reeves and Andie MacDowell are both actors from the Having-A-Stroke method of acting. This is a close cousin of the Impersonating-A-Person-With-Downs method of acting and are sometimes confused by if an actor is a adherent to one, they usually are very familiar with the other.

If you listen to the Devil's Advocate ep, Jason and the guest talk this school, which apparently was very famous in NY when they both living there.

Gotcha.

P.s., I'm college educated and I lean towards the personal accountability aspect of Libertarianism too; but, I do agree the world IS shit.

I have always been puzzled at Andie McDowell's movie career. How it happened, why it happened, who let it happen, etc.

I find it funny that Christopher Lambert was the star of "Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan", but it was ANDIE MCDOWELL that had to have her dialog re-dubbed by someone else (Glenn Close, I think). Yes, Christopher Lambert, the least convincing Scotsman ever, who to this day is kind of difficult to understand sometimes. I think McDowell still sounded like a complete hick, and that was the reason for the dubbing.

I am 39 mins into this movie and it is BLOWING MY MIND.

Was Bruce Willis really just joking about jizzing from a dog biting his balls??

• Like 1

"Courtney, stop! You're embarrassing your country!"

whoooaaa she took that shit straight to the top shelf.

• Like 1

"What's going on up there?"

"You want me to rape them?"

• Like 4

Do yourselves a favor and when you're done watching this movie for the second or third time (how could you not?) go over to Youtube and watch as an older Bruce Willis and the film's exec producer Robert Kraft talk out of their ass about this film for half an hour. Tired of talking heads? How about if it was a free form conversation at a piano where they occassionally just burst into songs for no reason?

THIS ENTIRE FILM WAS BASED ON A SINGLE BASS LINE THEY WROTE 15 YEARS EARLIER!

And if you were aching for an acoustic performance of said theme song here you go, folks.

BRUNO IS BACK BABY!!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this