🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 52 — I Would Walk 500 Miles

While on their trek to Glinishmore, the gang learns about Sir Richard’s mysterious past and get caught in a creepy situation.

"Shut that chicken up." Brilliant.

For a second I was afraid they had stumbled onto a Villiage of "The Thing" and boy that would really be a much more difficult adventure. Still, this doesn't bode well for the rest of Glinishmore. Hopefully the team isn't too late to save the universe.

• Like 3

Fantastic episode, as per usual.

We had a slight discussion about casting times in AD&D in one of the episode threads a couple of weeks ago, and 2nd edition rules basically say:

If only a number is given, the casting time is added to the caster's intitiative die rolls. If the spell requires a round or number of rounds to cast, it goes into effect at the end of the last round of casting time.

So in Blackie's case, his casting time of 3 would mean a +3 to initiative, or at least that the spell would be cast within the same round, and not take 3 rounds to cast.

Doesn't mean the gang can't decide to go with their own rules, ofcourse, but that would possibly nerf spellcasters?

For casting

a spell with a casting time of three would mean.

Blackie rolled a 19 on his init roll. the spell will be cast on init count of 16. So if anyone who went on 18,17 can act before the spell is finished.

Thats why its always nice to have a magic missle memorized, 0 casting time. instant. mess up the other guys spell.

if a spell has a three round casting time, and Blackie is not disturbed for all three rounds, then on the third init count of 19 his spell will go off.

Cleric and Mage spells some times having differant casting times. even for the same spell.

i.e. hold person.

Mage 3 init casting time, clerical version 5 casting time. (if memory serves me right, i do know they are not the same)

This piece is called "The Proclaimers' early spring excursion"

pzVoNFx.jpg

I have to think this would be acceptable in the Character Drawings thread. This is gorgeous.

• Like 3

Thanks for getting a few episodes logged so we could have something to listen to over thanksgiving week! Love this show every week.

• Like 2

Blaine's "we've found the child, Parn..." killed me

Me too. I kept referring to him as "kiddie Parn" in my head after that.

Do you have a website? Deviant art? twitter? tumblr?

Didn't want to hijack the thread promoting myself, so I PM:ed you. :)

Put the links in your post signature, so we can all enjoy! :D

• Like 2

Dude, Promote yourself. that one piece is epic, and I want to see more!

• Like 2

Dude, Promote yourself. that one piece is epic, and I want to see more!

Put it in my signature! Cool that so many liked it. I'll make more of these; one per episode if I get the time.

• Like 6