🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

So looking for a bad Thanksgiving movie that wasn't Thankskilling, I found Pauly Shore's Son-in-Law and The House of Yes. I genuinely wish I chose Son-in-Law

This film won awards at Sundance and the only legitimate reason that I could conceive is that all Indie Movie awards just had to go to Parker Posey in the 90's. She plays an insane woman who mimics Jackie Kennedy and goes into a jealous rampage when her twin brother announces he is engaged to Tori Spelling. Freddie Prinze Jr. plays her other brother in what I believe is an autistic performance. There is ridiculous costuming, there are reenactments of the JFK Assassination, and the ending is pure madness.

This apparently is critically loved but I have no idea why. I guess the acting is fine, but the dialogue was called 'quick and witty', and I just didn't see it. This was so upsetting and to think they tried to pass this off as a 'black comedy' is just ridiculous. I was just about to write this off as a bad movie, but when I learned the Writer/Director would go on to do Freaky Friday AND Mean Girls, I lost my mind. Please unravel this insanity.

Sign in to follow this