🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 9 — Michael Showalter, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes help out Engineer Cody in another edition of Engineer My Career and reveal the truth on what really went on behind the scenes while filming The Godfather during Uncommon Commentary. Finally, MICHAEL SHOWALTER drops by to talk about joining the Earwolf family, recall how he had to kick Sean & Hayes out of The State, speak on the pressures of going in and out of the funny zone, share some of his favorite restaurants in town, and explain his decision to become Mr. Crystal Light.

I am not even going to bother listening to this episode. I put my full support behind everything said and/or done on this episode and wholeheartedly endorse anything that it contains. Even gay aliens.

Another Great Episode!

Surprising little dig against gay marriage in the beginning of the show. It allllllmost made it seem like Sean and Hayes actually read the forums this past week and saw how bumpin' things have been in here. Interesting choice to throw Chanson a little easter egg like that.

It was probably a coincidence.

• Like 1

No studio photos, very limited Popcorn Gallery, no Pro Version rewards... Uhhhuh, this is no Gelmania

• Like 3

Surprising little dig against gay marriage in the beginning of the show. It allllllmost made it seem like Sean and Hayes actually read the forums this past week and saw how bumpin' things have been in here. Interesting choice to throw Chanson a little easter egg like that.

It was probably a coincidence.

No, when you spend the big bucks, you can get your weird conservative agenda to be shoehorned into just about anything.

For the record, I have nothing against gay humans getting married. It's the aliens trying to marry other aliens that I believe is an abomination. If they want to get married, then they can find a human or a cat or a dog or some other earth creature to marry like everyone else. You know, how God intended it.

• Like 1

they were going to do a show about how important dogs are but they couldn't think of a rhyme. the closest they came up with was "dog bothers" and burping at the start of "bothers."

I enjoyed this epi. it's no episode 8 though.

• Like 2

i love mr showalter but hate call in shows, rip

• Like 2

We got to hear Hayes and Sean give their expert opinions on the eternal question: "LA or New York?" but we still don't know where they land on the other big issue: "Cats or Dogs?" Personally, I think cats are really cool and that dogs can be a lot of fun.

• Like 3

Marlon Brando used to have this naive idea that we are all one race before Sean and Hayes explained that there are different kinds of people

• Like 1

hey gang,

Hayes was doing a wicked wheelie on his moped this morning and fell off and busted open one of his butt implants. I'm at the hospital right now, and the doctors say it looks like he could possibly lose juiciness on one whole side of his body. It's a good reminder that even though some guys have literally ehrrrything you could ever dream of, we are all still just human beings and very fragile. I can't stop hearing the sound. It was like a SQUEEEEECHY, but also like KERPLEEEEP and you could hear the moped engine like GROMROMBROMBUNDUNDUN

Will update when I know more.

• Like 6

This is so incredibly sad. I'm gonna cry my eyes out when Hayes' butt implant comes up in the "In Memoriam" section of the Oscars and when it gets its posthumous Oscar for excellence in podcasting. ~*RIP buttplant*~

• Like 1

#prayersforhayes

In 50 years I'll be telling my grandkids where I was and what I was doing the moment I found out Hayes busted his butt implant. Never forget.

• Like 6

does his butt still look p good though?

• Like 4

Damnit!!!

I effin' knew it. I've been telling Hayes for years to switch it up to a Puch or something. He insisted on 'throwing a kit on' his tomos. I was like, "listen man, we're talkin' 70 cc!!!! you're going to regret this bro. Besides, you don't want that step through shitttt"

I truly hope your butt's okay and I feel your pain road dawgy.

Wild Hog's Heck's Angels, we are praying for you ma brav.

HayesMoped.jpg

*Hayes at the latebirds rally last year.

• Like 6

HayesMoped.jpg

borrowing your pic to make a tribute

WZSGzqP.jpg

if we want to use it 4 the kickstarter to fix he butt thats ok with me

• Like 4

borrowing your pic to make a tribute

WZSGzqP.jpg

if we want to use it 4 the kickstarter to fix he butt thats ok with me

Obvious fakes. These don't even have Hayes's tribal Maori half sleeves.

He always keeps them covered unless he is going into battle.

• Like 5

ugh HAYES!!!

if you look closely on this video you can catch him briefly at the end. He was ALWAYS seeing if he could top everyone around him with his sick stunts and jumps and ramps.

#prayforhay_es

• Like 1

Obvious fakes. These don't even have Hayes's tribal Maori half sleeves.

He always keeps them covered unless he is going into battle.

yeah well i have a force feild belt so lasers bounce right off me and also my dad is zeus and he frys you with lightning powers

(this is an analogy)

• Like 1

This is so incredibly sad. I'm gonna cry my eyes out when Hayes' butt implant comes up in the "In Memoriam" section of the Oscars and when it gets its posthumous Oscar for excellence in podcasting. ~*RIP buttplant*~

a LITTLE gentleman, who um...is in good shape would you say?

Good thing I bought the pro version and have all those sweet pics of Hayes squatting.

• Like 3

I don't know... something doesn't add up here. Last week Hayes had a band-aid on his nose, this week his butt implant is ruptured in a freak moped "accident." I don't ever like to throw around accusations, but it's a little suspicious that Sean's the one telling the story. When engineer Bread asked what happened, did Sean put his hand on Hayes' shoulder and say "He fell," then, after tightening his hold on the shoulder, turn to Hayes and say "You fell. RIGHT?" And Hayes nodded and stared down at the floor. I haven't been to the Earwolf studios, but I can say 100% yes that is what happened. I've never thought that Sean was capable of violence, but then I found this gif of him totally wailing on some guy(it looks like the guy deserved it).

CIC6KFc.gif

You have a voice Hayes! And if you ever need a safe person to talk to about your co-hosting relationship, um, there are probably some services online. You could do some research or something.

• Like 2

You have a voice Hayes! And if you ever need a safe person to talk to about your co-hosting relationship, um, there are probably some services online. You could do some research or something.

Sigh....guys, please listen up. I was just hanging out with Sean and Hayes for Thanksgiving (as proven earlier), and there is no abuse going on. Hayes has just been honing his skills in a certain hobby that has left him with a scratch or two from time to time. I know this because I actually saw it with my own eyes.

Let's just say the first two rules of his new hobby is that you do not talk about his new hobby.

Don't ruin this for him, guys.

I'm very sad to hear about "Purple" Hayes's troubles with his bottom. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

In other news I've decided to cut my losses and move back home to England. I always said I'd give myself just over a week to make it in La-La-Land (Las Angeles) and if it happened, it happened, and if it didn't then I would take it as a sign and come back to Dear Old Blightly where I clearly belong. Obviously being mentioned once on the world's best and most famous podcast just isn't enough to build a career on these days, probably because of the Global Financial Crisis 2008. God save the Queen.

I was very excited to finally be free of that fucking LA traffic, but lo and behold I'm now stuck behind a blasted LORRY! Bloody hell!

• Like 1