Episode 77.5 — Minisode 77.5

60 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 982 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

Next week we will travel back to a time where Britney Spears was not a girl, not yet a woman by watching 2002’s Crossroads. Paul reads some of your amazing Nundercover ideas, goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Hudson Hawk, and lays down the law regarding hugs while answering your Qs. Don’t forget that the movies for the 2 LIVE at Largo shows (December 13th) are Deck The Halls (early show) and Jack Frost (late show)! Also, be sure to get tickets for Paul’s Christmas Spectacular at Largo in Los Angeles on December 12th!

#2 Harry Charles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

"This I actually enjoyed very much" - June Diane December 17th 2013

#3 Tess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

Yay! Finally!

#4 Cracktivity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Yeah! Crossroads!

You guys should talk to Seth from the Uhh Yeah Dude podcast. He has a small role in that movie:

#5 klem_johansen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

Holy crap. That made my day!

#6 OcterDoctopus

Gelmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationJC Penny, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostCracktivity, on 10 December 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

You guys should talk to Seth from the Uhh Yeah Dude podcast. He has a small role in that movie:

You beat me to it! I would lose my mind if these two podcast worlds came together. At the very least, Seth could talk about the staggering royalty amounts of mailbox money that this film has generated for him throughout the years.

#7 IsaiahER

Pronounced "Isaiah-E-R'"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:31 AM

This is literally one of the best Chistmas Present that a comedy podcast about movies could give. BRING ON THE UNCOMFORTABLE STORY LINES!!!

#8 Strable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

I'm literally going to die while watching this.

#9 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

The audio from the trailer makes it sound like it'd be "Annoying Sorority Bitches Trying to Sing Along to the Radio Like Britney Spears: The Movie", starring Britney Spears. So, who was Anson Mount a decade ago? I'd never heard of the guy until "Hell on Wheels", which he's pretty great on, and I'm pretty certain I haven't seen anything else he's been in even though he's worked pretty steadily for a long time.
Leonard Part 6: A Film Without Equel

#10 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

I don't suppose that we're going to be lucky enough to get THIS "Jack Frost", are we?

I think they go to the Caribbean or Jamaica in the sequel...

#11 pepperjack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

I didn't think Crossroads was the bad. When Brittney Spears was cuttin' heads with Steve Vai to save Willie Brown's soul that was pretty awesome.

#12 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

View Postpepperjack, on 10 December 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

I didn't think Crossroads was the bad. When Brittney Spears was cuttin' heads with Steve Vai to save Willie Brown's soul that was pretty awesome.

And it had Jami Gertz at her Jami Gertziest! Mmmmm, I loved me some Jami Gertz...

Holy shit, do you guys need to do "Solarbabies".

Posted Image

#13 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 877 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Posted Image

#14 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostShannon, on 10 December 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Posted Image

You could totally make a game of whether or not it's a clip of her singing or comically overselling a reaction to something. Hard to tell them apart...

#15 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Logistical question, does anyone know if those two live shows will be released as podcasts? Unless they're released separately in the store, there won't be time to get them in before Christmas (unless one or both comes out on the 24th without a mini-ep).

For Crossroads, this has to be on TV at some point in the next week, right? My cable company carries like ten 'music' channels, just about all of which show movies, and I feel like Britney/this movie spans genres enough that it could air on any of them, and this seems like a logical time to show it since she has an album out.

#16 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

I gave a full-throated Steven Brody Stevens "YEEEES!" upon seeing this would be our next selection.

#17 Bruce Reid Robinson II

Over-educated and under-employed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • LocationChecking out the beavs in Corvallis

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

I just don't know if I can make it through this one you guys...

PSYCH. THIS SHIT IS GOING TO BE BONKERS! FUCK YES HDTGM

#18 MrWompler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationIn a shed in Castaic

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostKickpuncher, on 10 December 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Logistical question, does anyone know if those two live shows will be released as podcasts? Unless they're released separately in the store, there won't be time to get them in before Christmas (unless one or both comes out on the 24th without a mini-ep).

I think they've released every live show they've done as just a regular podcast. Unless there are some shows I don't know about, they've released all the ones like Demolition Man, Howard The Duck, Gymkata, etc. as regular podcasts. I'm guessing the live shows won't come out for a while though since they're also doing Crossroads, which I assume will be released this next Tuesday.

Live show question: I should just assume the early show is seeing the 2006 Deck The Halls with Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick, right? Rotten Tomatoes says there's a 2005 film by that name but it looks less popular.
tumble over here || tweet over there

#19 cat & beard

our fluoride is gluten free

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationShredstaurant

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'm excited for this -- it's a really strange choice as a vehicle for Britney Spears. It's like they took a bunch of spec scripts out of the Lifetime TV channel's dumpster and did a William Burroughs cut-up job on them.

For those of you who don't think you'll be able to tolerate the vanilla Crossroads experience, there is a Rifftrax commentary available which may help.

#20 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostMrWompler, on 10 December 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I think they've released every live show they've done as just a regular podcast. Unless there are some shows I don't know about, they've released all the ones like Demolition Man, Howard The Duck, Gymkata, etc. as regular podcasts. I'm guessing the live shows won't come out for a while though since they're also doing Crossroads, which I assume will be released this next Tuesday.

Yeah, the only reason I thought they might break from that is to get them out before Christmas. I figured one of them would just be episode 78.