🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Reeses Pieces

Trying to find a September 11 joke

One time I was listening to a CBB - can't remember what time frame, maybe a consensus "classic"? - and one of the guests cracked a September 11 joke that caused me to bust a gut laughing. It was the first time a 9/11 joke really had me rolling on the floor, so I want to relisten to the episode... but can't remember what it was.

Anybody have any idea what episode and [singing] whoooooooooooo [Hot Saucerman voice] said it?

• Like 1

jon daly as Barry R in ep 161 talking about his 9/11 tribute album "Manhattan Just Got a Lot Smoother"

maybe?

Scott's old pal Jimmy Pardo is fond of a 9/11 crack or seventeen, perchance it was he.

• Like 1

The 9/11 quote that came to mind is from the often repeated introduction to the very first episode: "While introducing Tom, Scott calls Reno 911! "Reno 9/11." Tom corrects him, saying "We try not to invoke the worst tragedy in the history of the USA when talking about the show." He briefly wonders whether Pearl Harbor had a bigger death count, which leads Scott to ask if they ever thought about calling the show Reno Pearl Harbor."

jon daly as Barry R in ep 161 talking about his 9/11 tribute album "Manhattan Just Got a Lot Smoother"

maybe?

Just relistened - this was it! Although it was not ep 161; it was 47, "Happy Chap," with Greg Proops. Thanks everyone for the aid.

Oh, and "Happy Chap" is a pretty effin' great episode, so if you have yet to hear it, I recommend.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this