🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
pdxsean

Episode 111 - Six Inch Witch

I'm going to play Earwolf Intern tonight, just because I'm so keen to comment.

Paul Rust, Sean Conroy, and Billy Merritt join Matt Besser for a monumental improv4humans where they hear from Doug Levison aka the

in another edition of Case Closed. Plus, Matt will soon be immortalized in trading card form! You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com, and a new improv4humans t-shirt at the Earwolf store!
  • Like 4

Not only is there Sean Conroy and Billy Merrit, but Paul Rust? AND a new Case Closed? AND AND that crazy surprisingly reasonable guy from the trumpet video? Why, why, WHY did I have plans last Thursday when this was on VPN?

New no-no, if you're going to have an awesome cast on a live VPN episode I'm unable to watch, then you have to put together a super fun segment with some crazy guy from the internet. That's right, put together a good show for a live taping, and make it even better with well-planned production values. New no-no! The greatest podcast in the universe is still the greatest podcast in the universe.

• Like 2

Where's Besser's rant on the Avclub podcast list?

His whole tirade on those best of lists being just a bunch of popular average bullshit was one of the best part of this episode!

• Like 1

I would really love to hear Matt Besser's opinion on the podcast list - does anyone know if the full episode will be posted to Earwolf's youtube channel?

Also, great ep, I will be on the look out for those Topps booster packs next year. Really dug the scene with the trombone player.

FUCK YES. I asked where Sean was and Besser delivered. I seriously doubt that it was my comment, but it was really great to get Billy and Sean back on. Those dudes have been on board since I4H started and they always bring their A game. Thanks Matt. Looking forward to the inevitable Kanye case closed.

I gotta get one of these cards! Today is my 30th birthday, and admittedly it started off a little shaky. This episode of the Greatest Podcast In The Universe ® really turned it around for me. Thanks, Matt and the gang! Better than any LBJ.

Where's Besser's rant on the Avclub podcast list?

His whole tirade on those best of lists being just a bunch of popular average bullshit was one of the best part of this episode!

This will be the bonus episode!

Everybody vote for us on the AVClub's Best of 2013 poll http://www.avclub.com/article/get-drunk-on-power-with-the-av-clubs-first-yearend-106135

• Like 6

This is what they meant by 'embeded' if you haven't looked it up. Just a small piece of whatever game used stuff placed in the card. It's tough to describe if you've never seen one. Congrats.

hank-aaron-jersey.jpg

I'm totally cool with the concept of telling that trumpet playing to shut up, but that dude definitely went too far over the line. The whole 'almost going to hit him with a bag' thing and getting in his face. He's lucky the trumpet player didn't go off and wail on him. The personal space invasion and threatening gestures would probably let the trumpet player face no jail time if he socked him.

Also holy crap, could that guy drop any more names? Somebody check his pocketlining for holes.

Just to reiterate, I love silence, but he went too far.

• Like 1

doug's friend neil got a lot of mentions in this ep, i smell a new earwolf podcast

• Like 1

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but the trumpet man was less rage-ful than I expected.

It was weird how he really only answered about 20% of the questions put to him, and even then after being asked to stop rambling three times.

FUCK YES. I asked where Sean was and Besser delivered. I seriously doubt that it was my comment, but it was really great to get Billy and Sean back on. Those dudes have been on board since I4H started and they always bring their A game. Thanks Matt. Looking forward to the inevitable Kanye case closed.

As a listener of The Long Shot, I can tell you it has been torturous waiting for Sean's return to I4H. He has been SUPER-busy being the head writer of an upcoming cartoon for Adult Swim, to the point where he actually missed his first Long Shot episode. I knew that as soon as he wrapped on writing the first season he'd be back on I4H, and let me tell you, Bruce, that is exactly what happened. I think Sean announced wrapping up the show maybe two Long Shot episodes ago, and BOOM, Sean's back on I4H.

• Like 3

Great lineup AND trumpet man?!?! Can't wait to listen. Besser this really is the best podcast in the universe.

I also forgot to mention how much I enjoy Matt's rapport with Paul. Genuinely awesome how much shit Matt gives Paul for being silly all the time.

• Like 7

AMAZING episode. Love all four of these guys, my only complaint is that Sean and Billy sound very similar when using their natural voices, which makes some scenes a little confusing. Doug was a great combination of reasonable and eccentric.

amazing ep. great guests/host/super special guest. He was remiss not to mention the significance and beauty of that area of NY but solid arguments otherwise.

i've seen a bunch of conroy love in these comments as deserved. And if you like this podcast I can guarantee you'd love the podcast he hosts - The Long Shot. Any ep with Besser is a good place to start and you'll give yourself the holiday gift of an awesome back catalog.

Mr Besser sir - Jamie Flam has taught long form improv classes. Could be a fun debate between you on your philosophies and styles. Just a thought.

the video is here!

• Like 1