🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Gabe Danon

Episode 68 — Good Guys Win: A Tribute To The Best Show

i just felt the need to share this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX2mClXKME8

I stopped listening to this episode halfway through to youtube some Scharpling. Definitely loving this guy. I came across this video and came here to post it, but ya beat me to it. Amazing stuff. Thanks for this episode Jake. Now I've got a 13 years of backlog to work through I guess.

I stopped listening to this episode halfway through to youtube some Scharpling. Definitely loving this guy. I came across this video and came here to post it, but ya beat me to it. Amazing stuff. Thanks for this episode Jake. Now I've got a 13 years of backlog to work through I guess.

no food, no water, no turlets

Seriously, the shout out that Tom gave Paul F. Tompkins legitimately was beautiful. Two true geniuses.

this needs to be posted here too, for any earwolf fans, there's been tons of hilarious crossovers with earwolf personalities and the best show, paul sheer calling in discussing his experiences on parana 3d springs to mind, but this is the gold standard

its so funny i feel like the universe might collapse

• Like 1

There's also a great crossover Comedy Bang Bang episode that has Scott welcoming PFT, Tom and Weird Al as guests.

And another CBB episode has PFT, Jon Wurster and frequent Best Show guests Aimee Mann and Ted Leo.

I'd put off listening to this one, was wary as

(1) I've only ever listened to a handful of Best Shows, I enjoyed it but felt overwhelmed by how much more of it there was.

(2) I only know Daniel Ralston from that time earlier this year when he misunderstood one of Scott Aukerman's tweets and started calling him a misogynist.

But I did enjoy this episode, and I've made a secret New Year's resolution to start going into the WFMU archives.

I guess I finally GOT THE MEMO

I just saw Tom in his new gig doing voices for the cartoon network show Steven Universe, where he plays a has-been rocker who is father to the titular character.

He sings a song in the show that I found oddly touching after listening to the finale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxAo6KhBFFs

• Like 1

I just saw Tom in his new gig doing voices for the cartoon network show Steven Universe, where he plays a has-been rocker who is father to the titular character.

He sings a song in the show that I found oddly touching after listening to the finale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxAo6KhBFFs

I choose to believe that Tom based this character on former Best Show caller/weirdo Stevie Blue.

• Like 1

I'm just listening to the 'Zork is Coming' episode of The Best Show. This has to be one of the funniest things ever recorded, right?

Fresh-Ass Comedian Roddy Piper squaring off against a 10-story tall Justin Timberlake. Drain me Zork, indeed!

• Like 1

I'm just listening to the 'Zork is Coming' episode of The Best Show. This has to be one of the funniest things ever recorded, right?

Fresh-Ass Comedian Roddy Piper squaring off against a 10-story tall Justin Timberlake. Drain me Zork, indeed!

whats the date on that episode?

whats the date on that episode?

11/29/11. It all unfolds in the last 45 minutes.

11/29/11. It all unfolds in the last 45 minutes.

i remember that episode, i gotta go back and relisten

whoa! I had a dream about Tom last night where i was interviewing him about when the Best Show would be back. As Best Show dreams go it was pretty standard but the timing is a funny coincidence. Still doesn't beat the time i had a dream where AP Mike sold me cheese out of the truck of his car in the parking lot of Shea Stadium, the cheese had a label that said "warning may contain bees"

• Like 1