Episode 000 — The Teaser Episode

34 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Welcome to the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project explainer, introduction, and teaser episode with Earwolf producer Matt Gourley (Superego) and Andy Daly (the upcoming Comedy Central series Review). Special guest/podcast King Scott Aukerman joins Andy & Matt to discuss the premise of the podcast and some of the submitted podcast pilots whose hosts have oddly enough taken advantage of the open door policy on Comedy Bang! Bang!

#2 ApathyMonger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

I am looking forward to listening to this.

#3 saddlebags

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

dick in hand. by dick I mean ipod.

#4 Neclord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

Excitement levels at critical.

#5 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

This is going to be so good, you guys. So good. I am dying over here. Between Nine Sweaters, every single Comedy Death Ray Radio appearance, every Comedy Bang Bang appearance (the podcast, the CBBLive 2012 & 2013 tours, and the TV show), and the smattering of appearances on SuperEGO, Andy Daly is about to achieve critical mass wherein I will begin grinning so widely that the top of my head will fall off, leaving only a neck stump, a bottom jaw, and a tongue violently flailing around. And oh my god, you guys, it's going to be making the most disturbing sounds of what one will think is supposed to be mirthful joy, but it will be so off-putting. So insanely off-putting that when the paramedics arrive they will vomit in the corners of my studio apartment like it's their first day on the job.
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#6 mccarrot93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Review with Myles Barlow is one of my favourite comedy shows, and when I heard it was being remade in America I was worried it'd get done wrong. But after discovering Andy Daly through Comedy Bang! Bang! I could not be more excited about the prospect of him adapting it. Now with this podcast I have two Andy Daly projects to look forward to next year! Can't wait!

#7 2COOL4U69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Immediately subscribing.

I don't care if it's just Andy reading his grocery list, this is going to be really really funny.

#8 klem_johansen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

Now that most major roads are 65mph, Sammy Hagar is happy to drive the speed limit. He released a song about it because it was important to him that the public understand his vehicular point of view. However, "I'm Perfectly Fine Driving 65" was a commercial flop when listeners, who naturally assumed that the ribald singer's lyrics described an affair with an older woman, registered their disappointment on iTunes.

#9 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

My prayers have been answered.. I love when Andy yells "WHAT!?" haha I see good things in the Earwolf future

#10 daveB from Oakland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

I asked Santa for an Andy Daly podcast, and he came through! Fuck yeah Santa Claus!

You're cool with me, Santa. I don't care what everybody else says about you. Me and Santa = Best buds. Yep.
Chop off the "En", Chop off the "In"

Stop in!!

Glish Muff!!

#11 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

This was pretty great. February 2014 will be even greater.

#12 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

I hope this is a full on comic book style crossover of the Earwolf and Superego universes. Going to start mentally preparing my myself for February.

P.S. Hail Satan with Chip Gardner is going to be bananas 2.0 you guys.

#13 mfnpjparty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

SO FUCKING EXCITED. HOW IS THIS FREE????????

#14 Danny Mahoneys Heavy Coat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

I am predicting now this will be my favourite podcast of 2014. Andy Daly is a genius.

#15 Roy Ziegler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

RIP(ossible?) Scott

#16 Brett Morris

Earwolf Engineer

• Administrators
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

you guys have no idea what you're in for
i'm lead audio engineer at earwolf.

please check out my band scattered suns.

find me on twitter @brettsbrain.

#17 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Every time I go to the Earwolf front page today, I'm delighted by how similarly Andy is positioned in the main episode photo and the show logo.

#18 Pepper R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Dammit, for years I thought Matt Gourley was the other guy (more AD Miles lookin guy) in the superego picture.

#19 VampiresVampiresVampires

Poet Laureate of the West

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationLand Virginnie

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

Wow! The number one comedy podcast on iTunes, and the number 3 overall. I subscribed and rated it to do what I can to help keep up the awareness of this. Now I clench my teeth in awful anticipation for two months.

#20 Cameronm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

This is going to be awesome! I was at that show in San Diego they mentioned, got to meet Scott (who I am pretty sure I freaked out with my enthusiasm which is a plus) and Andy (who was about the nicest person ever.) If I can ever figure out how to change my profile picture I am going to put up the picture I have with Andy.