Episode 11 — Jake Fogelnest, Our Close Friend

86 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

Sean and Hayes celebrate the season of Goldie Nods by talking about how much they crushed in the comedy noms department and sharing their love of the music in the Coen bros film Inside Llewyn Davis. Then, child star JAKE FOGELNEST drops by to chat about his Hollywood upbringing, taking the Disney route, believing in the power of buzz, his big meeting with Grumpy Cat, and his role in the Third Wave podcast movement.

#2 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

You guys are really helping me decide what films to laugh at. #Fogelblessed

#3 OcterDoctopus

Gelmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationJC Penney, Pennsylvania

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

I am really looking forward to Jake Fognestle stepping forward as the first brave show guest to comment on their own episode. It will BLAZE MAJOR TRAILS for future guests (Frankcis Muniz, Brett Gelman, so on). Btw, this was a good episode.

#4 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

You know who busts my whole shit up?

Sean and Hayes.

Chanson Out.

#5 AndyKneis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostOcterDoctopus, on 17 December 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

I am really looking forward to Jake Fognestle stepping forward as the first brave show guest to comment on their own episode. It will BLAZE MAJOR TRAILS for future guests (Frankcis Muniz, Brett Gelman, so on). Btw, this was a good episode.

Yeah join the party Jake!! Wooo look how much fun it is to post

#6 OcterDoctopus

Gelmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationJC Penney, Pennsylvania

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Everyone (except Chanson) please LIKE Jake's upcoming posts.

#7 Haggplant Parmesialex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Tanks for picking my insightful question. Fuglynuts had a lot to articulate on the subject.
No tanks for butchering my username. Hint: It sounds like this and should make you hungry like this.
^That's a nod to some old dusty earwolf podcast from the glory days.
Besides that major fuck-up, great podcast this week!

View PostMattCameron, on 17 December 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

You guys are really helping me decide what films to laugh at. #Fogelblessed

I think the Golden Gloves made a huge blunder and accidentally switched drama and and musical/comedy headers on their press release!! That would explain how Rush, the sequel to Talladega Nights, got labeled a drama.

#8 Bruce Reid Robinson II

Over-educated and under-employed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationChecking out the beavs in Corvallis

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'M JUST GLAD JAKE FINALLY DECIDED TO COME FORWARD AND EXPLAIN THE GRUMPY CAT "INCIDENT." HE HAS BEEN FAR TOO QUIET ABOUT IT IN THE PRESS AND THIS IS THE PERFECT FORUM FOR HIM TO OUT WITH HIS SIDE OF THE STORY.
Posted Image

#9 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Et Tu OcterDoctopus?

#10 Inner G'

Rockin' those joules on my chain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

That was a big 10-4 (the Citizens' Band radio term for "message received) on the shout out guys.

I so much preferred the new name over that Tablet-ruining sweet piece of ass because my old CB name was "The Barn Swallow," and nearly nobody ever wanted to talk to me about ornithology/birding.
Release the power of your Inner G'

#11 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostHaggplant Parmesialex, on 17 December 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

I think the Golden Gloves made a huge blunder and accidentally switched drama and and musical/comedy headers on their press release!! That would explain how Rush, the sequel to Talladega Nights, got labeled a drama.

That must be why I wasn't bussin up in Her apart from when Joakim Phonics was eating hoagie! That made me laugh and laugh.

Hey guys. Has anyone ever noticed that "Hayes" & "Sean" is an anagram of "Hyena Seas?" I can't be the first to notice this, right?

#12 greggy

rillist thing runnin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

that jake guy had a lot of stuff to say
i would say mean things about him but he said he LIKEs trolls, i am pwerless

#13 Jake Fogelnest

Presented in 70mm

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Sorry, been so busy with multiple meetings and the general hubbub of showbiz that I didn't realize my episode had dropped. I plan on tweeting out the show soon, but I'm waiting for prime time. I just shot out a promotional tweet for the new Christmas "Puddin'" with Eddie Pepitone and The Best Show starts in 45 minutes. As soon as some quality "promo space" clears up, I'll get that tweet out there!

Really love what the fellas are doing on this show. It's nice to have a safe environment to talk shop without having to dumb it down for the plebs. Strong insider community we've got here. Enjoy your holiday, but more importantly, enjoy your guild screeners!

#14 Michael Bay of Pigs

Formerly Bill Russell Crowe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationBroward Country, Florida

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Thanks Jake. We've got a real skull and bones vibe going on here and I heard you're a total anatomy nerd. Your humerus attitude is a perfect fit for this podcast, so please come back soon. Cause me nots tellin any fibulas when me says, me thinks ya just won best episode of the year buddy. Me thinks ya got the gold.
^cool post

#15 CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD

coward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

www.reddit.com
I don't have any electronics and food is hard to come by

#16 greggy

rillist thing runnin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostDEATHMAN, on 18 December 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

www.reddit.com

#17 greggy

rillist thing runnin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

shout out to weird twittermen @babyfucker @dogclits @weedlordbonerhitler69420 @the_real_buckkethead @smasheggs @idiotfukkr

#18 The Narnold

Skrimps

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Guys I'm starting to think that this show isn't about Hollywood Florida, excuse my language but what the EFFFF
Twitch.tv/Narnoldpt

#19 Valerie Bryant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm gonna make my own Hollywood Handbook shirt soon if Earwolf won't throw me a bone. It's easy, Earwolf, just put Bai Ling on it or a fucking picture of Kulap and call it a day.

You goddamn shitheads.

#20 Hayzie Bone

Reality Show Show Host

• Host
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Greetings, listeners (fake alien voice)! Important news: Bryant Husskey of TV and movies has asked us to do a dramatic reading with him of one of the many scripts he has in the pipeline right now. He didn't want to choose which one, though, because his scripts are like his kids except they make more money and they're funnier. So you guys get to decide. Give us a name for a script of Bryant's you would like us to do the dramatic reading of, and we will perform whichever suggestion is, as they say in the Twitterverse, our "fave."