🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SlidePocket

Alexander (2004)

Oliver Stone's infamous biopic about the life of Alexander the Great, featuring Colin Farrell in a bleached blonde wig, Angelina Jolie talking like she's from Transylvania, and some moments that were supposed to be dramatic comes off as being laughable. Has a 16% on Rotten Tomatoes and was meant to be an Oscar contender, but instead got multiple Razzie nominations.

How has only one person suggested this movie? It seems like the perfect movie for Jason to dissect. You got a brutal misrepresentation of a Greek hero on par with Hercules in NY as well as some over the top homoeroticism and a totally bonkers sex scene with Rosario Dawson. I'd love to here Jason's take on all this nonsense Not to mention Vampira Jolie and Val Kilmer at his wildest since Dr Moreau. Please please do this movie

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, we need more users to hand out their thoughts on Alexander!

• Like 1

The length of this movie i'm sure makes it hard for the team to commit, but good lord its hard to think of a more deserving movie than this.

• Like 1

This thread has me thinking about the kinds of movies that HDGTM really goes for:

1. Something that was aiming absurdly high and failed so miserably (This film, Gods of Egypt, The Jazz Singer, Battlefield Earth)

2. Something that was aiming low and still failed miserably (Howling 2, Sleepaway Camp, Star Wars Christmas Special)

3. Trying to rip off something else and failing so miserably (Mac & Me, Beautiful Creatures, Congo)

4. Weak celebrity vehicles, especially those with someone already famous "looking to get into acting" (Crossroads, Spiceworld, Kazaam)

5. Attempts to take an existing franchise (not always already a film one) "In a different direction" (Superman IV, Halloween III, Super Mario Brothers)

6. Notorious bombs/duds (Gigli, Stop or my Mom will Shoot, Batman & Robin)

7. Notoriously so-bad-they're-good movies (Birdemic, Zardoz, Gymkata, The Room)

8. Straight-up next-level bonkers stuff, regardless of its infamy (Face/Off, The Room, Hard Ticket to Hawaii, Surf Ninjas)

Hmm, I may need to give this one its own thread...

• Like 1

I highly doubt this one will happen based on the length of this movie alone. But which version would they do?

The Theatrical Cut of 175 Minutes

The Director's Cut of 172 Minutes 

"Alexander Revisited - The Final Cut" released in 2007 of 220 Minutes. Unnecessary

Regardless, June would opt out