🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AllieCoutts

Grind (2003)

The only way to watch this amazing movie is with the commentary on, as the actors rip the shit out of it and the director sits there and takes it.

Gaylord Films producer Casey La Scala makes his directorial debut with the teen comedy Grind. Just before entering college, young skateboarder Eric Rivers (Mike Vogel) decides to take a road trip from Chicago to California with his smart friend Dustin (Adam Brody) and his wacky friend Matt (Vince Vieluf). Despite their underdog status, they intend to make it big in the world of skateboarding in the wake of legendary touring skater Jimmy Wilson (Jason London). They end up recruiting a fourth teammember named Sweet Lou (Joey Kern) as Eric romances the film's token attractive female Jamie (Jennifer Morrison). Grind also features appearances by real-life pro skaters like Bam Margera, along with an energetic pop/rock soundtrack. ~ Andrea LeVasseur, Rovi (http://www.rottentom.../1124859-grind/).

• Like 1

Giving this a bump. It's spectacularly bad. And it's a guaranteed HDTGM film, since it has extended skateboarding scenes.

Plus it has Brian Posehn and Adam Brody, along with cameos by Bobcat Goldwaite, Christopher McDonald, Tom Green, Donald Gibb, Randy Quaid and Dave Foley.

It's written by a veteran music supervisor (his only feature writing credit) and the director didn't get another gig for over a decade. And women exist only to wear bikini tops and to be sexually harrassed.

It's a wonder with a terrible soundtrack and a number of scenes that make zero sense. Perfect fodder.

By the by, it's got two terrible taglines:

"Live Fast. Skate Hard. Die Laughing."

and

"To Air is Awesome"

When I was a kid there was this monthly digest called The Magazine Not For Adults. One month they had contest for anyone that wrote in will be entered to win Gind on DVD. At the time, skateboarding was huge at my school. I thought I'd be so cool being the kid who has the movie. And then I won! I watched the movie once than donated it. I was so disappointed

Sign in to follow this