🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode BO2013.1 — Best of 2013 Pt 1

Alas, we say farewell to another year but never fear because the best of 2013 episode of Comedy Bang! Bang! is here! There were sooo many good episodes this year that we had to step up the countdown to the next level. Making a rare appearance is special guest Paul F. Tompkins who helps Scott countdown numbers fifteen through twelve of the listener selected episodes of the year and some very special b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s clips. Stay tuned for Pt 2 to see which episodes YOU voted for made the list!

• Like 1

"Judge Judy and Executioner" is from Hot Fuzz/The Simpsons

• Like 2

I treasure the Best Of eps just for the propensity of Scott-PFT riffing; it's a beautiful thing to hear two people so in-sync with each other. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Also, A Peanut in the Rain isn't in the Top 10?! Its gotta be an all-time top 10 episode for me. Also bummed to hear about Goodfelines, but otherwise I'm feeling pretty good about the list so far.

• Like 4

I hear it so rarely I forget how wildly entertaining PFT is as just PFT. Just a hour of him and Scott riffing would be gold.

• Like 1

I hear it so rarely I forget how wildly entertaining PFT is as just PFT. Just a hour of him and Scott riffing would be gold.

It makes me miss the Pod F. Tompkast

• Like 4

Next year you should list the top 97 episodes.

Good list so far! Can't wait to hear number 1(1) to number 1.

• Like 1

Next year you should list the top 97 episodes.

Good list so far! Can't wait to hear number 1(1) to number 1.

Than just go listen to 210!

It's so great to hear Paul F. Tompkins on this episode. I wish he was able to show up more often. I suppose he's pretty busy, just wishful thinking!

• Like 2

As a former Chili Peppers super fan, Pepper Men is one of my all time faves.

Also, rock you like a Herman Caine.

If I didn't get to hear Ducky Powell at the end I would've flipped. What a nnnassty tasty thrashable podcast.

• Like 1

"I'm the biggest creep in the world."

Wish we could get an episode with just Jon Lennon interacting with other musicians the show has had on.

• Like 2

So happy that John Lennon, the biggest creep in the world, made another appearance. When I saw it was the best of episode, I was hoping for it from the first second and scott did not disappoint.

The Best Of episodes are some of my favourite episodes - not only because of the amazing episode selections and the b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s-s clips, but also because Scott Aukerman and Paul F. Tompkins have excellent comedy chemistry and clearly love riffing and being silly with each other. It's just the best. And the fact that we get four of these this year? I'm positively rollin' around with excitement.

On-topic note: I can't believe "A Peanut In The Rain" is only #12, but I'm hoping "Garry Unmarried" is yet to come on the countdown. And I was thrilled to see "Vicar Of Yanks" on here because Weird Al is always a favourite of mine.

Off-topic note: I'm so grateful that I was able to see the Toronto live CBB this year and I was able to tell Hot Saucerman and PFT how much their podcast work has meant to me and made me laugh in cruddy times. They couldn't have been nicer.

Thanks for an amazing 2013, Comedy Bang Bang!

• Like 2

Countdown schmountdown, we're burying the lede here - MY WIFE IS BACK! I haven't been this happy since my marriage underwent a trial separation and then my spouse returned.

Unreadable comment.

If only that were literally true!

Until the closing song (which I certainly won't complain about hearing again), it looked like the episode was going to end on one of my favorite moments of the year - "Is it the N word? ... Yes-and!"

• Like 5

I am also surprised that Peanut in the Rain isn't top 10 but I'm guessing that Peanut in the Rain and Garry Unmarried kind of canceled each other out in votes since people loved both and didn't want 2 Garry/Gilly eps in their top 10 since it was already so hard to choose 10. I know I chose to only pick one and chose Peanut in the Rain

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "MAH WIIIIIIIIIII111111IIIIFE" IS FINALLY BACK!!!!!!!!!! NOW I CAN FINALLY STOP HATING BILL HADER FOR KILLING IT!!! WHICH IS GOOD BECAUSE I REALLY LOVE BILL HADER!!!!!!!!!!

MAH WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countdown schmountdown, we're burying the lede here - MY WIFE IS BACK! I haven't been this happy since my marriage underwent a trial separation and then my spouse returned.

If only that were literally true!

Until the closing song (which I certainly won't complain about hearing again), it looked like the episode was going to end on one of my favorite moments of the year - "Is it the N word? ... Yes-and!"

You mean "MAAAAAH SPOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUSE!!!!!!!!!!!"

I was also glad to hear My Wife.

For those looking for more Scotty A and Pauly FT saying "my wife" they really should check out the newest Dead Author's Podcast where, as mentioned in this very episode, Scott plays the author of 'A Christmas Carol' and finds a way to work in a "my wife" or two. Great cross-podcast comedy there.

• Like 1