Episode BO2013.2 — Best of 2013 Pt 2

32 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,536 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

The best of Comedy Bang! Bang! countdown continues with Scott and special guest Paul F. Tompkins as they go count down numbers eleven through seven of the best episodes YOU voted for along with additional b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s clips. Much love!

#2 Puppycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

So I'm guessing the Top 6 is any arrangement of Time Bobby 2, Farts & Pro 3, Wompler's birthday, Halfway to China, Poehler Ice Caps, and Fieri Fight?

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Chico Davis episode though :(

#3 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostPuppycat, on 26 December 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

So I'm guessing the Top 6 is any arrangement of Time Bobby 2, Farts & Pro 3, Wompler's birthday, Halfway to China, Poehler Ice Caps, and Fieri Fight?

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Chico Davis episode though :(/>/>

I can't believe Two Thumbs and Not Much Else wasn't higher. That was my number 1 of the year. I think your calls are good, but I am going to be very surprised if Comedy Bleep Bleep doesn't make it over Fieri Fight. Not holding out much hope for Half a Score even though I loved it.

Edit: also shocked that the Holiday show wasn't higher, but that happens every year I feel like. Wish Bisco Boys was up there too.

#4 Memphish_Boognish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

Holy shit!

How the hell does the 4th Anny ep get #9? I thought it was going to be competing for the #1 spot, I'm disapointed other voters

#5 Memphish_Boognish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Nothing will ever top my disapointment for the best CBB ep of all time getting #4 last year though, still not over that

#6 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostMemphish_Boognish, on 26 December 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Nothing will ever top my disapointment for the best CBB ep of all time getting #4 last year though, still not over that

Yeah. I was also shocked by that. As much as I absolutely love FnP 1, I feel like that because of the behemoth of comedy that it was pretty much guarantees that any FnP sequel will be in the first or second spot. Not to target the Farts and Pro crew, but I think there were a lot of eps this year that got snubbed that were better than FnP 3, and I believe this to be a flub.

#7 Memphish_Boognish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostMattCameron, on 26 December 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Yeah. I was also shocked by that. As much as I absolutely love FnP 1, I feel like that because of the behemoth of comedy that it was pretty much guarantees that any FnP sequel will be in the first or second spot. Not to target the Farts and Pro crew, but I think there were a lot of eps this year that got snubbed that were better than FnP 3, and I believe this to be a flub.

I agree 100%

#8 PuncturedJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

I really liked Farts and Pro 3 and look forward to the fourth, but I didn't vote for it.

Two Thumbs and Not Much Else was by far my favorite PFT appearance this year and seemed to dominate the top ten lists in the AVClub comments, so I'm also surprised it didn't rank higher.

Puppycats' guesses sound mostly accurate... except for Fieri Fight.

#9 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

never scorn the wompler

rock and roll blue jeans and commercials for rye bread

#10 nonimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Literally agree a million percent! The Chico Davis one had my parents cracking up in my car when I went home for Turkeyday and had my dad asking what we were listening to so that's a double endorsement!

#11 sodapopcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

I hope we at least get a bbbonusss nod to Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder and All Farted Out

#12 Road Strange

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Really good to hear The Stallone Bros and The Bachelor Bros on the same episode!

#13 fishmandog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

If one of the bonus clips isn't Neil's rap about taking children from the pool to his house to teach them about sexuality, then I'm gonna go crazy.

#14 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

Fri-day Night LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!!!!

#15 Kevin Irmiter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

I think the love of Farts and Pro has died down a bit. I predict it will not be in the top 3, but we'll see it in the next episode. My prediction for the top 6:

1. Gary Unmarried
2. Time Bobby 2
3. Wompler's Birthday Bash
4. Comedy Bleep Bleep
5. Farts & Procreation 3
6. Poehler Ice Caps

Let's see how close I am!

#16 crashdavis81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

View Postsodapopcat, on 26 December 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I hope we at least get a bbbonusss nod to Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder and All Farted Out

YESSS!! Please at least a clip from Philip Traumatic Seymour Disorder! That episode is definitely in my top five this year, but I figured it was a longshot to make the list. James Adomian going back and forth between Philip and Paul Giammati was hilarious, plus I think it was the first episode with Todd.
= gold

#17 Aaron-Freaking-Singer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=NNmEVuzWpqo

#18 Dhezballah

test

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

I hope A Spiritual Journey gets a mention even if it's just a b-b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s-s mention, Joe Wengert as Shelby Orangina was hilarious, "Your grandmother wants to know if you remember when Charles Barkley hosted SNL and Nirvana was the musical guest" plus Adam Brody was a pretty great first time guest.

#19 Hunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'm hoping for Super Chums. The saga of Lon Smudge's Cal Tabs delighted me.

#20 Joe Lerini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

I will always love PFT's Werner Herzog. "Two Thumbs" should've been #1!