Episode 13 — Andy Daly, Our Close Friend

69 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

Sean and Hayes give some tips on how to get rid of your screeners the right way during Disk Tsk Tsk. Then, TV’s ANDY DALY stops by to open up about moving on from The Daily Show, tell us about his upcoming podcast project, play a character guessing game called “Yours, Mine, or Ours,” and speak on being unable to leave the funny zone as we reach into the Popcorn Gallery.

#2 Haggplant Parmesialex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

This is the first podcast I'm listening to in 2014 here in Samoa!

#3 CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD

coward

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostHaggplant Parmesialex, on 31 December 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Could you speak on time zones a little bit
I don't have any electronics and food is hard to come by

#4 Tim Treese

Founder/CEO of Hollywood Hitz Records

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationSanta Clara, CA

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostHaggplant Parmesialex, on 31 December 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

Do you know Quilten Picker Upper Taran Gilliam? (he mentioned Samoa in one of his scrips once). If so, speak on that.

#5 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

You know, after listening to this episode and then reflecting on it, I realized something; that Hollywood Insiders really need a safe space to talk shop. I guess I just assumed that the glamorous life you guys led was easy and full of nip-slips, hookers, crotch-shots, and coke-fueled rampages. Now I am realizing that you guys need a safe place too. Because it's hard out there for Hollywood types. I'm so humbled by you guys, Hayes and Sean, for taking the time to create a place for your fellow Hollywood Insiders to relax and just be amongst their own kind, away from the stress and terribleness of day-to-day Hollywood life.

Some real humanitarian shit you guys are doing. Real humanitarian shit.

#6 The Narnold

Skrimps

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Guys I've been sick with the flu for the past 5 days and its been really hard. I went to the doctor and he told me not only do I have a bad case of loving you, but that laughter is the best medicine. I was like well, thanks doc but I can't get laughter til Tuesday when my second favorite podcast (next to Gelmania of course) comes out. So basically doctors are frauds and if you're sick just listen to Hayes and Sean.
Twitch.tv/Narnoldpt

#7 burdrulz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

That was a very accurate depiction of Freja.

We've met and I will say she sounds almost exactly like a disgruntled new yorker who I guess needs some kind of incentive to bath.

#8 Haggplant Parmesialex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostDEATHMAN, on 31 December 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Could you speak on time zones a little bit

Of course. Being stuck in the time zone is a very scary place. I was trying to make my way into the funny zone, using the Showalter method of being quiet, but I messed up and now I'm here. You probably hear a lot of people say, "Not right now chef, I'm in the f**king zone!" at restaurants (if you've been to someplace that matters and know what those are). It's the same thing, sous-chefs get stuck in the time zone and they're trying to get out, but the boss chef is yelling at them and distracting.

So that's where I am now, and I'll probably be here until I leave.

#9 Haggplant Parmesialex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postgototimsvlogdotnet, on 31 December 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Do you know Quilten Picker Upper Taran Gilliam? (he mentioned Samoa in one of his scrips once). If so, speak on that.

Not personally, but I'm so excited for his reunion with Mondy Pythons because even though Ringo (arguably the best Pythons) died, those guys are still pee-in-your-trousers funny!

#10 Haggplant Parmesialex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostChanson, on 31 December 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

I'm so humbled by you guys, Hayes and Sean, for taking the time to create a place for your fellow Hollywood Insiders to relax and just be amongst their own kind, away from the stress and terribleness of day-to-day Hollywood life.

Some real humanitarian shit you guys are doing. Real humanitarian shit.

View PostThe Narnold, on 31 December 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

So basically doctors are frauds and if you're sick just listen to Hayes and Sean.

If Chanson and The Narnold haven't jerked your egos to completion yet, let me add that this episode did crack me up multiple times. Disk Tsk Tsk was so good I don't know if I'll ever been able to choose a favourite (Samoan spelling) segment.

On a side note, what other podcasts do ya'll forumers listen to besides this and Prairie Home Companion?

#11 The Narnold

Skrimps

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

As for other podcasts I listen to that I enjoy, the list has gotten smaller and smaller each year. Here's a list of shows I listen to weekly no matter what

Paranoia Shoppe
Comedy Bang Bang
If I Were You
Jordan Jesse Go!
Judge John Hodgman
Who/Two Charted (Except for the Steve-O ep)
Improv 4 Humans
How Did This Get Made?
Doug Loves Movies
James Bonding

Some others I listen to depending are
The Indoor Kids (sometimes they get a little too preachy about political correctness shit and seem to be unbiased a lot now)
You Made it Weird (Depending on the guest, you can only hear Pete say the same stuff so many times)
Dining With Doug and Karen

I might think of more later if that's not enough
Twitch.tv/Narnoldpt

#12 Chanson

not dead.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

I listen to these wonderful podcasts on a regular or semi-regular basis:

Jordan Jesse Go!
Stop Podcasting Yourself
International Waters
99% Invisible
On The Media
This American Life
Marketplace from APM
Inside Europe from Deutsche Welle
Ideas from CBC Radio Canada
Broadcasting House With Paddy O'Connell
Business Scotland
The Bugle
How Did This Get Made?

Everything else I pick up on 94.9 KUOW.

#13 greggy

rillist thing runnin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Location@TheGreggiest

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

if HH is out of the running improv4humans is best, then uhh yeah dude, then CBB then never not funny although really cbb is top but you probably already know about it so what the heck

some other ones i check out occasionally are lou reads the internet, doug loves movies (depending on guests( and dead authors (i would have that in the top if it came out regularly)

then pretend i said something weird on this bottom line
podcastsarewonderful.com: this week me and gordon ramsay talk about injuries, reality tv, and Reality Show Show episode 6 featuring Hayes Davenport, Sean Clements, and Dave Holmes

#14 Michael Bay of Pigs

Formerly Bill Russell Crowe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationBroward Country, Florida

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

My "fa sho yamo be listenin to this" list:
CBB
Improv4Humans
How Did This Get Made
Ten Minute Podcast
Doug Loves Movies
HH(obvy)

The rest I dabble in are:
Sklarbro Country
Cashing In with TJ Miller
Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast
Who Charted
You Made it Weird
Dining with Doug and Karen
And some times I go back and listen to old RSS eps to keep me bussin up.

I'm probably forgetting some. Anyone else on here like Ten Minute Podcast? I wish those guys would get to gellin' with Earwolf.
^cool post

#15 greggy

rillist thing runnin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Location@TheGreggiest

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

i forgot go bayside, one of my new favorites
podcastsarewonderful.com: this week me and gordon ramsay talk about injuries, reality tv, and Reality Show Show episode 6 featuring Hayes Davenport, Sean Clements, and Dave Holmes

#16 Inner G'

Rockin' those joules on my chain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hey peeps, I just wanted to take a moment to say that I had some good laughs in here in 2013.

If I don't die from stray bullets flying through my windows from people firing off some classy New Year's bullets down the street, I look forward to more giggles in 2014 :)
Release the power of your Inner G'

#17 greggy

rillist thing runnin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Location@TheGreggiest

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

View Postgreggy, on 31 December 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

i forgot go bayside, one of my new favorites

though if you check this one start with an earlier episode, i just started listening to this week's and the guest seems like a weird creep
edit: it got better, but still not a good intro to the show

#18 Valerie Bryant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:33 AM

I listen to most Earwolf shows. Aside from those my favorites are Judge John Hodgman, Mental Illness Happy Hour (unless the guest is too normal, then I'm like boo shut-up), The Todd Glass Show, How Was Your Week?, Janie and Aaron Does Hollywood, Totally Married, and The Long Shot Podcast.

Some of the funniest podcasting ever came from Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. Listen to episode one and live a little.

Mixing up Chris Rock's voice with Eddie Murphy's voice? How could that happen? I guess you probably think Chris Rock voiced the donkey in Shrek? Plausible, but no. Sheesh.

#19 Erika Thompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

I4H
CBB
TGS
NNF
HH
RSS (RIP)
DA
G

#20 MattCameron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

These are my other faves everyone:

CBB!
i4h
WC/TC
DLM
STHUJKLG
MWRPaAN
BTRRRRRRRRRRR
IGUANA
ND&DHJ
JK-KL

Also started listening to Bone Zone recently. Big fan of that one. Sorry, Earwolf.