🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 13 — Andy Daly, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes give some tips on how to get rid of your screeners the right way during Disk Tsk Tsk. Then, TV’s ANDY DALY stops by to open up about moving on from The Daily Show, tell us about his upcoming podcast project, play a character guessing game called “Yours, Mine, or Ours,” and speak on being unable to leave the funny zone as we reach into the Popcorn Gallery.

This is the first podcast I'm listening to

here in Samoa!

Could you speak on time zones a little bit

• Like 4

This is the first podcast I'm listening to

here in Samoa!

Do you know Quilten Picker Upper Taran Gilliam? (he mentioned Samoa in one of his scrips once). If so, speak on that.

You know, after listening to this episode and then reflecting on it, I realized something; that Hollywood Insiders really need a safe space to talk shop. I guess I just assumed that the glamorous life you guys led was easy and full of nip-slips, hookers, crotch-shots, and coke-fueled rampages. Now I am realizing that you guys need a safe place too. Because it's hard out there for Hollywood types. I'm so humbled by you guys, Hayes and Sean, for taking the time to create a place for your fellow Hollywood Insiders to relax and just be amongst their own kind, away from the stress and terribleness of day-to-day Hollywood life.

Some real humanitarian shit you guys are doing. Real humanitarian shit.

• Like 2

Guys I've been sick with the flu for the past 5 days and its been really hard. I went to the doctor and he told me not only do I have a bad case of loving you, but that laughter is the best medicine. I was like well, thanks doc but I can't get laughter til Tuesday when my second favorite podcast (next to Gelmania of course) comes out. So basically doctors are frauds and if you're sick just listen to Hayes and Sean.

• Like 2

That was a very accurate depiction of Freja.

We've met and I will say she sounds almost exactly like a disgruntled new yorker who I guess needs some kind of incentive to bath.

• Like 1

Could you speak on time zones a little bit

Of course. Being stuck in the time zone is a very scary place. I was trying to make my way into the funny zone, using the Showalter method of being quiet, but I messed up and now I'm here. You probably hear a lot of people say, "Not right now chef, I'm in the f**king zone!" at restaurants (if you've been to someplace that matters and know what those are). It's the same thing, sous-chefs get stuck in the time zone and they're trying to get out, but the boss chef is yelling at them and distracting.

So that's where I am now, and I'll probably be here until I leave.

Do you know Quilten Picker Upper Taran Gilliam? (he mentioned Samoa in one of his scrips once). If so, speak on that.

Not personally, but I'm so excited for his reunion with Mondy Pythons because even though Ringo (arguably the best Pythons) died, those guys are still pee-in-your-trousers funny!

I'm so humbled by you guys, Hayes and Sean, for taking the time to create a place for your fellow Hollywood Insiders to relax and just be amongst their own kind, away from the stress and terribleness of day-to-day Hollywood life.

Some real humanitarian shit you guys are doing. Real humanitarian shit.

So basically doctors are frauds and if you're sick just listen to Hayes and Sean.

If Chanson and The Narnold haven't jerked your egos to completion yet, let me add that this episode did crack me up multiple times. Disk Tsk Tsk was so good I don't know if I'll ever been able to choose a favourite (Samoan spelling) segment.

On a side note, what other podcasts do ya'll forumers listen to besides this and Prairie Home Companion?

• Like 5

As for other podcasts I listen to that I enjoy, the list has gotten smaller and smaller each year. Here's a list of shows I listen to weekly no matter what

Paranoia Shoppe

Comedy Bang Bang

If I Were You

Jordan Jesse Go!

Judge John Hodgman

Who/Two Charted (Except for the Steve-O ep)

Improv 4 Humans

How Did This Get Made?

Doug Loves Movies

James Bonding

Some others I listen to depending are

The Indoor Kids (sometimes they get a little too preachy about political correctness shit and seem to be unbiased a lot now)

You Made it Weird (Depending on the guest, you can only hear Pete say the same stuff so many times)

Dining With Doug and Karen

I might think of more later if that's not enough

• Like 4

I listen to these wonderful podcasts on a regular or semi-regular basis:

Jordan Jesse Go!

Stop Podcasting Yourself

International Waters

99% Invisible

On The Media

This American Life

Marketplace from APM

Inside Europe from Deutsche Welle

Ideas from CBC Radio Canada

Broadcasting House With Paddy O'Connell

Business Scotland

The Bugle

How Did This Get Made?

Everything else I pick up on 94.9 KUOW.

• Like 4

if HH is out of the running improv4humans is best, then uhh yeah dude, then CBB then never not funny although really cbb is top but you probably already know about it so what the heck

some other ones i check out occasionally are lou reads the internet, doug loves movies (depending on guests( and dead authors (i would have that in the top if it came out regularly)

then pretend i said something weird on this bottom line

• Like 6

My "fa sho yamo be listenin to this" list:

CBB

Improv4Humans

How Did This Get Made

Ten Minute Podcast

Doug Loves Movies

HH(obvy)

The rest I dabble in are:

Sklarbro Country

Cashing In with TJ Miller

Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast

Who Charted

You Made it Weird

Dining with Doug and Karen

And some times I go back and listen to old RSS eps to keep me bussin up.

I'm probably forgetting some. Anyone else on here like Ten Minute Podcast? I wish those guys would get to gellin' with Earwolf.

• Like 2

i forgot go bayside, one of my new favorites

• Like 2

Hey peeps, I just wanted to take a moment to say that I had some good laughs in here in 2013.

If I don't die from stray bullets flying through my windows from people firing off some classy New Year's bullets down the street, I look forward to more giggles in 2014 :)

• Like 4

i forgot go bayside, one of my new favorites

though if you check this one start with an earlier episode, i just started listening to this week's and the guest seems like a weird creep

edit: it got better, but still not a good intro to the show

• Like 1

I listen to most Earwolf shows. Aside from those my favorites are Judge John Hodgman, Mental Illness Happy Hour (unless the guest is too normal, then I'm like boo shut-up), The Todd Glass Show, How Was Your Week?, Janie and Aaron Does Hollywood, Totally Married, and The Long Shot Podcast.

Some of the funniest podcasting ever came from Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. Listen to episode one and live a little.

Mixing up Chris Rock's voice with Eddie Murphy's voice? How could that happen? I guess you probably think Chris Rock voiced the donkey in Shrek? Plausible, but no. Sheesh.

• Like 2

These are my other faves everyone:

CBB!

i4h

WC/TC

DLM

STHUJKLG

MWRPaAN

BTRRRRRRRRRRR

IGUANA

ND&DHJ

JK-KL

Also started listening to Bone Zone recently. Big fan of that one. Sorry, Earwolf.

• Like 1

That was a very accurate depiction of Freja.

We've met and I will say she sounds almost exactly like a disgruntled new yorker who I guess needs some kind of incentive to bath.

You must be pissed I never called you back after our night together since I thought we agreed we were going to keep our "meeting" a secret from the HH forum. Nice try putting me on blast here, bud, but it's not gonna work. P.S. I bathe in lavender-laced donkey milk every fucking day just like Cleopatra did. No incentive needed. Freja out.

• Like 10

Freja. You just won. I'm not sure what the competition is but I am certain that you just won it.

Some of the funniest podcasting ever came from Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. Listen to episode one and live a little.

I'm loving this recommendation so far. Did they stop for good in August? I have separation anxiety and I can't deal with the concept of another good podcast not being made for free, forever, just for my amusement :(

• Like 1

even up until then they were coming out sporadically so its possible there might be another one someday, but i wouldnt bet the farm on it

• Like 2

even up until then they were coming out sporadically so its possible there might be another one someday, but i wouldnt bet the farm on it

Does anyone know of the last betting scenario in which a farm was wagered? I want to say in Field of Dreams, but I'm probably way off.

P.S. Does anyone actually like spiders?