Episode 57 — Saving Trondoor

33 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

As the battle with the reptilian creature continues, it blindly attacks the dwarf guide Trondoor. Will our heroes be able to save him before he gets devoured? Tune in to find out and have a happy new year!

#2 arctycfox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

It sounded like the intervention didn't exactly go as planned. ahahahahhaaa, wonderful roll playing. i felt uncomfortable just listening to Mildred get stonewalled and then the rest of the group just moving on.

#3 Handinpants

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

I really am surprised that no one resorted to violence in dealing with Damien. I would have been unable to resist.

#4 seigfried77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

This was another awesome show!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 DrFields

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTijuana

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

Such good roll play.
I miss Amarth but Brian has upped his game with Damien and I am loving this show since.
Probably the most I've laughed in Nerd Poker.

#6 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

"Can you ask us before you do something evil?" loved that line. I think that would make it in the movie trailer of this game.
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#7 RobotsPajamas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostHandinpants, on 01 January 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

I really am surprised that no one resorted to violence in dealing with Damien. I would have been unable to resist.

Especially the Lawful Good character!
Super Happytime Fun Blog: The Robots Pajamas

Twitter: Robots PJs

Facebook: Robots Pajamas

#8 GolemGholaGoulashAgogo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSassy Lament Configuration

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

It took me three monthes to catch up, but I finally did! I love you guys; I have so many irrelevant critiques and observations to make.

#9 Bad Wizard

Resident Informed Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Bah Lawful Good is overrated.
Plus no one would of known Damien told the creature to attack.... common guys better roleplaying....
But Mildred's use of her magic hat was very nice.

To Quote Darth Helmet "Now you know that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

#10 wasinthehallway

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

Im usually late to comment but this episode was fucking amazing and then socks with tread was uttered and I had my body explode with uncontrollable laughter

#11 Ben K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Have these guys leveled up at all in the past 20-some (or more) episodes? Or has it been happening invisibly?

#12 DoctorGeniusPHD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostBen K, on 03 January 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Have these guys leveled up at all in the past 20-some (or more) episodes? Or has it been happening invisibly?

Sark has said in the past that he likes to do the leveling up during points in the campaign that feel like natural points/breaks, so you haven't missed anything since they last did it. I've been hoping that it will come soon as it seems the crew has gone through quite a few plot points since they last did it. They've had a bit of a rest, fully restocked and gotten some new equipment, had their magic items identified...it just seems like it would be good to happen before they start on the journey through the dwarven mines. But who knows!

#13 Invisisam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

I think they've leveled up off the air. Blackie is level 6 now, and the last increase on the air was either waaaaay back or the 4e-2e transition. Before they mentioned blackie is 6, I was tracking him as level 4.

They've also said that Damien is level 4.

#14 alucidzombie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Wow
So Roleplay
Much Awesome

Just wanted to say this episode had some awesome moments and great roleplaying. Loved everyone's involvement. The more you guys and gal get into it the better it gets!
Thanks for making this podcast, it is the perfect length for my commute and i look forward to it every week.

I was waiting for some leveling to happen before the trek into the tunnels, hope it wasnt and oversight!

#15 StevoDoccerson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSt. Petersburg, FL

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:09 AM

So the King and Trondoor are "VEXANS"? For some reason I know picture all of these dwarves looking/sounding like pleasant versions of Yosemite Sam.

#16 clancy

PDX Geek 777

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

So I lost it (in the office) when Damien said, "Can I point out that Trondoor lives to be LOUD and SMALL another day. So maybe no harm, no foul and lets just move on.". Flips hair. So glad he's going with. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Posted Image
My website: http://pdxgeek777.com/
Twitter: @PDXGeek777

#17 illnoise

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

A little weird that they're letting Damien get away with stuff like that, but let's not forget that it's Damien's name and face on the square .jpg and Damien's signing their paychecks.

Surprised they didn't ask the King for more recon info on G-more to find out what they're up against and prevent another Necromancer ritual slaughter. I can't wait to see them literally imprisoned by clones in Glinishmore and the "You're never stuck in Glinishmore" coming back to bite Sir Richard in the ass.

Let's also give props for Sark's awesome NPC roleplaying, and (non-bruce-willis) dwarf voices. He's killing it.

#18 rivetheart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

is there no new episode this week?

#19 qrter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Yep, we're skipping a week.

From Brian Posehn's Twitter today:

No Nerd Poker this week. Sorry! Holidays and everybody getting sick made skipping one unavoidable. Damien prays to Judas for quick return.

#20 Smatcheymo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

So I fell at work today after failing a save against a bag of towels but was much more unhappy about the lack of Nerd Poker than my busted knee. But if they're all sick I'm hoping for a fast recovery for them. Knees come and go, Nerd Poker hopefully is for forever.