🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 80 — Jack Frost: LIVE!

It's too close to my listening to say for sure, but this might have been my favorite episode of the show ever and it wasn't even a movie I've seen or cared about in any positive or negative way.

Kudos!

• Like 1

the musician that Paul mentioned Keaton studying with is Trevor Rabin, who also played guitar in the Jack Frost band. He is best known as the guitarist for Yes in the 90125 through Talk albums. He has also done several film scores including Armageddon and Glimmer Man.

• Like 1

If we're going solely by forum posts, you seem dated.

Ooh, that hurt.

This forum is a place for fans of the show to discuss the podcast in a positive way, if you don't like an episode or a guest or a joke don't complain about it here, go cry in your crib and wait for your mom to change your diaper you big baby.

• Like 1

I was at this taping at Largo and nearly shat myself with laughter. Zouks and Harmon were the perfect accompaniment to each other. There's nothing finer than seeing the seething rage of Zouks' face go off, especially when you know he's going to throw out a "next level bonkers" or a "fucking idiot"... it's perfection.

• Like 2

I was at this taping at Largo and nearly shat myself with laughter. Zouks and Harmon were the perfect accompaniment to each other. There's nothing finer than seeing the seething rage of Zouks' face go off, especially when you know he's going to throw out a "next level bonkers" or a "fucking idiot"... it's perfection.

I wish HDTGM would do a VPN show because it really is something else to see the hosts really getting into it. The live shows are always so fun because of it.

• Like 1

God I love these people. June was hilarious not expecting him to become a snowman.

Those were the best Second opinions yet. The last one with the reviewer building a snowman in the vain attempt to bring back dead relative had me in tears with laughter.

God I love these people. June was hilarious not expecting him to become a snowman.

Those were the best Second opinions yet. The last one with the reviewer building a snowman in the vain attempt to bring back dead relative had me in tears with laughter.

I have to believe that it was someone trolling in the reviews with that one.

When you guys were playing the clips of the Jack Frost band, I was really confused because I thought your live crowd was going nuts for that shitty music. I thought it was bad form for them to throw you under the bus like that.

I have to believe that it was someone trolling in the reviews with that one.

I thought the same thing, but Paul usually does a good job of weeding out the trolls.

• Like 1

Ooh, that hurt.

This forum is a place for fans of the show to discuss the podcast in a positive way, if you don't like an episode or a guest or a joke don't complain about it here, go cry in your crib and wait for your mom to change your diaper you big baby.

Yeah, man, if you don't love EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, why are you even talking?

You're younger than me.

For what it's worth, most of Dan Harmons' forced-urbanity was genuinely amazing; his outrage is not at all affected or ridiculous, this is a man who had public Twitter MELTDOWNS in 2011 and I have friends who genuinely thought he was suicidal for a long, long time. The man has insane pathos and rage.

But, you know, there are a few graves you don't spit on in my house. Henson and Jack Kirby are two of them. That's all I'm saying. To say "that movie's terrible" is a great example is a joke is a lie on behalf of whoever said it first.

Also, I wasn't trying to hurt you, just to get you to shut up.

Yeah, man, if you don't love EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, why are you even talking?

You're younger than me.

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. You're entitled to your opinion if you really do think the jokes were bad or Dan Harmon was bad or the show was bad. Who cares, that's your opinion. Your problem is that you're lobbing those opinions at people who have come together specifically to enjoy the show. It's like if you and your friends got together to talk about something, say basketball, because you all really love it then I show up and start bad mouthing it and telling you guys what a bad sport it is. You'd be pretty unhappy about that, too.

Oh, right. I forgot that rule about all older people being right, infallible, and entirely superior to youngins.

• Like 3

Such a shitty movie with so many great people in bit parts:

Paul F Tompkins, Dwezil Zappa, Moon Unit Zappa, Ahmet Zappa, Jay and John from Mr show, the dude from Full Monty

• Like 1

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. You're entitled to your opinion if you really do think the jokes were bad or Dan Harmon was bad or the show was bad. Who cares, that's your opinion. Your problem is that you're lobbing those opinions at people who have come together specifically to enjoy the show. It's like if you and your friends got together to talk about something, say basketball, because you all really love it then I show up and start bad mouthing it and telling you guys what a bad sport it is. You'd be pretty unhappy about that, too.

Oh, right. I forgot that rule about all older people being right, infallible, and entirely superior to youngins.

Or just objecting to being called babies by dorks.

Also, no, not really. I've loved the show for a long time, I'm allowed to find issue with it ON OCCASION. It's not like I came to this forum when I said to myself "Oh, Paul, what are you talking about?" when he said that no DJs used records in in 2006 after Deck the Halls, or that his twice-fold outrage at Pryor smoking in A KIDS MOVIE OH MY GOD, because those weren't things I cared about enough to say anything.

I wouldn't care if you started bad-mouthing a thing I liked, I'd just expect you to defend it because that's part of what a forum is.

Your point actually seems to be "please only say positive things about this podcast, it is all we want to hear." In which case, no, I won't if something genuinely makes me angry. This is the first and only time it's happened to date.

Seriously, talented people on the board, I love you when you get creative. Loved the "My dad is a snow spider" poster, now I think we need a picture of the yellow John Leguizamo snowman, that Dan Harmon was talking about.

• Like 1

@MrWompler @DarkArfs

What DarkArfs is failing to understand here as he continues to name call, demean, and attempt to make commenters 'shut up,' is that no one is trying to invalidate the legacy of Henson-- Harmon or otherwise. It's pretty clear Harmon was joking, and anyone who has replied to Dark Arfs has assured him of this. Nor are we (the dorks) calling Dark Arfs babies (plural), nor are we in any way questioning why a very grown man who is older than some (self-described), developed a rabid love for the Muppets in his adult years, well after he listened to such things as Denis Leary's first stand up album. We are who we are and we like what we like when we like them. Who. Cares?

But when you're acting like a garbage person with zero tact and no civility, people are going to tell you you're being awful. We already established DarkArf knows Harmon was joking. So now it's just chest-thumping on a messageboard while claiming he's intrinsically better than all others on the same board simply because he holds Henson in high regard and is possessed by a hilarious amount of poorly-focused righteous indignance.

"You're younger than me." That shit is so funny. I want to see that sentence on a tombstone.

(Frankly, and in all seriousness, I am very sad that this has detracted so much from discussing what was so great about this ep, which was EVERYTHING about this ep. I apologize for participating in this pointless string of conversation. What a waste of time)

• Like 7

"You're younger than me." That shit is so funny. I want to see that sentence on a tombstone.

I hope my tombstone says 'Garbage person with zero tact'.

• Like 6

So the takeaway from this thread is that we should all take huge dumps on Jim Henson's grave, right?

• Like 3

@MrWompler @DarkArfs

What DarkArfs is failing to understand here as he continues to name call, demean, and attempt to make commenters 'shut up,' is that no one is trying to invalidate the legacy of Henson-- Harmon or otherwise. It's pretty clear Harmon was joking, and anyone who has replied to Dark Arfs has assured him of this. Nor are we (the dorks) calling Dark Arfs babies (plural), nor are we in any way questioning why a very grown man who is older than some (self-described), developed a rabid love for the Muppets in his adult years, well after he listened to such things as Denis Leary's first stand up album. We are who we are and we like what we like when we like them. Who. Cares?

But when you're acting like a garbage person with zero tact and no civility, people are going to tell you you're being awful. We already established DarkArf knows Harmon was joking. So now it's just chest-thumping on a messageboard while claiming he's intrinsically better than all others on the same board simply because he holds Henson in high regard and is possessed by a hilarious amount of poorly-focused righteous indignance.

(Frankly, and in all seriousness, I am very sad that this has detracted so much from discussing what was so great about this ep, which was EVERYTHING about this ep. I apologize for participating in this pointless string of conversation. What a waste of time)

I don't know if they'll ever make up or if they'll be enemies for life, but man, if they ever meet face-to-face, that sex is going to be incredible.

• Like 3

Hmmmmm, when researching the "Who's older?" thing, I discovered that I'm one of the few on here that displays my actual age. If we're really going to determine who the oldest/wisest/most important people are here, y'all need to cough up some birth certificates. Show yourselves, cowards!!! I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't really mean that. I don't know what came over me...

In using the phrase "shitheel" in his inaugural post, DarkArfs made it immediately apparent that he is at least 20 years older than everyone else on the forum.

Given his antipathy toward Dan Harmon, and general demeanor, I just assumed he's Chevy Chase.

• Like 11

Such a shitty movie with so many great people in bit parts:

Paul F Tompkins, Dwezil Zappa, Moon Unit Zappa, Ahmet Zappa, Jay and John from Mr show, the dude from Full Monty

On the subject of Mr. Show's crazy presence in this film: there are multiple cuts to Mr. Show sketches and AT LEAST three M.S. alumni make appearance. Does someone know if there is any connection between the two? It can't be the writer, he has no real power in casting and editing. Was the director or producer a giant fan or connected in some way? And to pick the Ding Dong Burger skit too... the most profane sketch in the entire series and just cut it around the curses... there has got to be a story here.

• Like 1

Professional comedians, one and all. Populous glut of the actual Earwolf site. Don't know where you got "chest-thumping," though, nobody's ever called it that.

My take-away from this is that I've earned the enmity of...what. 4 people (vocally, there might be more who just haven't said anything), for bashing Harmon's bashing of Henson? (Fine, it was a joke. "No, no, that movie is terrible" is a joke, don't know what I was thinking, I just think it was a TERRIBLE one, really, along with "48 years of garbage..." Solid, solid jokes. I would even, were I more inclined, use "garbage person with zero tact" to describe Harmon's jokes.)

Oh, and that because I said someone was younger than me, everyone thought that was funny, so that must have been a joke, too. I said it initially because I balked at a 19-year-old calling me a baby, I think. Ah, who cares,

Actually, that's my take-away from this. "Who cares." I don't care about Harmon, or what he says, it just took away from my enjoyment of the episode...that and his and (his alone of the panelists, eerily enough) absolutely MAD cackling at the second opinions, that was kind of distressing.

Who said I needed tact?

And that will be on my tombstone.

I don't know if they'll ever make up or if they'll be enemies for life, but man, if they ever meet face-to-face, that sex is going to be incredible.

I don't think I'd ever have sex with someone with a Homestar Runner avatar. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way about William Regal.

Sign in to follow this