🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 80 — Jack Frost: LIVE!

Dan Harmon joins Paul, June, and Jason to discuss the Michael Keaton classic Jack Frost in another LIVE episode recorded at Largo in Los Angeles! They talk about George Clooney’s connection to the movie, the snowman’s journey from bad dad to bad husband, the premise being identical to that of a horror movie, and the emotional roller coaster June was on while watching the movie. May you all have snow dads!

• Like 1

Holy crap, I didn't expect Dan Harmon! Huzzah!

SERIOUSLY! Between Dan on HDTGM? and Jeff Davis on Totally Laime, Harmontown apparently is working on its podcastian diplomatic relationos! lol

So, this Jack Frost didn't get a sequel (and why would it), but the other Jack Frost did. Well, that's certainly a thing.

Holy shit, the keyboardist was Robert Baratheon....

SERIOUSLY! Between Dan on HDTGM? and Jeff Davis on Totally Laime, Harmontown apparently is working on its podcastian diplomatic relationos! lol

I'm all for Harmontown crossing over to various Earwolf podcasts, it became one of my unmissable podcasts last year. Hopefully Jeff Davis will follow up on that promise to do Analyze Phish.

• Like 1

"What I couldn't imagine...

in my wildest dreams...

...is that he was going to become...

a SNOWman."

June is the best.

• Like 8

I'm going to call it: best episode ever.

It also warmed my heart that someone read some exerpts from Ebert's review of the film, which is one of the best bad movies reviews ever.

• Like 1

A few questions/notes:

1. One of the very last shots is following the dog out the door and starts going out into the street. Why? Where is he going? I don't understand this!!

2. I'm so confused by how everyone is dressed in this movie. It is a sno-pocalypse and every single person is wearing their jackets open, no gloves and no hats. I get it was on a studio, but Jesus Christ can they at least dress like they are cold?

3. Jack is always "alive" when he's the snowman. So when everyone goes to sleep or just is in the house during the day... Is he just standing around? Is he talking to himself? He's doing nothing.

4. That sleigh is crazy. Where or how would the family ever use that. Either way, did Keaton really expect his tiny dog to pull him to the game? And he clearly whips him. Why the fuck do you need to whip your dog?!

• Like 2

i dont usually post in this bored but this was the best episode of this show ever, good work hdtgn team, love you

• Like 2

I just know I won't be able to go to bed tonight until someone posts the link to the Amazon.com review that Paul did not print out because he didn't want to upset June... Oh Well...

And for those of you who don't know... (And hopefully for the "Corrections & Omissions" segment in a future mini-episode ;) )

As of March 1989 Warner Bros.(Time Warner) owns DC Comics and since then every DC Comic Super Hero movie is released by Warner Bros. Pictures... Even "Green Lantern" :P ( http://en.wikipedia....ime_Warner_unit http://en.wikipedia....ed_on_DC_Comics )

My guess is that since they own the rights to Batman and Superman it didn't cost them anything to put the Batman-headed Superman action figure in the film...

P.S.: This episode was gold!!!

I'm going to call it: best episode ever.

It also warmed my heart that someone read some exerpts from Ebert's review of the film, which is one of the best bad movies reviews ever.

I too will back you up on that call and I'm only twenty or so minutes into the episode. The Clooney/Keaton stuff blew my mind, as well as the connections of bad ice puns. Harmon's the best HDTGM guest ever right now, just because his insight and philosophy is so hilarious and digs so deep into the tone of the film.

And of course, June is always mind-blowing with things she discovers.

Dan Harmon fits this show perfectly. His outrage and sarcasm duel with Jason was amazing and his reaction to the first second opinion tied a nice bow on the absurdity.

Zouks with the shameful self outing of X-men lore. Though I think it was Cassandra Nova that wiped out Genosha with Sentinels. And now I have outed myself.

That first "second opinion" was really upsetting.

The best collection of second opinions of all time. You could make a dour German art film from any one of them.

• Like 3

I'm only 5 minutes in and already the pure energy and passion the hosts and Harmon are bringing to this is fantastic.

Edit: Holy shit, June.

Fuck I needed this! I knew it was going to be amazing.. HDTGM fully delivered and i'm truly grateful thanks!! plus Harmon bbbbnous it couldn't get any better!! start to finish classic

That first "second opinion" was really upsetting.

And to think that that WASN'T the one that Paul thought was the most upsetting. You'd think that this was Darren Aronofsky's "Jack Frost" or something.

• Like 1

Considering that the Jack Frost horror movie is completely on youtube, this needs to be done on the show. What's more confusing is that this movie came out a year before Keaton's film and stars a pre-American Pie Shannon Elizabeth (she was the snowman rape victim). This movie is completely nuts and deserves a Jason freakout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM-_eSWbI2A

• Like 1

You guys forgot to mention that Jack Frost was the last notable film Michael Keaton starred in before going into semi-retirement. He would not appear in another major theatrical film for six years until he played the President of the USA in the Katie Holmes bomb First Daughter. Other notable stuff Keaton did since then was in White Noise, Herbie: Fully Loaded, Post Grad, The Other Guys and he has two films out this year: the action flick Need for Speed, and the remake of Robocop.

• Like 2

Considering that the Jack Frost horror movie is completely on youtube, this needs to be done on the show. What's more confusing is that this movie came out a year before Keaton's film and stars a pre-American Pie Shannon Elizabeth (she was the snowman rape victim). This movie is completely nuts and deserves a Jason freakout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM-_eSWbI2A

I would argue that that's a less disturbing-looking snowman. This was also followed by a sequel where the killer snowman goes to Hawaii or the Bahamas or something, or at least the resort set from the "Saved By The Bell" summer job episodes.

• Like 2

You guys forgot to mention that Jack Frost was the last notable film Michael Keaton starred in before going into semi-retirement. He would not appear in another major theatrical film for six years until he played the President of the USA in the Katie Holmes bomb First Daughter. Other notable stuff Keaton did since then was in White Noise, Herbie: Fully Loaded, Post Grad, The Other Guys and he has two films out this year: the action flick Need for Speed, and the remake of Robocop.

Yeah it's good to see him having a mini resurgence in his career as he was a good actor to play either the menacing psycho or over the top crazy guy.

I would argue that that's a less disturbing-looking snowman. This was also followed by a sequel where the killer snowman goes to Hawaii or the Bahamas or something, or at least the resort set from the "Saved By The Bell" summer job episodes.

Yeah he also had like killer snowballs to help kill people. These movies were so much better comedies than this movie could ever hope to be.

Sign in to follow this