🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 163 — A Squirmy Squirmy

Find out if Community’s Gillian Jacobs is a dark horse on today’s Who Charted! Friends, Pittsburgh, and Prince are all discussed during the Billboard Heat Seekers Songs chart along with the debut of an all new Music Chart theme! Then, we hear about Gillian’s experience watching The Wolf of Wall Street with her mom while counting down the Movie Chart. Finally, Gillian gives Howard some advice in his search for romance during the Tweet Chart!

That Tunes Chart theme is simply incredible. You guys have played it on Whooch or Tooch before, because I've definitely heard it before. The "hee-haw!" in the middle is amazing.

• Like 1

LOVED the Pittsburgh candor. I get so tired of hearing it's best place to live from a whole lot of young people who don't live there anymore...

Ooh, and Tartan talk. Loved that, too.

MacLaren_Tartan.jpg

• Like 3

Yay for having the former Mrs. Gary Marshall on Whooch!

Gillian is one the best Earwolf guests and having her viewpoints on the Charts has made the workday that much better! She's witty, funny as heck and just flat out awesome.

And speaking of tartans....

Scotsman%20on%20Horse.jpg

Kremer probably just forgot, but Prince *did* hold a huge press conference back in the early 90s where he explained why he was changing his name. Though he's kind of waffled on the reasons over the years.

That Tunes Chart theme is simply incredible. You guys have played it on Whooch or Tooch before, because I've definitely heard it before. The "hee-haw!" in the middle is amazing.

I spent a good amount of time on it and liked it, then when I played it on the show Howard hated it so I never played it again. Cody must've dug it up. Did he react badly?

• Like 2

Yay for having the former Mrs. Gary Marshall on Whooch!

Did anyone else get a very Garry vibe when she said "IT HAPPENS!"?

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Howard paraphrased "What's That, Huh?" when they were discussing Gilly's obstacle course strategy.

He was just completely bewildered. He had absolutely no recollection of recording it. I say bring it back!

I spent a good amount of time on it and liked it, then when I played it on the show Howard hated it so I never played it again. Cody must've dug it up. Did he react badly?

• Like 1

I'm a Mclaren, and held Gillian's gaze for a solid three seconds at the UCB in September. Coincidence? Perhaps. Deep soul recognition that we were tartan buddies? Much more likely.

47:02 - If there's nothing new under the sun, there's one thing left to do: look ABOVE the sun. There has to be something new there, but you will probably be blind at that point and will be unable to appreciate it. IRONY.

Being a recent Ohio State alum, my ears perked up at the Buckeye mention at the beginning. Then Howard mentioned he went to his sister's graduation a couple years ago... right around when started talking about "the evil guy," I realized that I, along with ten thousand other people, graduated with Howard's sister. There's a good chance Howard is a speck in here somewhere...

post-90147-0-52084100-1389915905_thumb.jpg

That aside, Gillian was enjoyable as always. Hopefully one day she'll stop getting tortured about Words With Friends...

what's the song they play when they first introduce Gillian?

Katy Perry & Juicy J - Dark Horse. Hence all the dark horse conversation.

Happy Birthday Lu.

And can Gillian be the guest every week please.