🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jackstar7

The Pirate Movie (1982)

I fucking love this film. I first saw it on HBO in the mid eighties, and had a VHS copy for the longest time.

As I grew older, I began to realize how terrible the film is, but I nonetheless love it. I also use it for a very special purpose.

Whenever I am going to see a movie that's disappointing, I put this on first. That way, whatever I watch, I know it won't be the worst thing I see that day, (and because this film will always be a favorite, I don't mind watching it that way). I imagine you guys use the Wicker Man for the same reason.

This movie has so much you guys could talk about, that it would be a travesty to not have you guys watch and review it.

• Haha 1

Its kind of hard to do a spoof movie. Even if the jokes are terrible.

Otherwise i'd be shocked that they hadnt already done Top Secret!

I could see Jason making a lot of happy ending jokes. the song happy endings in the film, never mind.

BTW I remember seeing this in a mini theater in the 80s, it was a horrible painful experience then. that and "annie"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V93_rDhxrXk

The only good part about this movie is this scene, as you get to walk out of the theater after it. hehe

Enjoy, your welcome.

Note:afterthought I don't think I could ever watch this movie again. it was that bad the first time.

This movie is a guilty pleasure, but it seems so bloody unlikely. I truly want to know, "How Did This Get Made?"

(The DVD also has one of the worst audio commentary tracks in history)

I've given it 2 1/2 years. Now I am bumping this.

Please do The PIrate Movie. I will supply DVDs/Digital Files for hosts and guests.

• Like 1

It's been another two years, so I am back to bump this.

Also, now that I work somewhere else, I will confess that while I was with EW I purchased copies of the movie and left them for the gang in their mailbox. I really hope it makes it into the queue at some point.

@HDTGM movie suggestion: THE PIRATE MOVIE is available on YouTube for free.  Feel like this movie was on a loop through when I was growing up but rarely come across people who’ve seen it. Hope you consider it for the show:

How to explain The Pirate Movie? It's like they were hoping for a success like Grease, only they built the script of this "musical" around The Pirates of Penzance and added some truly awful original songs. Then, they cast Christopher Atkins and noted straight person Kristy McNichol as the romantic leads, and well, you can see the result:

Sign in to follow this