🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 16 — Grace Helbig, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes quickly dig into some blind items as they name names and Draw the Blinds Up on Hollywood’s biggest stars. Then new media celeb GRACE HELBIG drops by to give listeners some tips on how to create a presence online and explain how vlogging on YouTube is very different than Saved by the Bell. Finally, Grace tells us which A-List Hollywood celebs she would most like to see fail as she reaches into the Popcorn Gallery.

Great show this week, but who turns down watching The Color Purple? I was expecting Grace to do a scene by scene analysis, but of course, the "queen of youtube" was above watching any videos that weren't her own. Big missed opportunity there :-/

• Like 7

Wait a minute, Sean and Hayes want people to suck their feet? Toes? Knees? I don't get it.

Vroom Vrooooooom!

• Like 2

Grace Helbig was fantastic! I'm kinda upset that Grace, who has clearly been reading past topics on the forums, still believes that I am you guys. Very disappointing.

PS - I don't think I'm mean-spirited. I'm just intolerant and impatient. It's different.

• Like 2

this was a good episode, great job i am proud of you guys

• Like 3

I don't think I'd say that Chanson is mean spirited. He's more of a cornball brother.

Good show this week, can't wait for new Work of Holics tomorrow, Gelmania is still a better podcast, byeeeeee

• Like 4

Was it just me or did Grace seem a little condescending when she was "helping" turn on the computer? I mean, I get that you use your computer all the time, Grace, but SOME PEOPLE have assistants that do that for them (Sean and Hayes (the hosts)).

Also, I was expecting a little more insight on who Grace wants to see fail. Obviously, Chris Brown was a great example. But what about famed anti-semite Mel Gibbons or plagiarizing leading manboy Shia LaBrock?

And, to speak on Chanson, I think he's usually pretty nice, but god damn if he doesn't love Seattle. Good call, guys.

• Like 2

I'm also quite vain. Maybe verging on conceited. I also have elitist tendencies. Sometimes I don't listen to other people when they're talking. I rarely take the advice of others into consideration when it comes to my own actions. I'm easily distracted. I don't like onions or mushrooms. I like to be in control. I am quick to judge people on their actions. I'm excessively stubborn. I don't have enough faith in myself. I overthink things oftentimes.

Those are some of my other flaws.

That said, this mean-spirited jab is going to cause a lot of soul-searching. I thought this was supposed to be a comedy podcast. Not a therapy podcast.

• Like 3

Hmm kinda getting mixed messages on the Popcorn Gallery theme here. Longer? Shorter? Samsung Galaxy S4? Not sure whether to listen to my new good friend Grace or my old pals Sean, Hayes, and Engineer Sam.

• Like 7

Grace was really good, I was surprised she could handle herself so well around actual celebrities and knew how close to be to the microphone so her voice could be picked up

• Like 2

keep the ideas flowing chanson i think we're close to the bottom on this one

also congraduations andyknees, regarding changing the theme maybe just the popcorn/drum parts with another show quote or two? idk, im no musician, i cant even sing off keys

• Like 4

Hey Hayes since we're bros can you hook me up with Grace's number? I'm assuming she'd be into an overweight unemployed nerd in Pittsburgh.

• Like 2

Great epi (episode) as usual. I guess what I liked most about it is that the virtual clogging community got a little love. And to think, I thought I was the only virtual clogger (or vlogger for short) out there! I guess I'll have to check out this engineersamtube.com or whatever once I get my rock tumbler connected to the wifi.

Speaking of which, I have some really, really nice rocks I'm trying to unload for cheap if you guys want to check out my antsy. ...I put all my rocks by a big ant hill.

Bye.

• Like 2

This episode was grade a funny.

couple notes.

1. I grew up in Louisville, and I don't know if you guys realize the pull Papa John has there. He's like the biggest thing ever, and he's the most down bro ever. He's been there for me so much in my life. The time jimmy and some of my other bros 'took it too far' with that skank tina. The time Jimmy accidentally killed a homeless man. That time Jimmy and Craig gambled all of my cousins dads dealership money away. That time our bro Darren got tina pregnant again. That time we were at the UL UK game and we got in that big fight with all the people. whoa.

and also that time we just needed like 45 zas

I will say, i still love that pizza

I got so side tracked i forgot all the other fun points I was going to make about the episode.

• Like 3

Are they going to get on Stitcher or what? I don't like having to go to the website on my phone and play the sound cloud.

You could always use that terrible Podcast app

Hmm, why did they keep calling him Grace instead of Dom?

• Like 1

So, I got to thinking, and I know I'm gonna have to fight you guys on these, but I have some other people I would love to see on the show.

Jason Mantzoukas

Jenny Slate

Bo Burnham

Nick Kroll

Jesse Thorn

Jimmy Carr - That might not be as easy as the others... I don't know. You guys are big shots. Just throw your dicks around.

That's my list for now. Again, Grace was awesome. Maybe a little confused. But awesome.

PS - Anyone else you guys think should be on the show? There's got to be other people right?

• Like 2

ron funches might be too nice to fit the vibe but i love him

• Like 4

I'd love to hear the following on here:

Jon Glaser

Brendon Walsh

Rob Huebel

Chelsea Peretti

Jon Hamm

Jenny Slate

Martin Scorsese

• Like 5

Brett Gelman

Frankie Muniz

Hayes and Sean moms call-in show, where they explain the biz back home to people who still just don't get it. This would be a good holiday times idea, maybe

• Like 4

I'd love to hear the following on here:

Jon Glaser

Brendon Walsh

Rob Huebel

Chelsea Peretti

Jon Hamm

Jenny Slate

Martin Scorsese

I agree that Jonny G would be hilarious on here, as well as Robby, as well as Chelz.

However, I disagree about Marty because he just doesn't have enough star power. This is Hollywood Handbook, not Hollywood Handout.

• Like 1