🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 117 — Meaty Meaty Hands

Jeff Hiller, Jon Gabrus, and Mike Still follow the journey of a man with meaty meaty hands, reveal their inner monologues when pressure arises, and see if the greatest directors can answer simple questions on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! Plus, we see what might happen if airlines allow cellphone usage in another edition of What’s Bothering You. You can now get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual at http://ucbstore.com/books/the-upright-citizens-brigade-comedy-improvisation-manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com! Humans of San Francisco, there will be a LIVE improv4humans on Sunday, February 9th as part of SF Sketchfest. Go to www.sfsketchfest.com for tickets.

Another GOAT contender. improv4humans is the greast comedy out there right now, in any medium.

• Like 2

Three fucking Best Of contender sketches in a row. Holy shitballs. The "Meaty Hands" sketch and the "Vase" sketch had me hurting I was laughing so hard. I'm not even done with the episode yet.

Also, Mike Still is so great.

• Like 1

I'd love to see the youtube links in the episode description or someplace!

Last week i was in love with Lauren Lapkus but i think Jeff Hiller has overtaken her spot

• Like 1

Best podcast in the Universe.

• Like 1

Also, Michael Bay just shit himself. I can smell it. It smells very bad.

Had to pause I was laughing SO HARD at the meaty meaty hands sketch. My face hurt from laughing.

I was kinda bummed out you didn't really dig into how fucking terrible of a human being that "pick up artist" guy is. The bit you did based on the video was funny and it sort of delved into that creep's belief that he is owed sex when he pays for a date, but did not touch on how this tattooed misogyny golem apparently also believes women are dogs that you need to express dominance over and ugh. Ugh. "Pick up artists." The fucking worst

• Like 2

careful if you keep negging the pua's they will just want to date you d-man

• Like 3

I've listened to the bit where they open the restaurant like 5 times now. This episode is ridiculous.

Great episode, but Besser's views on cell usage in airplanes make no sense. We can use phones on buses, or trains, or other crowded spaces; the no-phone rule for planes only exists because airlines were worried cell usage would interfere with navigation. When that proved to be a trumped-up concern, the rule stayed in place so airlines could gouge consumers with $15 Go-Go wifi.

Most of what we do with phones these days doesn't require voice. Why shouldn't I be allowed to text, email, and browse the Internet on a plane? Because of the paternalistic impulse to create an "unconnected" space for a few hours? And if someone next to me wants to make a quick phone call to, say, coordinate with the person picking him/her up from the airport, why shouldn't they be allowed to? Because it might annoy me slightly? Whether my seat mate wants to have a phone conversation or a conversation with the guy across the aisle, I don't have some inalienable right to silence. That's why I bring headphones.

look at this dude, bragging about his sweet headphones

• Like 4

Great episode, but Besser's views on cell usage in airplanes make no sense. We can use phones on buses, or trains, or other crowded spaces; the no-phone rule for planes only exists because airlines were worried cell usage would interfere with navigation. When that proved to be a trumped-up concern, the rule stayed in place so airlines could gouge consumers with $15 Go-Go wifi.

Most of what we do with phones these days doesn't require voice. Why shouldn't I be allowed to text, email, and browse the Internet on a plane? Because of the paternalistic impulse to create an "unconnected" space for a few hours? And if someone next to me wants to make a quick phone call to, say, coordinate with the person picking him/her up from the airport, why shouldn't they be allowed to? Because it might annoy me slightly? Whether my seat mate wants to have a phone conversation or a conversation with the guy across the aisle, I don't have some inalienable right to silence. That's why I bring headphones.

Silence is the foundation that serves as the basis for all creativity.

• Like 3

Silence is the foundation that serves as the basis for all creativity.

Well, sure, but that doesn't mean you're owed a cone of silence on a plane. It's a vehicle of mass transportation, not a library. Find your silent spaces elsewhere.

Well, sure, but that doesn't mean you're owed a cone of silence on a plane. It's a vehicle of mass transportation, not a library. Find your silent spaces elsewhere.

So what you're saying is, you're an annoying asshat who can't go 20 minutes without looking at their phone? I don't need some moron yacking about his mom picking him up at terminal 5 for family barbeque, while also having to breathe recycled fart air.

A plane has been a silent space, and douchebags on phones might take that away. Find phone time elsewhere.

Man I'm not even into the second bit and I already love this episode. When he started describing the ingredients for a barbecue sauce and then the whole premise getting twisted into opening their own restaurant. Fucking brilliant shit, boys.

Sign in to follow this