🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 60 — The Man Rats

As they continue through the underground passages, our heroes discover that the tunnels are infested with man rats and a battle ensues.

Funniest start of any episode. It took a while to get into the NP spirit, but holy shit, what a great start.

When this ep started, I thought I had downloaded the wrong podcast. Hilarious.

(side note for Gerry fans- I finally picked up a copy of Infinite Horizon and started reading it last night. It's really, really good. Check it out if you haven't already)

From the studio pics attached to the episode, it looks like Sarah's pregnant! Congrats Sarah! (She did amazingly well at trying to hide it in all of the previous pictures)

• Like 1

Holy hell! Now THAT'S a cliffhanger! A botch...Christ!

Was I the only one that laughed at Blaine's Wang Computer reference? I remember those stores quite well.

And the opening song...brilliant.

I'm hoping one of the great artists we have on the boards does a pic of Damian lighting up the tunnel..that was definitely metal.

Awesome episode...

-R

The opening confused me for a split second then had me quite literally laughing out loud. Hopefully 3 Inches of Blood returns next time :)

Or maybe next time start with "Lightning Strikes" by Lou Christie if they want to continue with the terrible song theme.

Always love a good, "It wasn't a chicken" reference.

Are the rat people Skaven? I know, different game... but you can't get any more rat people than Skaven.

• Like 1

From the studio pics attached to the episode, it looks like Sarah's pregnant! Congrats Sarah! (She did amazingly well at trying to hide it in all of the previous pictures)

I make it a habit to never acknowledge a pregnancy until the pregnant person officially says they are pregnant. They can be nine months along and I don't say crap.

• Like 4

Oh man! Never laughed out loud at the first "note" of nerd poker! On to the episode!

Why do I get this nagging fear that we're going to download next week's episode and it's going to be five minutes?

*theme song*

*earwolf boilerplate/ad*

*introductory chatting and catch-up*

*percentile roll for botch*

*outro chat*

*plugs*

*earwolf closing bumper*

I wonder if Sark would actually follow through with a total-party-wipe at the top of an episode if the circumstances and the rolls merited it, or would he fudge around it? Seems like we could have been quite close a few episodes ago, too, if cooler heads hadn't prevailed on explosives-handling...

• Like 1

I make it a habit to never acknowledge a pregnancy until the pregnant person officially says they are pregnant. They can be nine months along and I don't say crap.

Yep. I noticed the picture too, and I even think I might've noticed something in one of the pictures of earlier episodes, but I would never say something unless the person brings it up first. I'm a gentleman, after all!

• Like 1

My knowledge of certain items and second edition certainly isn't what it could be, but would a rod of lightning even need an attack roll?

Are the rat people Skaven? I know, different game... but you can't get any more rat people than Skaven.

I thought of Gutter Runners when the stealthy ones showed up.

• Like 1

My knowledge of certain items and second edition certainly isn't what it could be, but would a rod of lightning even need an attack roll?

Well they have admitted several times where they didn't know exactly how magic was handled and later corrected it, even in this episode it comes up.

I don't think it was actually an "attack" roll I think it was a "you're blindly firing a rod of lightning don't fuck it up" roll... and he did.

I thought of Gutter Runners when the stealthy ones showed up.

Glad I'm not the only super nerd here.

No, thats what I thought a well. Play enough Warhammer and Blood Bowl, Scavens will pop up.

Best / Worst ending ever.

That wasn't an ending! We've been hoodwinked! I demand my money back!

Sark.... you know Blacky Green Charisma is an automatic block to botches, right? I just want you to remember while my gun is pointed at your cat and Chokebot has your dog!

It's a Dice Tower isn't it?

I had no idea that was a thing, but back when they first described their cramped situation I started dreaming up something that is pretty much exactly that. Only difference is that I was thinking of incorporating pachinko-style rods along with--possibly instead of--the ramps.

If you want to 3d print the dice tower, here it is:

http://www.thingiver...om/thing:232982

Nice work! I may try to fork the design.

ETA: According to Wikipedia, these things have been around since at least the fourth century!

Just finished powering through the 60 episodes over the last month and a half. I was f*ing spoiled. I was able to load the next episode up immediately after finishing one. Now, I have to wait a f*ing week to hear Sir Richard drunkenly destroy man rats and Mildred pine for Billy Joel? Never-mind the cliffhanger botch! This SUCKS!

Oh ... and I miss Ell Ryan and his spirit bear in a non homo-erotic way. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edit: Added the botch cliffhanger. <doh>

Just finished powering through the 60 episodes over the last month and a half. I was f*ing spoiled. I was able to load the next episode up immediately after finishing one. Now, I have to wait a f*ing week to hear Sir Richard drunkenly destroy man rats and Mildred pine for Billy Joel? Never-mind the cliffhanger botch! This SUCKS!

Oh ... and I miss Ell Ryan and his spirit bear in a non homo-erotic way. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edit: Added the botch cliffhanger. <doh>

Wow, welcome to the now! This is the painful life you lead every week now, having to wait until the next one.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this