🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 75 — HALF OF THE BOTH

Ted Leo joins Jake to chat about his early musical influences, his time with the punk rock band Chisel, and forming The Both with Aimee Mann. He also gives a musician’s commentary for the music video “Bottled Cork,” plays an unreleased record live in the studio, and shares his thoughts on Teddy Bear the Porcupine. Don’t forget to check out all the videos from this episode are over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles! On Thursday, February 6th, Nitehawk Cinema in Brooklyn, New York will screen a 35mm print of Ladies and Gentleman: The Fabulous Stains featuring an introduction and Q&A by with Jake and Natasha Lyonne! Go to www.nitehawkcinema.com for tickets. Also, there will be a LIVE episode of THE FOGELNEST FILES with special guest CHRIS GETHARD on Friday, February 7th at Stage Werx as part of SF Sketchfest! Go to www.sfsketchfest.com for tickets.

• Like 3

The best part of Never Not Funny joining EarWolf, for me, is hearing Jake sing "L.A. Podcast" in the commercials for it.

Anyway, back to the show. Loved it. Love Ted. Love Aimee. Can't wait for the opportunity to buy The Both!

• Like 1

I hope you all enjoyed the music! It was a special treat for me to record and mix these performances. Great episode, Jake!

Love it! Ted is one of my favorite artists, and has the distinction of being someone I really got into specifically due to his association with alt comedy. I saw Ted and Aimee in concert a few months ago, and not only was the music great, but I can confirm that their banter is indeed hilarious.

I hope you all enjoyed the music! It was a special treat for me to record and mix these performances. Great episode, Jake!

Cody made this sound GREAT!

The best part of Never Not Funny joining EarWolf, for me, is hearing Jake sing "L.A. Podcast" in the commercials for it.

Love it, but it's a ripoff of Tom Scharpling, who did it years ago...

Jake is definitely doing it in tribute to Tom, not ripping him off. Jake hosted a Best Show salute on this very podcast weeks ago.

Jake is definitely doing it in tribute to Tom, not ripping him off. Jake hosted a Best Show salute on this very podcast weeks ago.

Absolutely a tribute. Those that get it, GET IT. Those that don't can just enjoy the ad!

Being able to borrow this riff is one of the perks of being a Sanctioned Podcast, I'd imagine.

Sign in to follow this