🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 269 — Smaug’s Kickstarter

You must know by now that Doug Benson loves movies, dining with Karen, and getting Doug right? Doug & cartoonist/author Paul Hornschemeier join Scott to talk about Paul’s new book “Artists Authors Thinkers Directors,” their all time favorite movies, and the Grammys. Later, Smaug the Dragon swoops in to share his distaste with his portrayal in the Hobbit films, tell us about his Kickstarter, and to play some of his folk parody songs. Plus, farts are discussed during a game of Would You Rather!

• Like 1

Oh wow! I never realized that where Scott likes to sit and where Matt likes to sit for their respective Earwolf shows works perfectly when the two sit together for a podcast. I have the time, so I'm going to review pictures for all of Matt's CBB appearances and see if they always do that.

UPDATE: Of the CBB episodes recorded in the current studio that provide pictures (#168, #191, #195, #201, and #239), episodes #191 & #201 displace Matt from his i4h spot. #191 was the 2012 Holiday Spectacular with a bunch of people cramming into the studio, so that's expected, and #201 Matt's sitting next to Scott. All other appearances has Matt sitting in his usual i4h spot. Neat!

• Like 5

Off to a good start with that subtle "flipping through a vagina" callback. I'm only five minutes in and I feel like this is going to be epic. Doug is hilarious on CBB and Matt is always ridiculous so why am I writing and not listening?

• Like 11

More people should play characters who barely know who they are and anything about the world they live in

• Like 7

Off to a good start with that subtle "flipping through a vagina" callback I'm only five minutes in and I feel like this is going to be epic. Doug is hilarious on CBB and Matt is always ridiculous so why am I writing and not listening?

I was going to mention how clever I felt for noticing this. Not only did you outclever me quicker, but I realize now that Mr. Aukerman probably tosses dozens of these per episode, most of which fly over my head. Quite an unsettling thought to start my week, despite my enjoyment of the episode.

High sounded less Doug than usual as well, which I think is beneficial to his delivery. I thought he was a very good guest.

Regards

Off to a good start with that subtle "flipping through a vagina" callback. I'm only five minutes in and I feel like this is going to be epic. Doug is hilarious on CBB and Matt is always ridiculous so why am I writing and not listening?

Also side by side was a callback to that same episode.

I realize now that Mr. Aukerman probably tosses dozens of these per episode, most of which fly over my head.

Also side by side was a callback to that same episode.

Suspicions confirmed. This is the worst day of my life.

Regards

Scott's Matt Besser impression sounded surprisingly a lot like Charlie Sanders's impression of Matt from I4H ep 77 (There There My Bear Bear)

I'm only half way through but I love how Smaug lost his English accent after the first sentence and is now vacillating between Matt Besser and Matt Besser with a southern accent! :D

• Like 5

IT'S BEEN far too long since Matt Besser was last on the show. He is right up there with PFT, Andy Daly, Lauren Lapkus and James Adomian in terms of character guests.

• Like 7

omg, smaug's songs are soo bad. i love them all.

fucking morrissey.

tears.

• Like 2

Suspicions confirmed. This is the worst day of my life.

Regards

Don't fret. Side by side was episode 131 and flipping through a vagina was episode 200 so don't feel bad about your referenceometer.

This episode killed me. I love it when Besser is on. 2014 CBB is kicking major butts so far.

• Like 1

im glad besser brought up the clearing of the chamber thing people who watch getting doug with high are soo fucking critical about everything on the show.. great episode classic bing bong players with a cool third guest haha

• Like 4

Doug and Smaug really played well off each other. I dig this low key stoner take on Smaug, it was like listening to Bob Ross as a slightly tragic dragon figure. Though who wouldn't want a Skim Tar baby?

• Like 1

Hearing Scott and Smaug's impressions of Besser was my favorite part. I feel like the secret to that impression really does lie somewhere between Owen Wilson and Jimmy Stewart.

• Like 1

Really fun episode, I just listed to and old episode with Andy Daly and Mantzoukas so the side-by-side remark being brought up all this time later is awesome. Great episode from beginning to end.

• Like 1

If you chose to duel the offspring of every animal you ever ate, but you do want to see Charles Grodin, then I suggest viewing Michael Cera's short film on Jash "Brazaville Teen-Ager."

This episode seems like a blatant attempt to get as many of the hosts of my favorite podcasts as possible in one room together.

• Like 2

I loved this episode! Besser made me laugh so hard (I LOVE his CBB appearances), and Doug is as always a great guest, but I really noticed Paul. You didn't hear much of him, but I thought he was very funny and comfortable for someone who is not a 'podcast regular.'

Edit: Just finished the show. Matt had me laughing so hard with the Puff the Magic Dragon bit! It was so wrong yet so fucking funny. I'm guessing intellectual Matt is arguing with ironic Matt over this. I know I am.

I loved this episode! Besser made me laugh so hard (I LOVE his CBB appearances), and Doug is as always a great guest, but I really noticed Paul. You didn't hear much of him, but I thought he was very funny and comfortable for someone who is not a 'podcast regular.'

Yes, good call. He was comfortable and funny, and talked the perfect amount for a "third" guest.

Ironically, Bess' Smaug impression sounded kinda like Cumberbatch's attempt at a southern accent in 12 Years A Slave.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this