🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 18 — Lamorne Morris, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes start things off by explaining why all of their negative reviews on iTunes are incorrect in a segment called "(Buzzer Sound)! Wrong." Then they open up for a dangerous confession related to the rise of the nerds in Hollywood. Then LAMORNE MORRIS of Newb Girl joins the podcast to discuss his love for commercial films, how much money he makes, and the effect Sean and Hayes giving out part of his phone number had on his life.

We've heard from JJ (Jake Johnson) and now we've heard from Lamorne, when are we going to hear from the man himself, Mr Schmidt?

• Like 3

Eehn! Wrong! is the best feature since the discussion powerful moves with that engineer. This podcast is really going places, and Lamorne was good too.

• Like 2

Chanson gets to ask 7 questions this episode and he gets a Super Bowling Ring?? Meh. Unsubscribe.

• Like 10

Great episode, another instant classic. I'm extra glad that some attention was brought to Chanson's name by Lamorne. I've always wondered why it's mispronounced? Is this an inside joke? I mean we all know it's "SeeHanson" abbreviated to fit a license plate and of course you're the Master of Mmmbop. Finally, some clarity.

• Like 2

Because for whatever reason this was necessary...

photo_zps26bfe00b.jpg

You'll also notice Flappy Bird features prominently in the background.

• Like 7

Congratulations to my main man greggy for getting his name mentioned on the hollywood handbook podcast, you made the big times buddy.

Also, this Benny guy that eats the pizza all the time & that Lamorne hates so much? Is that the guy with The Jets? I don't think it's fair that Elton John makes songs about assholes like Benny where there are so many other deserving people like me, Toby Keith Sweat. Is there any way to get Mr. John on the podcast so we can take him to task over this?

• Like 2

Because for whatever reason this was necessary...

photo_zps26bfe00b.jpg

You'll also notice Flappy Bird features prominently in the background.

Looks like a fake to me, tbh. You have any credit cards laying around? Or maybe your social security card? I'd believe you then.

Also, apropos to nothing, what was your moms last name before she got married and changed it?

• Like 4

I felt like if I didn't use some sort of official ID that it would have come up again... Because you people are so goddamn untrusting and the name issue keeps fucking coming up, so now it's settled and my identity may or may not have been stolen. Either way, I don't use that passport card anyway. I use the booklet which is passport number... Hey, wait a minute.

• Like 1

You know what else would be Ehhn, Wrong!? Not making Revenge of the Nerds into a TV program. Or even a movie. But a movie that is in a parallel universe where the nerds' revenge actually took place in an awesome time like the 1980s. Long before nerds could ever have revenge in this reality.

Also, Chanson, I hope that you are recovering from your victory. What a game, huh? Really great matchup.

• Like 3

Also, Chanson, I hope that you are recovering from your victory. What a game, huh? Really great matchup.

Yeah, you know, I think we really needed this. Seattle, being a city largely consisting of transplants from elsewhere can have a bit of a cold, impersonal feeling, especially during the damp, dark winter months. The summer is exactly the opposite, but everyone gets so absorbed in their own lives that the community can suffer a bit at this time of year. Seattle is also a city of huge divisions. Urban/rural. Aerospace Engineer/Software Developer. Starbucks/Local Coffee Shop. Rich/Upper Middle Class. etc.

However, when the Seahawks started getting closer and closer to the Super Bowl, especially after the win against the 49ers, the city just kind of came alive and also came together as a big family in a way that I've never seen before. It was like everyone was 10 years old on Christmas morning. It's really cool when everyone is on the same page for once and I think the win has done a lot for our image across the country as well. Hopefully that translates into something tangible and builds momentum for local businesses and whomever else can use that little Super Bowl bump to propel them to the next level of whatever they're doing.

Also, is it wrong that I was a little upset that it wasn't a shutout?

PS - I know I'm a huge sports head and all, but wasn't Denver supposed to be good?

• Like 2

Chanson: FB Friend request sent.

Shayes: Sexy show today. Keep it up. Half-chubbed through the whole thing.

• Like 4

Big ups to Greggy. That name sounds pretty darn good falling out of Hayes' mouth.

Also I'm pretty pissed off. I had the understanding that ChanSon was Jackie Chan's son this whole time but turns out he's been misrepresenting himself. I was compiling a list of some really fucking good questions for him to ask his dad but now I guess I wasted my time.

• Like 8

Although I get what the Itunes-reviewers are comming from, I think they haven't put enough work into it. I mean, sure, I've listened to one or two Hollywood Handbooks before, and I didn't really like them that much. But two weeks ago I listed to a Reality Show Show and loved it so much I listed to every singe episode. In two weeks. And now, I "get" Sean and Hayes. So really, reviewers, just put in some more effort. Subscribed.

• Like 2

Holy shit, I saw that commercial like a million times little did I know who Sean was at that time.

Also guys was this episode dedicated to me? I feel like it was, you know with the real nerd talk and the Nelly song. Though I don't know how you guys know that I love Nelly (This isn't a bit, it was the first concert I got to go to that I wanted to) I still listen to his first two albums on a regular basis. Also one of the St.Lunatics follows me on Twitter. I don't think I've ever tweeted about my guilty pleasure of loving Nelly and the Tics or posted it on Facebook so I think you guys are mind readers!

• Like 2

Hahaha holy shit I remember that commercial. I had no idea that was Sean. In fact I think I remember wondering for a second if that was Ryan Phillipe when I first saw it.

• Like 1

yeah at first i was like 'ugh all this dork stuff, forget thsi show' but then i heard my name and even more importantly i found out what kinds of women i should aspire to buying one day so i like holywood hambook a lot again

• Like 4

*In response to Iron Man Phone Commercial

You guys are fuckin' awesome.

This was actually way funnier/cooler than I thought it would be via your description on the show.

I have to say I'm still a fan of the this one myself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7y2Wt7BLc

• Like 8

Minor point to bring up here....but Sean actually does watch tv? So he lying this entire time? Sean and Hayes do know how to use computers? I mean, just when you think you know someone...

Unsubscribe.

• Like 7

Chanson: FB Friend request sent.

Everyone, feel free to add me on Facebook. Seriously.

I already promised you beer, so Facebook makes sense on some level.

You're Welcome.

• Like 2

I heard that Damon Wayans Jr. was supposed to do this episode but got booked on a different podcast and they had to find someone else.

• Like 4

When you guys were kids, did you always really wish that Chris Hardwick and Jenny Mcarthy were like totally fucking back stage of singled out?

Keep in mind I was just starting puberty when that show came out, so my mind was a filth trap.

• Like 1