🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 81.5 — Minisode 81.5

Jean-Claude Van Damme & Dennis Rodman have been making headlines recently but did you know that they both teamed up in 1997 to star in a movie together?

Paul lays down the law regarding video game movies and we learn some interesting facts about Christopher Lambert as he goes through some Corrections & Omissions for last week’s movie Mortal Kombat. Then, neck tattoos, Lucky the Leprechaun’s business plan, and brain bugs are covered as Paul gives some As to your Qs! People of Los Angeles, make sure to get tickets for the added 10pm LIVE How Did This Get Made? on Friday, March 14th at Largo! Get tickets at www.largo-la.com In case you missed it, check out Jay Marks’
episode at www.youtube.com/user/marksjay
  • Like 1

JCVD: "Can you fly a plane?"

DR: "Like a bird"

What does he mean by "Like a bird"????

Does he mean birds can pilot planes or does he mean he can fly a plane by flapping its wings?

I'm confused already

Maybe he just loves Nelly Furtado?

• Like 5

Or, perhaps he flies a plane like a bird does, meaning that he can't. Sort of like saying "Does a bear shit in the woods?!" when you can do something, "Like a bird" could be "No, I can't", "Can you fix the car?" "Like a Bird", obviously, if the question is "Can you fly under your own power", then that would mean that you can... I've gotten off track here.

WOAH! I feel SO honored that I'm mentioned in 2 mini-episodes in a row! This made my year! :);)

Two weeks ago Paul talked about my "Warner Brothers buying DC comics" post, Now he mentioned my Mortal Kombat review correction! YES!

Thank very much Mr. Paul Scheer!

P.S. : When I was young I tried so hard to NEVER mess up anyones name because I wanted them to never mess up my name ( Yes, it's as weird as it sounds... ) But now I honestly don't mind it at all... I figured that we are only humans right? (And also I have this new thing... I want to catch up with Scott Aukerman and his million names and that's not going to happen if everybody gets my name right everytime )

Paul ( and anyone who doesn't want to mess up my name ) Its "Maximilian" with an "O" at the end like "Maximilian-OH" what you always say is "Maximilow" and thats ok too, Its not a big deal and if you want you can/may just call me Max ;)

Again... Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbrII7frHV0

• Like 2

WOAH! I feel SO honored that I'm mentioned in 2 mini-episodes in a row! This made my year! :);)

Two weeks ago Paul talked about my "Warner Brothers buying DC comics" post, Now he mentioned my Mortal Kombat review correction! YES!

Thank very much Mr. Paul Scheer!

P.S. : When I was young I tried so hard to NEVER mess up anyones name because I wanted them to never mess up my name ( Yes, it's as weird as it sounds... ) But now I honestly don't mind it at all... I figured that we are only humans right? (And also I have this new thing... I want to catch up with Scott Aukerman and his million names an that's not going to happen if everybody gets my name right everytime )

Paul ( and anyone who doesn't want to mess up my name ) Its "Maximilian" with an "O" at the end like "Maximilian-OH" what you always say is "Maximilow" and thats ok too, Its not a big deal and if you want you can/may just call me Max ;)

Again... Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbrII7frHV0

High Five to a fellow Mentionee :D

• Like 1

If anyone wants an invite to Hitbliss I have an account and can invite you. It's basically like the free version of Hulu, except you watch the commercials up front and earn credits towards movie and TV purchases.

OMGGGGGGG!!! I have been freaking BEGGING for them to do 'Double Team' for MONTHS!! It is seriously the best/worst thing ever.

"I can shoot the dick off a hummingbird."

Haha, I knew Scheer was going to come out swinging after all of the nerd tears last week about how the gang didn't know all of the subtleties, archetypes, etc of Mortal Kombat.

• Like 1

I love how we go from a movie based on a game that was originally designed to be a vehicle for JCVD to a JCVD movie that was kinda designed to be a vehicle for Dennis Rodman.

• Like 1

*Max High Fives Smigg* :D

I've also been mentioned twice within a reasonable amount of time! I think it's getting a little crowded for all this high-fiving though. I mean, maybe we could do some sort of wacky jump in the air freeze-frame thing if this is going to continue. Or strike our fighting poses...

• Like 2

Mini-Episode Corrections and Omissions: NO ONE was the Kareem, because Kareem was in "Game of Death", NOT "Enter the Dragon"! BAM! R.I.P. Jim Kelly :(

MV5BODI4MTM5NjU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY5Mzg3OQ@@._V1_SY317_CR22,0,214,317_.jpg

• Like 3

High Five to a fellow Mentionee :D

I got my correction mentioned. Made my morning. So high five from me too.

Thanks Mr. Scheer. Yes it is Rattrap "Double-O-Seven" Like james bond.

• Like 2

I've also been mentioned twice within a reasonable amount of time! I think it's getting a little crowded for all this high-fiving though. I mean, maybe we could do some sort of wacky jump in the air freeze-frame thing if this is going to continue. Or strike our fighting poses...

I'll still High Five you. But I love freeze frame jumps.

• Like 3

We got another Razzie favorite in our hands, as Double Team was nominated for won and three of these awards: Worst Supporting Actor for Dennis Rodman, Worst New Star for Rodman and Worst Screen Couple for Rodman and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

• Like 1

I got my correction mentioned. Made my morning. So high five from me too.

Thanks Mr. Scheer. Yes it is Rattrap "Double-O-Seven" Like james bond.

I'll still High Five you. But I love freeze frame jumps.

All of us should get together and reenact the boardroom scene from "Birdemic" as we listen to this mini-episode and clap until infinity after each of our names/nicknames are mentioned...

birdemic_the_second_best_scene-61509.gif

• Like 2

All of us should get together and reenact the boardroom scene from "Birdemic" as we listen to this mini-episode and clap until infinity after each of our names/nicknames are mentioned...

birdemic_the_second_best_scene-61509.gif

That just reminds me of this wedding I went to, and I was placed on the fuck-around table in the corner, where they actually said "We know you guys are gonna fuck around, so you're going on the corner table", and, we lived up to our collective reputation when we kept the applause for the speeches going for about 15 minutes because everyone was trying to get the last clap.

• Like 2

That just reminds me of this wedding I went to, and I was placed on the fuck-around table in the corner, where they actually said "We know you guys are gonna fuck around, so you're going on the corner table", and, we lived up to our collective reputation when we kept the applause for the speeches going for about 15 minutes because everyone was trying to get the last clap.

That reminds me, there was a wedding of a friend that I went to, where at some point in the ceremony, the priest or whoever said something like "Now take a look around at your neighbors, the people sitting around you, greet them, shake their hands", and since my friends were all sitting together, we all did the exploding sun fist bump thing back and forth for about a dozen times each. It's not often that you're asked to do awesome handshakes in church, so you best not waste it

• Like 2

Just watched the Jay Marks video version of HDTGM, i wish every episode could be animated. I would pay money to watch this show every week or so if it was so animated. That was so amazing. good job to who ever did that.

• Like 1

If no one has already corrected your Corrections and Omissions, Kareem Abdul-Jabar wasn't in Enter the Dragon. He was in Game of Death.

Sign in to follow this